Trubbish and Grimer are they connected?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Darksidehearts

Thread: Trubbish and Grimer are they connected?

Visit LetsPlays4Gamers's Youtube Channel

Lightbulb Trubbish and Grimer are they connected?

I got a trubbish today and I noticed that it states in its pokedex entry that it was made by pollution
    Now i know this sounds far fetched but listen...

Grimer was also made by polloution but it's just slime where as trubbish is a solid from.

I believe that trubbish would use gunk shot on the water in unova.
    It would get swooped by a current and brought to the sea's of kanto.
    It then used the polltion in kanto to create it self.

Basically what i'm saying is grimer is a sub-offspring of trubbish.

And since garborder is a bigger trubbish muk is a bigger grimer post your thoughts below

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trubbish and Grimer are they connected?

So Grimer somehow is the offspring of Trubbish caused by it using Gunkshot in the ocean, and currents taking it all the way from Unova to Kanto?

So the easier explanation that Grimer is formed from toxic sewage come to life isn't considered here?

There's nothing to suggest any of this in game, nor is there anything to suggest that Trubbish's Gunk Shot is alive.

They would be evolutionally related.

Blog Entries

Visit Darksidehearts's Youtube Channel

If I may insert my two cents into this for a moment, here is how I see it: Much like with Voltorb and Foongus, Grimer and Trubbish are creations formed from human influence in the Pokemon world.

In other words, while not being deliberately created genetically by humans such as Porygon's case, their forms are based on human interaction within the world.

Both Trubbish and Grimer are pollution based creations created in different locations, therefore they are not directly related, however the process of creation is related only in method.

I do feel that it might be plausible for different pollution based Poke'mon to be formed based on mutation or evolution as different resources can deliver different results but it seems somewhat unlikely that this would be a case of such.

Expanding on your theory, the amount of pollution based Poke'mon would be more vast than the current amount that we have at the moment. Especially traveling through lands via the ocean. Not to mention the ocean would have to be connected between the two locations by a geographical link in order for the pollution to spread correctly.

Further on that point, the creation of a Poke'mon being an offset of another is probable only by considering the method of it's origin. For example, Slowpoke's evolutions are based on it's interaction with Shellder according to the Poke'dex entries. In other words it could be possible for one Poke'mon to be created based on an-others interaction with the environment.

Disclaimer

Please keep in mind that this is only my personal opinion and that all information can be easily disputed by any outlet available and that any and all facts can be determined only by the original creators of the story.
    투 애니원 likes this.

Follow Jenni on Tumblr

Trubbish, Grimer, Koffing, and their evolutions, are basically all made of pollution. I don't see any evidence to show that the different evolutionary families are connected in any way, though. Trubbish represents pollution from garbage - solid material thrown away, somehow came to life. Grimer, is a "Sludge" style pokemon, representing liquid waste. Koffing represents air pollution - exhaust fumes and the like.

They each represent different types of pollution brought to life.
    Check out my LP channel, I do mostly roguelikes. https://www.youtube.com/rogueswonderland

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I doubt so. Both of them are from different Egg Groups, so they cannot be directly related. The only way they could be related is to have Yamask or Cofagrigus as a relative.

That's it for now.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Visit LetsPlays4Gamers's Youtube Channel

I did not say that my theory was true it was only an idea only some of you understand that if you have come here simply to judge the go away!

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    I doubt so. Both of them are from different Egg Groups, so they cannot be directly related. The only way they could be related is to have Yamask or Cofagrigus as a relative.

That's it for now.
    I'd say that it is a result of convergent evolution. Their ancestors weren't related, but since both fill the same ecological niche in their respective environments, they ended up developing similar traits.

It's the same thing as placental mammals and marsupials.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

No, I very much doubt it. They're made up of two different kinds of 'pollution'.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I think that rather than them being related, they are just based on similar concepts. Just like how even though Shroomish and Foongus are both based on mushrooms, this does not mean that Foongus are created from the spores of Shroomish.

Also, even if Grimer was created from the attack like Gunk Shot, why would it have to be just from Trubbish? Even Pokemon like Aipom learn Gunk Shot via move tutor.