Today's Pokemon Related Conspiracy Theory - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today's Pokemon Related Conspiracy Theory

Default Re: Today's Pokemon Related Conspiracy Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Igzz View Post
    If I remember well if a Houndoom's flame burns you,the pain will never go away.
    Woaw, i'd never heard of that before :S

I don't think it's Pokerus, but, being my curious self, I would like to know what happened to Alder's Pokemon, but then I'm the type of guy who'd like to see backstories for every single character in the whole damn game.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jennasect View Post
    At least, not until you consider trading! If Pokerus indeed killed Pokemon by making them sick, I would be an internationally-wanted bioterrorist after spreading the virus through trades.
    Well, in-universe its very rare, and loses its ability to spread very quickly, and as players of the game, we strive to keep the virus alive, but realistically, would probably die off very quickly

And I guess here's the final nail in the coffin for this conspiracy.

-The virus spreads from wild Pokemon to your Pokemon through battle
    -Your Pokemon has a very high chance of spreading it amongst your team.

Now, if the virus was lethal, Alder would not have had one, but all his Pokemon die from it. Perhaps it was Pokerus, and Taio may be onto a very plausible explanation that individual differences between and within different species may have caused Alder's Pokemon to die from it. However, if that were the case, then it would likely have been an isolated incident. It's almost like causing mass-panic in a safe neighborhood about walking out in the streets due to a person tripping and cracking their skull open.

In short, an isolated incident is not a mass cover up.

certified badass

when i got my emerald version the very first time i went into the pokemon center my new mudkip got pokerus. the next time i turned on my gba my game was corrupted and i had to restart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokepimp View Post
    when i got my emerald version the very first time i went into the pokemon center my new mudkip got pokerus. the next time i turned on my gba my game was corrupted and i had to restart
    And......?

As for the theory, it makes some sense, but I don't see how it can be both good and fatal to a PKMN. It's one way or the other, unless there's a real-world disease that's beneficial and lethal at the same time.

Banner made by Blazaking EX, avatar by Thanatos. Thanks, guys.

Blog Entries

Oh my God! You revealed the truth! That's why some of my pokemon disappeared! And I thought I lost them in boxes.

The Japanese Popstars! Caterham's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope not.I've gave my best pokemon Pokerus

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Well, every species will cure themselves of the virus rather quickly, so it may be that pokémon have developped a resistence to it, but what about older pokémon who did not have this resistence, how long ago did Alder start his journey? We'll never know, but perhaps at the time, pokémon had less defense against the infection...

Also, Pokérus seems to wear off even faster in the Unova-based games, which also happen to be the most recent games in the timeline, that could lead to some interesting conclusions...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12