Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Strange type match-ups

Quote Originally Posted by 투 애니원 View Post
    Poison is another weird type for me. Why is it resistant against Fighting type and why is Psychic and Ground effective against it? I suppose Psychics heal their wound or something like that but what about ground type?
    Ground absorbs poison, preventing them from spreading further.

Why is Ghost type resistant against Bug and Poison? The latter confuses me more.
    Ghosts being resistant to Poison makes sense (although it would make more sense if they were immune to Poison). I'd say it's because Ghosts are dead and Poison has no effect on something that's already dead. The Bug thing is confusing though.

I have another question about Ice types. Its super effective against Ground but not super effective against Rock? I always thought it was SE against Rock since its somewhat similar to Water type.

Blog Entries

I have another question about Ice types. Its super effective against Ground but not super effective against Rock? I always thought it was SE against Rock since its somewhat similar to Water type.
    Well, Water is powerful against rock because it can misshape a rock when its force (like how rocks gets deformed at the sea). Don't quite see the same for Ice, because Ice can't really smash a rock. The common perception would be that when Ice and Rock clash, the Ice will be the one which is more prone to cracking, I guess.

Thanks for reading.
    “Breathe not the sins of others so long as thou art thyself a sinner. Shouldst thou transgress this command, accursed wouldst thou be, and to this I bear witness.”

Bonus article: Normal-type Reviews: Introduction (23/03/2015)

Well, if you freeze a rock it becomes much easier to break. So it would make sense for Rock to be weak to Ice.

Rocket Surgeon

Regarding Ice vs. Rock: IRL, ice does break down rocks, but over a long period of time, generally via ice wedging. I see this as relating to the fact that in-game, ice does normal damage to rock.
    However:
    Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    The common perception would be that when Ice and Rock clash, the Ice will be the one which is more prone to cracking, I guess.
    ^This^
    WHITE SMOKE is the reason for ROTATION.

Blog Entries

Follow Meyneth on Tumblr

Don't we all ready have a thread like this?

It's called Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Don't we all ready have a thread like this?

It's called Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous
    Yes... I didn't see that when I made this topic. Someone should lock this I guess.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous

Fighting resists dark. Dark type moves involve fighting dirty. Come on, sucker-punching a skilled martial artist is gonna hurt as much as sucker-punching an ordinary guy.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Default Re: Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    Fighting resists dark. Dark type moves involve fighting dirty. Come on, sucker-punching a skilled martial artist is gonna hurt as much as sucker-punching an ordinary guy.
    No it won't... martial artists are able to block or dodge attacks (even unfair / sneak attacks) better than an ordinary guy. And martial artists are usually trained to handle pain and all that so he probably wouldn't feel it as much anyway. But I doubt that them getting hurt has anything to do with the resistance... if it did they should also be resistant to Normal and Fighting (since a martial artist would not be affected as much by another martial artist or a regular guy as a regular guy would be affected by a martial artist or another regular guy). That resistance is probably just to help keep the types balanced or something.

This isn't a type advantage or whatever, but I don't think it makes much sense that Bite is a Dark-type move. Crunch being Dark-type is understandable (because its more vicious / whatever), but a simple Bite should be Normal-type.

Also, I don't think that Ghost should have resistances to types... I think it should have a resistance to physical attacks. I mean, a Sucker Punch does twice the damage to a Ghost but a Mega Punch does no damage? They're both physical attacks... neither one should hit a Ghost. I mean really, if I punch at a ghost in real life I'm going to go right through it and not damage it at all, regardless of whether or not I sucker punched it or if it was just a regular punch. This would bring up an issue with certain physical moves though... like a Fire Punch. I don't think it would make sense for it to make contact, but even without making contact I can see how the fire could still damage the Ghost. Maybe make it so that physical attacks of a certain type have no effect... like any Dark-type physical attack for example.

Blog Entries

@dannyjenn About Bite: It was originally a normal type move, but when Generation II came it became a dark type move, probably on the grounds that when you're fighting to someone, you bite it as a dirty move (brother/sister quarrel anyone?)

And at the latter part, while I do agree with it, I think that it won't happen anytime soon on the rounds that it could make some Pokemon seriously overpowered
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Dragon being Weak To ice, I know that dragon has to be weak to something, but why Ice?
    Japanese ancient culture that found fossils probably believed they were dragons not dinosaurs. Thus, the ice age ended the dragon age. This is just my own assumption. Every type has a weakness that has a deeper meaning than just charts that make it fair. Otherwise everything would just be random.

Quote Originally Posted by TFSpock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdog1020 View Post
    And I think Psychic should beat Ghost, not vice-versa, since I think a psychic could detect ghosts.
    I think I read somewhere that Ghost being effective to Psychic is based on the fear of Ghosts, like the fear of the Dark and Bugs.

On that topic, I don't get how Psychic is ineffective to Dark. Is it supposed to represent sleep, like the shutting down of the mind or something? (But moves like Dream Eater and Hypnosis are Psychic, so...)
    The reason why psychic types are ineffective to dark types are the reasons that dark types resemble criminalistic, shallow minded origins. Think of Scraggy, a thug. Try using powers that require a deep mental connection between the two pokemon except Scraggy would have a very small idealistic perspective. It really does make sense.
    Last edited by Zeb; 31st March 2012 at 08:23 AM. Reason: merge

Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Steel resisting grass; if it goes through rocks it should at least work neutral on steels.

Bug resisting grass; carnivorous plants yo.

Grass being weak to ice; I know trees don't grow at the north pole, but by that logic bug should be weak to ice as well. A lot of trees to just fine in colder climates.

Steel immunity to poison; acid.

Fighting resisting bug; why?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Steel resisting grass; if it goes through rocks it should at least work neutral on steels.

Bug resisting grass; carnivorous plants yo.

Grass being weak to ice; I know trees don't grow at the north pole, but by that logic bug should be weak to ice as well. A lot of trees to just fine in colder climates.

Steel is much harder than a rock, so it makes sense their attacks aren't as strong
    I agree with the rest, and as for the Fighting < Bug, mainly because bugs are very resistant, some can survive in extreme situations, while you can squish a good part of them, punching or kicking doesn't exactly do the trick
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post

I think Grass should be weak to Ice, but I agree that Bug should also be weak to Ice. I heard that it's probably a balance issue... Bug would have too many weaknesses.
    Fighting resisting Bug is probably because a bug will have little effect on a muscle man or matrial artist or something. If anything Bug should have no effect. The only real damage a Bug can do is if its poisonous it can bite you, but that would really be an issue with the Poison type (which Fighting should be weak to). And Bug should be weak to Fighting since you can just crush a bug with your muscles, except again, Bug would have a balance issue.

And I think Psychic should beat Ghost, not vice-versa, since I think a psychic could detect ghosts.
    Yeah, it's based on fears. But I agree, the reverse makes more sense. Psychics have good perception of spirits and whatnot so a Ghost would lose its advantage of being hidden / invisible.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast