Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous - Page 8

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous

TV Tropes mentioned Electric being immune by Ground types and Flying types being weak to Electric as part of their "Critical Research Failure" page, so why hasn't GF take note of this logic?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    TV Tropes mentioned Electric being immune by Ground types and Flying types being weak to Electric as part of their "Critical Research Failure" page, so why hasn't GF take note of this logic?
    Because it works perfectly well in terms of balance and it's internally consistent even if it's the opposite of real life physics, so there's no need for them to change it?
    Saiga and Owain like this.

El_
    Blog Entries

Why is Poison weak to Ground?

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Poison can't get in to the ground to hurt it? or poison is weak because it's not very sturdy and and be noted around easily.

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    here is bit detailed explanation from Mutitus: While many Poison-types are typically immune to their own poison and thus rarely have any fear of being intoxicated by another member of their species, many species possess volatile chemicals within their poison that can be disturbed by seismic activity or the application of ground-based substances as projectile weapons. If disturbed, these volatiles can ignite and cause severe physical damage to a Pokemon's internal organs, in turn amplifying the damage done by the attack considerably and potentially dealing lethal damage.

I Live In The War Room GengarWithSunglasses's Avatar

Question Electric Super Effective On Steel

Okay, you know how electricity is super effective on water. Well I'm pretty sure that's because water conducts electricity. Steel does too. So shouldn't electric attacks be super effective on steel? Just wondering about other's opinions on it. Don't say Nintendo just decided it unless you give an explanation of your logic with it. This is also if you think if you worked on the types and what's super effective on what at Nintendo when generation 2 came out (when steel came out) you would choose to do this. Anyway, anyone agree with me?

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

@GengarWithSunglasses; I've merged your thread in with this one, since it shares the same topic.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

I'm personally confused as to why they didn't keep Poison type moves super effective against Bug type Pokemon, in the real world we use poisons to eradicate bugs, it may have just been to make them different defensively than Grass types but still. I also agree that Electric moves should work better against Steel Pokemon, being conductors as well. Also, Flying types being good against Grass types, I'm probably just ignorant but where in nature do birds attack plants?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Electric Super Effective On Steel

Quote Originally Posted by GengarWithSunglasses View Post
    Okay, you know how electricity is super effective on water. Well I'm pretty sure that's because water conducts electricity. Steel does too. So shouldn't electric attacks be super effective on steel? Just wondering about other's opinions on it. Don't say Nintendo just decided it unless you give an explanation of your logic with it. This is also if you think if you worked on the types and what's super effective on what at Nintendo when generation 2 came out (when steel came out) you would choose to do this. Anyway, anyone agree with me?
    I always thought that the steel coating acted like a Faraday cage, conducting the electricity around the vital organs. And the damage was just from resistance heating.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Rock types are weak to Ground types. I never got that.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

Quote Originally Posted by Jdog1020 View Post
    I, in my opinion, Think Flying should have a disadvantage on Fire. I think a good wind would spread the fire, resulting in more chaos. And I think Psychic should beat Ghost, not vice-versa, since I think a psychic could detect ghosts.
    Well I think ghost should not affect psychic (like in generation 1), because what if you don't believe in ghosts. Anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Takoto View Post
    Rock types are weak to Ground types. I never got that.
    Well if you throw a rock at the ground it's just gonna' hurt itself or break, but I don't get how ground is good on rock. It's the rock's fault if it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by NacCrystal View Post
    Why Psychic is effective against Poison?

Why Dragon is effective against Dragon?
    Well I heard that there are stories about monks cleansing the toxins in their bodies.

I guess because dragons fight each other to find out which one is the best and fight their hardest to the death to win and don't fight as hard against others.
    Last edited by Drakon; 20th June 2012 at 05:20 PM.

Well I think ghost should not affect psychic (like in generation 1), because what if you don't believe in ghosts. Anyone agree?
    Well just because you don't believe in it doesn't mean it's not there. If you're attacked by a shark and you don't believe in sharks for some reason, it's still going to hurt you.

Also I think steel shouldn't be immune to poison it should be weak to it. Some poison are quite corrosive, and as shown in the anime poison type attacks are very corrosive. (The episode where axew get's stuck on scolipede)
    Owain likes this.

Default Re: Electric Super Effective On Steel

I always thought that the steel coating acted like a Faraday cage, conducting the electricity around the vital organs. And the damage was just from resistance heating.
    That's a pretty good idea, but wouldn't the Pokemon have to have an insulator like rubber so the heat wouldn't get to the organs, since the steel is so close to the organs? For example, with a big charge, electricity could melt the conductor and the heat could get to the organs and burn the Pokemon. The thing is, the Pokemon is made out of steel, or at least covered by it. It might not even have organs (robotic), but could still melt if the electricity is too strong (like burning out a light bulb. If you use several batteries, short wire and few light bulbs, the light bulb burns out). Just saying. I might be looking at it wrong though. Any counter-arguments? I might be wrong. Using this logic, weak electric attacks would be normal or maybe still super effective because steel conducts electricity which was the basis of my first written theory. But, the counter-argument was that it could act like a metal cage that conducts the electricity so it couldn't reach the being. Like plate armor being made in the medieval ages to make sure that the arrows didn't reach the body. I'm confusing myself. Someone who has studied electrical engineering please help.
    Last edited by GengarWithSunglasses; 24th June 2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Multi-Quote

Well just because you don't believe in it doesn't mean it's not there. If you're attacked by a shark and you don't believe in sharks for some reason, it's still going to hurt you.
    True, I just changed my mind. Even if you didn't believe in ghosts, and you get attacked by a ghost type attack and you continue to refuse to believe, they will probably start getting mentally unstable and start hallucinating or something. I take my opinion back. Some people have phobias anyway. Sorry for my stupidity.

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why should Water be good against Ground all the time? Surely if there is enough ground, it will soak up the water? Or am I, as usual, missing a crucial point? ^^
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast