2 5.56%
  • I dont care

1 2.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Truth or Ideals?

Blog Entries

Default Truth or Ideals?

Its well established that the G5 theme was Yin+Yang. There were many themes reflected by this (Masculinity/Femininity, Quantity/Quality, Black/White), but the primary underlying theme was that of Truth and Ideals (cross respectively to the other examples.) Which one do you side with?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Truth or Ideals?

I voted in favour of ideals. That doesnt mean that i am not in favour of truth - I just think that the truth can very often be unfortunate, unwanted. I think that maintaining an enthusiastic pursuit of ideals is the only way that things can change for the better. The only way to transform an unwanted truth into a wanted truth.
    Ange likes this.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I chose truth, because I befriended Reshiram before Zekrom.

Ideals, without a doubt. D8; Facing the truth is a hard thing for me, and there are things I'd rather not know; instead, I live inside my own ideals, pretending they're the only thing that exists.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Personally i would probably be aligned more with ideals then with truth.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ideals. The truth can be interesting, and I am a sucker for the sciences, but I live my life on what I believe.

Blog Entries

Ideals. Ideals are like...personal truths. They're more comprehensive. Sometimes the 'truth' just doesn't apply as well as it should.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I see myself as more of an idealist, wanting to help change things for the better.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Ideals are like drugs: harmless in moderation, even fun, but seductive. You can become deeply dependent on them, which makes it all the more difficult for yourself and others when they conflict with reality. That's why I will always choose truth over ideals, even if the truth is hard to hear; good medicine tastes bitter.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Truth.

Truth informs good Ideals. The other way round...not so much.
    Sapphire likes this.

Blog Entries

Truth. The world is full of lies and deceit, where ideals are taken advantage of. The truth can hurt, but at least that hurt lets us know we're alive.
    Green Zubat and Sapphire like this.

Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Initially, I easily sided with truth because I'm a believer in that truth in a world of deceit instills order. And yet most people live their lives by ideals which, like someone said before me, are like personal truths. If I really try to examine the world, it is run on ideals. Ideals of God, love, equality, a better tomorrow. Maybe truth would lead to a more successful world, but the world runs on ideals.

That being said, I think the answer lies in balance. As stated in the OP, most agree that the symbolism of Reshiram and Zekrom is that of the Yin and the Yang. Of which the main point is that one cannot exist without the other. Kyurem may be the Boundary Pokemon, but there truly is no boundary. Truth and ideal can be the same thing.
    Helioptile and Vubberth like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyScathach View Post
    Initially, I easily sided with truth because I'm a believer in that truth in a world of deceit instills order. And yet most people live their lives by ideals which, like someone said before me, are like personal truths. If I really try to examine the world, it is run on ideals. Ideals of God, love, equality, a better tomorrow. Maybe truth would lead to a more successful world, but the world runs on ideals.

That being said, I think the answer lies in balance. As stated in the OP, most agree that the symbolism of Reshiram and Zekrom is that of the Yin and the Yang. Of which the main point is that one cannot exist without the other. Kyurem may be the Boundary Pokemon, but there truly is no boundary. Truth and ideal can be the same thing.
    I agree completely. I side with truth first; the world is much less confusing in a web of lies that way. Of course, the balance is important. There can be truth, but a standstill; there can be ideals, but a mess of deceit that wavers the trust in human beings. Only when there are truthful, optimistic ideals, is when harmony is at work. ^^

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Both need to go hand in hand. The truth should be used to reinforce and boost ideals to change what is the truth, and ideals should reflect that what really is the truth, not cover the world with blindness and confusion.

Truth informs ideals, it makes ideals understand the situation so they aren't misguided and harmful.
    Ideals motivate truth, it makes it so the truth can be challenged so it isn't just accepted.

That was the whole point of Black and White. They need each other, to cooperate for a truly better world. Neither apathetic cynicism nor reckless idealism is a good thing!

Kyurem is the lack of truth or ideals. The boundary outside of those. Hence why it wants to be filled with either of them. At first I thought it was evil, but now after B2W2 I kinda feel sad for it.

The Original Dragon obviously was the balance and harmony. Representing the Taiji. Perhaps that the two are separate beings now serves to have them work in cooperation, strengthening this harmony... even though likewise, it's also frailer.
    Last edited by Infinity Mk-II; 1st February 2013 at 02:47 PM.
    Zweilous likes this.

[/overexposition]

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

I choose truth. So much of humanity has descended into chaos and depravity and ignorance because the lies of idealists who wanted to improve the world. It may not always be favourable to know the truth but I'd rather a painful truth than ignorant bliss.
    Green Zubat likes this.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast