Underrated Pokemon you like? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Underrated Pokemon you like?

Default Re: Underrated Pokemon you like?

Dewgong - this pokemon has actually decent stats that are distributed pretty well (some are a little over and a little under. like special defense being a bit higher). its absolutely adorable but i don't see too much love for the guy. i see other water-types being favored over him like a Gyarados or even Quagsire. sure in G/S/C/HG/SS you can't get a Seel till pretty late in your journey around Johto. you can't really get a Seel till you reach the Whirl Islands and then you have to train it quite a bit till its leveled up to your other pokemon and evolves into Dewgong. so why use Dewgong? well there is a dragon trainer for your last gym leader and the champion of the region and there are not that many ice types early on in the games. (Swinub in the Ice Path but thats all the way at the ice path... pretty late in the game) but Dewgong's secondary typing is ice. and it can learn some good ice moves, even learning Sheer Cold when evolving into Dewgong. i don't here two much about this awesome water type when it really deserves something.

Minun - gosh this one is pretty personal for me. i mean its a Minun. its small and cute... not supposed to be a strong electric type. its attack stat is 40 and defense at 50. but its special attack is 75 and special defense is 85, pretty good for a tiny little thing but its speed. with a base speed at 90 this little guy is fast. Minun can really get a hit in. its speed is awesome in battle, always the first to take a turn. also in my Emerald game i caught all three of the early electric type, so thats including Electrike who evolves into Manectric who even has a faster base speed than Minun but i chose Minun and i was glad. Manectric may be faster and has much better attack and special attack but Minun has a great special defense. Manectric's defense overall is poor. i don't hear of people using Minun to battle too often. i just here about the guy because he is cute but you can not underestimate him in battle
    "So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Vanniluxe. This guy is adorable, yet everyone picks on because its ugly and unoriginal and blah blah. No offense to anyone, but this irritates me so much. Its actually an icicle, not ice cream. Its more original then Electrode the upside-down Poke Ball with a troll face. Speaking of Electrode, I also like him too, but not as much as Altaria, the most underrated Dragon type ever. Yes, I know she has poor offenses, but give him a turn to set up Cotton Guard and strike with super-effective attacks, and you have a monster on your hands.
    My planned dream team- in the works (eventually)

PM me if you wish to add me as a friend on the 3DS!

Official Claimer of Oblivion Wing on 3/15/14, of the Relic Crown and Enigma Stone on 5/17/14, and most especially Arcanine on 7/5/14! Also, I claimed Tiki and Robin from Fire Emblem, but that doesn't matter too much. Oh, wait, there's also the Hookshot, Dragonstone, Thoron, and Crusader Blade. I have way too many claims...

Quote Originally Posted by Spyspotter View Post
    Probopass. Everyone hates it because of its design, but if you actually train one, you will see that it is awesome.
    I want to love Probopass but the 4x weakness to Fighting scares the daylights out of me. =<
    Safari: Dragon | Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo
    Pokémon X | FC: 4871-3955-6532 | Name: Brandon
    Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

Follow SONICバリヤ On Twitter
    Visit SONICバリヤ's Youtube Channel

Delibird - Not really underrated because it really is bad, but it has its moments. It also happens to be my favorite Pokemon.

Dodrio - Battle-wise it can hit pretty hard but it has low vitality. I've always really liked it's design.

Omastar - I love its design and its got decent stats. I always felt like people forgot about it because they were too busy saying how cool Kabutops was...

Archeops - Horrible, horrible ability but it's really fun to use and it looks cool.

Poliwrath - Once again, this Pokemon always seems like it's overshadowed by Politoed. I could never tell if it has a mouth or not...

Primeape, Electrode, Tangela/Tangrowth, Sharpedo, Shiftry, Clefable, Rhydon, Pinsir, Tauros, Durant, Manectric, Hitmonchan and Armaldo.
    Last edited by SONICバリヤ; 26th August 2013 at 04:45 PM.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

My two favorite Pokemon are Floatzel and Mienshao, which I find to be severely overlooked in the fandom. Floatzel is overshadowed by it's pre-evolution Buizel being more popular and Buizel being treated as a standalone, and someone called Floatzel "fat and ugly", when I think it's cute and badass. Mienshao is the same (and so is it's pre-evo Mienfoo), some of the people who play the Gen 5 games I have met in real life don't even know what it is, I told someone my favorite Pokemon from BW1/2 was Mienshao, and he didn't know what I was talking about.

