Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Triple Types

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Triple Types

Quote Originally Posted by JordanN View Post
    Ghost/Dark/Poison (with levitate).

No mercy.
    Screw that, use Ghost/Dark/Steel with Levitate.

Even worse.

If they do implement this, though, I'd like to see the following changes in how STAB and type effectiveness works:

• For double-typed Pokémon, STAB is reduced to 1.25x. For triple-typed Pokémon, STAB is reduced to 1.16x.
    • For double-typed Pokémon, a 2x type effect is reduced to 1.75x. For triple-typed Pokémon, a 2x type effect is reduced to 1.6x.
    • For double-typed Pokémon, a 0.5x type effect is increased to 0.6x. For triple-typed Pokémon, a 0.5x type effect is increased to 0.7x.
    Last edited by Zekurom; 1st December 2010 at 06:32 PM.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

This is a bit like double-typed moves: interesting in concept, but overall just too damn complicated for its own good.

Blog Entries

I used to think about this alot. It would make things very complicated, but maybe for just ONE pokemon. It will be the ultimate pokemon! :D

O Arceus, this may bring us to double and triple moves now too.

GHOST/DARK/POISON WITH LEVITATE FTW!

Stay. Away. From. My. Cookie.

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No some pokemon would become extramly weak such as having a fire/flying/bug type and switching into stelth rock and some types would be extramly strong.

If we ever got something similar to a Lv. X in the game, then, yeah, I could see it.

But it doesn't seem likely right now.

As for ones that would be good candidates:

Although, how would types cancelling weaknesses go about? E.g. Pendra's Bug-type nullifies the Ground weakness it would normally have as a Poison-type. But if it was part, let's say, Rock-type (Poison/Bug/Rock) how would it work? Would the Bug typing cover the weakness of Ground totally, or just covering it partially so it's only 2x effective, not 4?
    yeah.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeX View Post
    Although, how would types cancelling weaknesses go about? E.g. Pendra's Bug-type nullifies the Ground weakness it would normally have as a Poison-type. But if it was part, let's say, Rock-type (Poison/Bug/Rock) how would it work? Would the Bug typing cover the weakness of Ground totally, or just covering it partially so it's only 2x effective, not 4?
    This is one of the reasons people don't want the change to happen.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

I don't think it's a good idea. It COULD happen, but it would be too complicated. I could see these happening, though:

I'm sure I could think of some more. I know I just gave all these examples, but I really hope this doesn't happen. It would get way too complicated.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

i think, the first element(TYPE, like water, fire, grass, etc...)
    and the second element, is the dominant in a pokemon

Registered User vuvuzela2010's Avatar Archives Junior

They would be nice for pokemon that lose a type like Masquerain & Drapion (but not Onix for obvious reasons), or do not get given a specific type for whatever reason, like Lugia, Desukaan, Flygon, Zuruggu, but they would likely end up being overused, like what happened to the Dragon-type in Gen III. I would be for it if they kept it rare like the Ghost & Dragon types in Gen I & II.

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Why does Ghost/Dark/Poison+Levitate keep coming up? Aside from Poison STAB, poison immunity, and Grass/Bug resistances, it's not really much better than Ghost/Dark+Levitate. (Water/Flying/Steel w/ Motor Drive, etc: there are much more inventive type/ability combinations that could be brought up, for the sake of annoyance.)

Dual-type attacks could work, for the record, if they're functioned to work with dual calculations. For instance, Thunderpunch (just an example) could be 55 BP Fighting / 25 BP Electric. An Electric pokemon would get STAB on the 25 BP portion. A Ground pokemon would be immune to the Electric portion, and a Ghost pokemon immune to the Fighting portion.

Swampert, using a Mud/Ground Muddy Water attack, would ultimately be using an attack of the same Base Power then.

The rare triple type could be a workable thing. People here are just throwing types and abilities together, not with general ideas of actual pokemon in mind, but rather with ideas of complications. (I.e., pokemon as immune as possible to all types, or as weak as possible to another.) That wouldn't be the mindset with which a pokemon would generally be created.

But anyway, the only current pokemon who'd I'd (possibly) expand (off the top of my head) to 3 types is Lucario, to Psychic/Fighting/Steel. It gains little from the typing change. If triple typings were introduced slowly(with little to no acceleration), it would be tolerable.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123