A very strangely awesome theory. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A very strangely awesome theory.

hi

Default Re: A very strangely awesome theory.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    How is that scientifically impossible? It's possible that Pokémon came after humans. And there had to be a first Pokémon... why is Mew any less of a possibility for that than any other Pokémon?
    Or do you mean because Arceus was the first, that Mew cannot also be the first? If so, that's not a scientific impossibility, that's a logical impossibility. But only if the legends about Arceus are true.
    No, it's more like a time wise problem. You see, Pokemon like Kabuto have been on their Earth for at least 300 million years. Mew is the first Pokemon so it's been on Earth longer then 300 million years and according to this guy humans have been on their Earth longer then that. Most species would have died off or evolved into another species by that point. Granted, some animals on our Earth haven't changed or died off but they usually live underwater or other places which haven't changed drastically over the course of millions of years.
    And that brings up more problems like when exactly did animals show up relative to the time Pokemon showed up. Or if humans have been around for such long how come they aren't super advance. Well, they are advance but not as advanced as one civilization would become if given that much time. And whole other slew of questions but I think you get the point by now.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    I think that's probably a safety feature. Objects other than Pokémon have been seen inside of Poké Balls in the anime (usually for comedic effect). And some people think that the "item balls" in the games are just Poké Balls with items inside. I would think that you can put anything (of reasonable size) into a Poké Ball, assuming it doesn't break free. This applies to humans too, but they probably added a safety feature so that humans don't accidentally capture other trainers or something, lol
    You know, I always thought that item balls were just a representation of the item on the ground. Like how the lines that make up ledges are suppose to represent elevated ground or the books on the desk are suppose to represent Pokedexes. You know, they can't actually show you the real item because of the limitations of the console but you can imagine what it's suppose to look like. Because if what you were seeing was what was actually happening then an item ball would be roughly the size of a person.
    Last edited by coolcatkim22; 29th August 2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Add Gallifrey on Facebook
    Visit Gallifrey's Youtube Channel

My understanding of it was that, in the Pokemon world, Arceus created the world itself - like the physical trees, rocks, planet - and then all the Pokemon were descended from Mew.

gallifrey on playtcg | haikun on ptcgo

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    No, it's more like a time wise problem. You see, Pokemon like Kabuto have been on their Earth for at least 300 million years. Mew is the first Pokemon so it's been on Earth longer then 300 million years and according to this guy humans have been on their Earth longer then that. Most species would have died off or evolved into another species by that point. Granted, some animals on our Earth haven't changed or died off but they usually live underwater or other places which haven't changed drastically over the course of millions of years.
    And that brings up more problems like when exactly did animals show up relative to the time Pokemon showed up. Or if humans have been around for such long how come they aren't super advance. Well, they are advance but not as advanced as one civilization would become if given that much time. And whole other slew of questions but I think you get the point by now.
    I see... good point.

You know, I always thought that item balls were just a representation of the item on the ground. Like how the lines that make up ledges are suppose to represent elevated ground or the books on the desk are suppose to represent Pokedexes. You know, they can't actually show you the real item because of the limitations of the console but you can imagine what it's suppose to look like. Because if what you were seeing was what was actually happening then an item ball would be roughly the size of a person.
    Yeah, I really have no idea. But the phrase "item ball" was mentioned once, in Red / Blue / Yellow, so I must assume that they are in some ball-type container. That, and if it just represents the item, why not make it look like a treasure chest or something? Or changed it to a sprite of the item now that the DS no longer has such a limitation...

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    Humans came from another planet Earth and crash landed and started a civilization on the alien pokemon world
    I was thinking of the exact same thing, but does that mean that all the theories of the evolution of man are untrue? Pokemon is one weird franchise...
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    Humans came from another planet Earth and crash landed and started a civilization on the alien pokemon world
    I was thinking of the exact same thing, but does that mean that all the theories of the evolution of man are untrue? Pokemon is one weird franchise...
    Theres also the possibility of a meteorite containing microbes that would evolve into humans crashed on the pokemon world and over millions of years humans slowly formed

in bulbapedia it says humans and pokemons were once the same, then became divided

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Humans evolved from early Primapes. They invented fire types and wielded key items. And humans evolved into Homo Trainerus and mastered the Pokemon of the land.
    maglev is invisible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12