What really contributes is their lack of appearances in the anime, because the anime is always what makes a lot of Pokemon popular or overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by RTLfan View Post
    Floatzel: Top 10 favorite. From what I've noticed people tend to dislike him because he looks a bit feminine (how sexist).
    Floatzel is my #1 favorite, consider me it's biggest fan. Someone on DeviantART told me that he loves Buizel because of how cute it is, but hates Floatzel because it looks "fat and ugly", to which I disagreed with him, I blame the Platinum sprite for making Floatzel underrated
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

All of them, no one likes bug types

Legendary Super Saiyan broly146's Avatar

My two favorite pokemon are Haunter and Steelix and I think they are severely overlooked. It seems like everyone has a Gengar but do they ever consider keeping it at Haunter? No, but i do. Steelix is just frikin BA. I mean look at it there is no way you won't be intimidated by a steelix and it has the HIGHEST defense in the pokemon world.

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

I feel that Uxie is one of those underrated Pokemon in UU who I don't see a lot. It's interesting actually, because whilst UU has some powerful physical attackers such as heracross that are indeed something to take note of, its special attackers are just as scary. Raikou, Zapdos and Roserade are all dealt with by Uxie, as the latter takes t-bolt attacks like a champ, especially with CM sets. It wins CM wars with Raikou also, seeing as Psyshock leaves quite a dent in the tiger.

I feel that, in a tier dominated by fighters, that Uxie is a definite option not to be overlooked. Its only setback is just about being walled completely by Umbreon/Bisharp and other possible Dark types, and that's really about it.

I'd say Gengar and Vileplume are pretty underrated but I do like them a lot. Actually, are they underrated???

Im building up on posts:3 mewing mewie mew's Avatar

Visit mewing mewie mew's Youtube Channel

All then gen 5 pokemon, 100% Underrated, Especially keldeo the ice creams and the garbages, At least they are not muks.
    “The important thing is not how long you live... It's what you accomplish with your life.
    While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important... That would definitely carry on into the future.”
    ~Grovyle

Though the parting hurts, The rest is in your hands. ~Grovyle

I love mystery dungeon

I don't use stats because they are so confusing and I just don't get them...

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

Emolga
    I have a strong fascination and love for Emolga. It's CUTEEEEEEEEEEE.. It's very cuteeeeee..
    Nice Electric/Flying typing. Immune to ground.
    And cute :)

Best Pikachu-clone ever. No. He's not even a Pikachu clone to me.
    He's a separate equally or greater entity than Pikachu.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Abomasnow: An evergreen tree Yeti? Hell yes. Also has the best Pokemon cry in my opinion, sounds intimidating and like a buzzsaw.

Honchkrow: I love mobsters, and dark types, so I love this design. One of my top favorite Pokemon.

Bidoof/Bibarel: Everyone hates on this guy, but I love how stupid it looks. I think it's kind of cute, and I love beavers.

Floatzel: I think the design is a cool concept, and one of the few Gen 4 Pokemon I like.

Weavile: Not sure how underrated this one is, but it's my favorite Pokemon next to Houndoom.

Mienshao: This thing's high jump kicks hit hard, and I like the more feminine design for a fighting type, which seems to be lacking for the most part. And it's a weasel!

Nidoking: Always loved this design. It looks intimidating and badass.

Persian: I love cougars and big cats, and this cat is definitely cool.

Electabuzz: Such a strange but cool design, was one of my favorites back in Gen 1.

Sableye: One of the cutest designs in my opinion. One of my favorite Pokemon.

Scolipede: It almost looks like a dragon bug. Super cool and love the colors.

Cofagrigus: I really liked this design when it was first revealed.

Mandibuzz: I love vultures, and dark types, so this Pokemon was instantly a favorite when I first saw it.
    Friend Code: 4012-4584-1628
    IGN: Beetle K-Lee (Y), Beetle (OR)
    Trainer Shiny Value: 3683 (Y)
    Friend Safari: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern

.................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

Blog Entries

I'd have to say Lopunny...and no it's not what you think! I fuck Gardevoirs, not bunnies

Blog Entries

Chikorita Evo Line, Psyduck, and Golduck

I like Leafeon! People say it has a bad moveset but that doesn't stop me :)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast