Unanswered Pokemon Questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Unanswered Pokemon Questions

Awesomating everything xawesomatorx's Avatar

Visit xawesomatorx's Youtube Channel

Question Unanswered Pokemon Questions

In this thread you can ask questions about Pokemon that have been unanswered or you are very unsure of. For Example:
    In the anime, where do Ash and his followers get meat from?? Tepig? Miltank? Magikarp?
    You may also answer a question asked by another if you are sure that you know the answer

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unanswered Pokemon Questions

I have a theory that there are real animals in the pokemon world, and were just don't see them because they're raised in isolated farms.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Real animals do exist in the Pokéworld, we just rarely see them because they're unimportant. They're referenced in numerous in-game Pokédex entries, and real fish and a worm were seen in early episodes of the anime (the former perhaps due to a lack of variety in fish Pokémon, and the latter probably because Pidgeotto eating a Bug-type Pokémon would have been a little too graphic). Another one that may be dub-only (I'm not sure) is the muskrat meatballs in To Master the Onixpected—it's possible they were something else in the original Japanese, but again, I'm not sure.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    Real animals do exist in the Pokéworld, we just rarely see them because they're unimportant. They're referenced in numerous in-game Pokédex entries, and real fish and a worm were seen in early episodes of the anime (the former perhaps due to a lack of variety in fish Pokémon, and the latter probably because Pidgeotto eating a Bug-type Pokémon would have been a little too graphic). Another one that may be dub-only (I'm not sure) is the muskrat meatballs in To Master the Onixpected—it's possible they were something else in the original Japanese, but again, I'm not sure.
    I never thought of it that way... so here comes another question(remember anyone can ask): How do water Pokemon battle on land?? (excludes staryu and starmie)

Blog Entries

They manipulate the H and the O partials in the air to make a force that they can float upon.

or all water type pokemon can stand, or flop on land just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnSapphire View Post
    They manipulate the H and the O partials in the air to make a force that they can float upon.

OK, but how does a Pokemon use Surf (in battle) if it is nowhere near water?
    |Youtube Channel | <<<Do me a favour; click that link

OFFICIALLY CLAIMED:

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My theory: There once were real animals coexisting with Pokémon, but the Pokémon, as clearly superior beings, were able to wear down their numbers with alarming rapidity, so people were forced to take the remaining real animals and keep and breed them for the only purpose they could serve in this Pokémon-centric world; food.

Hey everyone! I found some useful pieces of info:
    This is Raichu's Pokedex Entry (FireRed): "Its electric charges can reach even 100,000 volts. Careless contact can cause even an Indian elephant to faint."
    and this is Gastly's Pokedex Entry (FireRed): "A being that exists as a thin gas. It can topple an Indian elephant by enveloping the prey in two seconds."
    These two Pokedex entries imply that there are animals in Pokemon (in this case an elephant).................................... wait a second isn't donphan....?

OFFICIALLY CLAIMED:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xawesomatorx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnSapphire View Post

OK, but how does a Pokemon use Surf (in battle) if it is nowhere near water?
    Simple, they summon the water, then crash it into the opponent.

Cows exist in the Pokémon world... this was seen when Ash was wearing a cow costume and making a joke about "cowterpie".
    But I highly doubt that all of the hamburgers come from cow... there's simply no cow farms ever even seen at all. Ever. The world's hamburger supply can't possibly come from a very small amount of cows being raised in secret... so small a population, so rare and uncommon as to never even be seen in the anime. Most likely hamburgers are mostly all Tauros / Miltank / Bouffalant. It's even stated that people eat Farfetch'd. They do mention actual real-world animal meat though (fried chicken, muskrat meatballs, etc.) so I'm guessing that people eat both -- animals and Pokémon.

As for Water Pokémon battling on land... they can't. It's stated in the anime that they can't (Misty sends out a Goldeen as a distraction and it starts flopping around and she's like "everyone knows that a Water Pokémon can't battle on land.") They do battle on land in the games though so I have no idea.
    As for Surf... in the Stadium games they just summon a ton of water. It's probably something like that... I mean in the anime they've done something similar with Rock Climb when no rocks / mountains were around (a huge mound was just summoned out of no where and then the Pokémon climbed that...)

I see that my questions have been answered. Very well. But here's something that I think is weird:
    Dragonair's height is 13'01" whereas Dragonite's height is 7'03". Isn't an evolved Pokemon supposed to be bigger than its pre-evolved forms? But I think Dragonite is the only Pokemon this occurs to.

OFFICIALLY CLAIMED:

Blog Entries

Well, a diamond is stronger then coal, no? things can be heavier then other things and be smaller. I think that Dragonite is a lot more dense then Dragonair, and has a lot more energy inside of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xawesomatorx View Post
    I see that my questions have been answered. Very well. But here's something that I think is weird:
    Dragonair's height is 13'01" whereas Dragonite's height is 7'03". Isn't an evolved Pokemon supposed to be bigger than its pre-evolved forms? But I think Dragonite is the only Pokemon this occurs to.
    13'01" is Dragonair's length, since it is a snake-like Pokémon.

When it evolve, it becomes a monster-like Pokémon, so its 7'03" is taller than Dragonair's 13'01".
    If you see a Dragonair and a Dragonite standing side-to-side, Dragonite will be much taller.

(Correct me if I am wrong)

How do pokemon with levitate levitate in battle?

^ They levitate by floating a few feet off the ground...that's how you levitate...

As for all the "meat" in the PokeWorld, I always strictly believed that it was tofu. Everyone is a vegetarian.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast