Today's Pokemon Related Conspiracy Theory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Today's Pokemon Related Conspiracy Theory

Blog Entries

Exclamation Today's Pokemon Related Conspiracy Theory

TODAYS THEORY
    Is Pokerus... lethal?

In Pokemon White/Black, Ghetis says that the Champions Pokemon was killed by Illness. But exactely what illness was the Pokemon suffering from? There is only one known disease able to affect Pokemon: Pokerus. This parasitic virus seems harmless at first, but there may be more too it. Just think: Once a Pokemon is infected with this disease, it still is effected by it for the rest of its lifetime, long after it lacks contagiousness. But, in order for the Parasite to thrive in the Pokemon for that large elapse of time, the Parasite would need something in return to help it survive. But what? The Answer, of course, would be blood, vitamins, nutrition... basically, it leeches off the Pokemon's "Life Force".

But as for Proffesers and Nurse Joys, they would probabely know enough to find out this dark truth about Pokerus. But in muiltiple games, it is simply said that the Pokemon seems to grow better in terms of EV's. So, are they hiding something crucial in order to keep mass panic from arriving? Do they have darker reasons for keeping it hidden? Or am I just a paranoid idiot who takes Video Games too seriously? You decide!

Thus concludes today's Conspiracy Theory

Afternote
    The reason I posted this in the forum is because I cant find another forum more suitable for this thread. If a moderater has a better idea about the placement of this thread, please tell me, or move it to that forum. Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by AceTrainerChristy; 16th May 2011 at 06:22 PM.

Default Re: Today's Pokemon Related Conspiracy Theory

When the fuck is Giovanni in Black or White?

To be honest I just think Pokerus is what they say. None of my Pokemon have died from it.

Thanks to King of Jesus (Neodark) for the banner!

Link animated Avatar FTW! Shuckle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slythe View Post
    When the fuck is Giovanni in Black or White?

To be honest I just think Pokerus is what they say. None of my Pokemon have died from it.
    Giovanni was in Black and White. From the Anime. When he ordered Jessie, James, and Meowth to go on some mission. EDIT: Nevermind he mean't Ghetis. He put Giovanni before that.
    Last edited by Shuckle; 16th May 2011 at 06:34 PM.
    3DS Friend Code 1607 - 2458 - 9938

IGN: Jason

Shiny Value: 543

Friend Safari: Fire
    Growlithe, Slugma, and Ninetales.

Blog Entries

When the frick is Giovanni in Black or White?

I meant Ghetis. Sorry :P

And this is one of those Pokepastas that go deeper into the world of Pokemon then the games display...

... I should have posted this in the Fanfic Forum.
    Last edited by AceTrainerChristy; 16th May 2011 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerChristy View Post
    I meant Ghetis. Sorry :P

And this is one of those Pokepastas that go deeper into the world of Pokemon then the games display.
    I see you've censored my words :P

But what other proof is there that might say that it killed his Pokemon?

There's nothing wrong with looking deeper into what the game says up front, but if there's some parts of the game that could have a second meaning to support your theory would help.

Blog Entries

I see you've censored my words :P

But what other proof is there that might say that it killed his Pokemon?

There's nothing wrong with looking deeper into what the game says up front, but if there's some parts of the game that could have a second meaning to support your theory would help.
    Pretty much, things like this are made to try to keep their things vague but still believable, so that people obsessed with the game itself can investigate it themselves. Some are made so well that some people obsess over it.

These are bassically creepypastas designed to make people think :D

Well if you want to write a creepypasta then there is actually a creepypasta thread:
    Pokemon Creepypasta V.2 (Read First Post Before Posting)

Blog Entries

I think Pokerus is what they said it is. The only time I heard a story of someone's pokemon dieing was in a creepypasta.
    My GPX+
    My 3DS FC is 5412-9933-2792.
    DON'T
    like my posts. It just annoys me.

Rock of Ages! Zenax's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Zenax on Tumblr

Maybe Pokérus affects some Pokémon differently. The virus helps them grow stronger faster and in return, they get what they need to survive. Like Parasect and its symbiotic relation with the mushroom on its back. However, for the others, it has a catastrophic effect and they end up dying of the illness.

(Of course I know it's not like that, but that would go well with your theory.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taio View Post
    Maybe Pokérus affects some Pokémon differently. The virus helps them grow stronger faster and in return, they get what they need to survive. Like Parasect and its symbiotic relation with the mushroom on its back. However, for the others, it has a catastrophic effect and they end up dying of the illness.

(Of course I know it's not like that, but that would go well with your theory.)
    Hm. Interesting thought.

There are other lethal diseases mentioned connected to curses that are mentioned in Poxedex entries.If I remember well if a Houndoom's flame burns you,the pain will never go away.

Also attacks like curse or perish song act simmilar to diseases,hurting Pokemon as the time passes.

Blog Entries

Paralysis and poison, while status conditions, could be classified as an illness for Pokemon. We've seen that the intensity of poison status could be changed, it could very well be a more intense version Pokemon centres can't cure.

As for hiding something for mass panic? The Pokérus is hardly that widely spread in Pokemon for it to cause wide-spread panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    As for hiding something for mass panic? The Pokérus is hardly that widely spread in Pokemon for it to cause wide-spread panic.
    At least, not until you consider trading! If Pokerus indeed killed Pokemon by making them sick, I would be an internationally-wanted bioterrorist after spreading the virus through trades.
    --> Jenna

Quote Originally Posted by Igzz View Post
    There are other lethal diseases mentioned connected to curses that are mentioned in Poxedex entries.If I remember well if a Houndoom's flame burns you,the pain will never go away.

Also attacks like curse or perish song act simmilar to diseases,hurting Pokemon as the time passes.

I read that too. Damn, that's scary.

I wouldn't want to have a Houndoom if it accidentally burns me- less Suicune or Celebi is around to heal me lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Igzz View Post

NEVER-ENDING FIREY PAIN? WHOA. THAT IS APPROPRIATE. I SEE THAT IN EVERY CHILDRENS GAME.

Ace Trainer Christy
    Videos | Art | Games

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast