Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous

Blog Entries

Default Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous

I, in my opinion, Think Flying should have a disadvantage on Fire. I think a good wind would spread the fire, resulting in more chaos. And I think Psychic should beat Ghost, not vice-versa, since I think a psychic could detect ghosts.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Jdog1020 View Post
    And I think Psychic should beat Ghost, not vice-versa, since I think a psychic could detect ghosts.
    I think I read somewhere that Ghost being effective to Psychic is based on the fear of Ghosts, like the fear of the Dark and Bugs.

On that topic, I don't get how Psychic is ineffective to Dark. Is it supposed to represent sleep, like the shutting down of the mind or something? (But moves like Dream Eater and Hypnosis are Psychic, so...)
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Type Advantages, Disadvantages and Neturaliaties you think are Ridiculous

Ice taking neutral damage from Water and Grass, and Bug and Poison no longer being weak against each other since Gen 1.
    Enzap likes this.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=TFSpock;3812818]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdog1020 View Post
    On that topic, I don't get how Psychic is ineffective to Dark. Is it supposed to represent sleep, like the shutting down of the mind or something? (But moves like Dream Eater and Hypnosis are Psychic, so...)
    I'm thinking it's based more on type-chart balancing than on any actual thing.

Anyway, I get that Steel is supposed to be a great defensive type, but only two neutrals? That seems a bit... well, ridiculous. And both of those are types you could make out to be super-effective on steel (a lot of types of metal conduct electricity well and water would cause it to rust), which I guess is why they both resist steel. And with a lot of the weirder types it's hard to figure out how steel is supposed to resist them, anyway (how does having a hard metal body protect you against darkness or mental assaults?).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post

And with a lot of the weirder types it's hard to figure out how steel is supposed to resist them, anyway (how does having a hard metal body protect you against darkness or mental assaults?).
    I agree, those two are just ridiculous. I understand that Steel is supposed to be defensive an all, but resisting Dark, Ghost and Psychic is just odd.

I think it would make more sense for Water to be good against Steel, rather than Fighting. Are they trying to say that some people can punch apart metal?
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TFSpock View Post

And with a lot of the weirder types it's hard to figure out how steel is supposed to resist them, anyway (how does having a hard metal body protect you against darkness or mental assaults?).
    I agree, those two are just ridiculous. I understand that Steel is supposed to be defensive an all, but resisting Dark, Ghost and Psychic is just odd.

I think it would make more sense for Water to be good against Steel, rather than Fighting. Are they trying to say that some people can punch apart metal?
    Well, it's also a balance issue - if Steel didn't resist those, something else would have to. I think they could come up with some slightly more logical resistors, but hey.

I can actually understand fighting on steel, though. Steel is hard (which is why it resists everything and their aunts), but that makes it brittle, so a well-focused blow like from a professional fighter would be able to break it. Same reason fighting's good against rock. (Speaking of which, why does fighting resist rock?)

Blog Entries

Dragon being Weak To ice, I know that dragon has to be weak to something, but why Ice?

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Dragon being Weak To ice, I know that dragon has to be weak to something, but why Ice?
    Most Dragon types are reptiles, and most reptiles are naturally very vulnerable to cold weather due to being cold blooded.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ɑ Alpha ɒ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Most Dragon types are reptiles, and most reptiles are naturally very vulnerable to cold weather due to being cold blooded.
    well that makes sense, I thought that it was a Japanese myth that I didn't know about.

why do Fighting and bug do little damage to each other.

Indeed, I never got why Fighting is not-very-effective against Bug. o_o; If a punch from a professional fighter can smash steel, it should very well be able to squish a poor little bug. I suppose bugs in the Pokemon World are made of tougher stuff.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Or it could be a "Have you ever tried to punch a bug" thing. They're not very good targets, are they?

Blog Entries

Bug super effective on Dark... what? Where's the logic?

Blog Entries

Follow Hitomi on Tumblr

Same reason fighting's good against rock. (Speaking of which, why does fighting resist rock?)
    I always assumed it was because some martial artists can break rocks with what looks like no effort, so if someone threw a rock at them, they'd just "POW SHAZAM" punch it to pieces. Hence, strong against and resistant to rock.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by āruscio View Post
    I've herd this theory that bugs are so simple minded that they can't be corrupted by darkness

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by āruscio View Post
    Because bugs can interrupt a dirty trick.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast