A very strangely awesome theory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: A very strangely awesome theory.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

Default A very strangely awesome theory.

Almost all Pokemon are descended from Mew. Every other Pokemon was created by Arceus. But what about humans? They seem to be the odd one out here...
    Perhaps humans are a perfect being created by Arceus,capable of controlling other Pokemon. But are humans Pokemon,or related to them? Or maybe humans are also descendents of Mew as well. This would explain why humans are so resistant to Pokemon attacks(Ash has been hit by Pikachu's thunderbolt multiple times,and don't get me started on Team Rocket). Plus, humans have extraordinary capabilities compared to people in real life(People like Ash and Riley are capable of using aura, and the rather common Psychic class trainer which in the sprite, the trainer levitates a Poke ball). Does this theory make it reasonable for people to eat Pokemon? Or would that be some weird form of cannibalism... Well,what do you guys think?

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Blog Entries

Visit Kira Akigari's Youtube Channel

Default Re: A very strangely awesome theory.

Arceus was just bored so he made stupid humans

I don't know how Arceus plays into all this, but I think humans and Pokémon are entirely unrelated.
    I've got 2 theories on this:
    1. Pokémon could be a subset of animals. Perhaps there was one species of cat-like animal known as Mew and all Pokémon descended from it, so all Pokémon really are animals afterall. This means that there are other animals (not related to Pokémon) as well (which is backed up by some references in the Pokédex entries and the anime). And if the other animals are unrelated to Pokémon, it makes even more sense that humans are unrelated.
    2. Pokémon is its own Kingdom (unrelated to the other Kingdoms, like animals, plants, etc.). This means that Pokémon are even less related to real-world animals and humans than in my first theory.

As for the human-resistance to attacks... I think that's just to make the show better. Not everything in the show is realistic (e.g. characters can fall hundreds of feet and not be injured), and the show would be way too violent if Ash was severely electrocuted or burned every time he got hit by an attack.
    As for the psychic powers and aura... it may just be a coincedence that humans and Pokémon can know similar skills. Happens in real-life too... fish and dolphins can both swim in deep water despite not being related, insects and bats can both fly around despite not being related, etc.
    Last edited by Xenidal; 25th August 2012 at 08:20 AM.

Registered User xanderthevampire's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, if all pokemon are descended from Mew then Mew would, essentially be the single celled organism of the pokemon world (albeit more advanced) from which all life evolved in it's own way. This would make it very similar to the real world theory of evolution and so a human eating, say, a miltank would be no different to a human irl eating a cow. Although they would most likely be related to mankey, primeape or other primate pokemon. Interesting...
    Check out my blog to see how my Nuzlocke run's going.

Follow Benster404 On Twitter

Simple, there are future legendaries that explain the evolution of humanity. Humans are clearly unrelated to Pokémon due to the fact they are unable to be captured in a Pokéball.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic61470_1.gif

Blog Entries

My theory: Humans are Pokemon that just evolved differently as the other species and don't have all their powers. Considering there is extraterrestrial Pokemon in the universe, Mew has obviously, through not known methods, seeded the entire universe with life. So pretty much, "Pokemon" is a term used by the humans that refers to any other life other than humans.

Forbidden Forest Ranger Cosmic Gerbil's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Cosmic Gerbil on Facebook

What about when humans turn into Pokemon though? The original inhabitants of Relic Castle became Yamask after they died and there is one Pokemon game (I forget which one) where it mentions a boy turns into a Kadabra. (It is in Kadabra's Pokedex description, I think).
    Exit light
    Enter night
    Take my hand
    We're off to never never-land

Humans came from another planet Earth and crash landed and started a civilization on the alien pokemon world
    Robo-Floatzel and BreeZaps like this.

Blog Entries

Isn't there some Sinnoh legend that says humans descended from Pokemon?

Well, maybe Mew was just the first Pokemon. Specifically. People could have been there before Mew. But then that raises the question about what Arceus is, if not a Pokemon. Like a chicken or egg debate: did Mew create Arceus or did Arceus create Mew? Did they both pop out of some dimensional void?
    Bill Cipher likes this.

Follow クリスタル On Twitter

The relationship between Arceus and Mew is just like those between God and Adam/Eve, don't need me to explain?
    But, I don't want to start my conversation on that topic which had been discussed and argued again and again.

The Pokemon World is so similar to the Real World of ours, so it is plausible that human is biologically "Pokemon" as well, just like in the Real World where human is biologically "animal" as well (Please understand what is mean by "biologically").
    Though in the Real World, one will obviously argue human is technically not "animal" for many reasons such as the difference in level of intelligence, do not live merely by instincts, having civilization, being the higher organism... etc. Yes, by theory, human is not animal, but BIOLOGICALLY EQUIVALENT to animal.
    So, according to the same argument, human in the Pokemon World is also BIOLOGICALLY EQUIVALENT to Pokemon.
    Kynn Master likes this.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

hi

I don't get why people keep assuming humans evolved from Pokemon or were created by Pokemon. The Pokemon world has been hinted on more then a few occasions that it's earth. Just an Earth with Pokemon on it.

Most likely, Humans evolved from other normal living things just like on the real Earth. There is nothing to suggest that humans have Pokemon DNA or that humans are some how different then any other animal/plant/mineral/etc that exist on their Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciole View Post
    Well, maybe Mew was just the first Pokemon. Specifically. People could have been there before Mew.
    Well, that's scientifically impossible but that's never stopped Pokemon before so I can't really argue with it.
    Last edited by coolcatkim22; 28th August 2012 at 04:53 PM.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Humans are aliens from a meteor clash on pokeearth

Follow Benster404 On Twitter

Humans simply cannot be Pokémon as you cannot put a human in a pokéball
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic61470_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    Well, that's scientifically impossible but that's never stopped Pokemon before so I can't really argue with it.
    How is that scientifically impossible? It's possible that Pokémon came after humans. And there had to be a first Pokémon... why is Mew any less of a possibility for that than any other Pokémon?
    Or do you mean because Arceus was the first, that Mew cannot also be the first? If so, that's not a scientific impossibility, that's a logical impossibility. But only if the legends about Arceus are true.

Anyway, I agree, there is absolutely no indication that humans are even related to Pokémon. Except psychic abiities and aura abiities, but those are based on real-world concepts and still don't indicate a relation any more than unrelated real-world animals sharing certain abilities indicates a relationship between them.
    The Pokémon world probably is Earth, just in an alternate reality where there are Pokémon living amongst the population and there are far less real-world animals. And yes, there are real-world animals in the Pokémon world... this is indicated in every canon. Which means that even if the real-world evolution theory applies, it doesn't indicate that Pokémon are related to humans any more than it indicates that dinosaurs are related to humans, or trees are related to humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Benster404 View Post
    Humans simply cannot be Pokémon as you cannot put a human in a pokéball
    I think that's probably a safety feature. Objects other than Pokémon have been seen inside of Poké Balls in the anime (usually for comedic effect). And some people think that the "item balls" in the games are just Poké Balls with items inside. I would think that you can put anything (of reasonable size) into a Poké Ball, assuming it doesn't break free. This applies to humans too, but they probably added a safety feature so that humans don't accidentally capture other trainers or something, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast