Things in pokemon that dont make sense
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 211

Thread: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

  1. #1

    Default Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    Discuss some of the logic twisting aspects of our beloved franchise.

    Trade evolutions are nonsense.What if the trainer never trades then what?
    Current X team:


    Badges:1

  2. #2

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    Discuss some of the logic twisting aspects of our beloved franchise.

    Trade evolutions are nonsense.What if the trainer never trades then what?
    Here Here. I agree completely. In both the game and the anime, no cense.

  3. #3
    Praise Bigley. Snugglefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Where I don't belong.
    Posts
    729
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    James's Weepinbell evolving in Cassidy and Butch's Daycare.
    James's second Weepinbell evolving.
    DNA splicers not usable on Blastoise and Venusaur or the Legendary Birds.
    4Kids not censoring out the Cider bottle Psyduck opens in a Christmas short.
    Charmander, Cyndaquil and Fennekin not evolving into a Fire/Fighting type.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    I've got a few.

    - Kangaskhan is just born with a baby in its pouch and has no pre-evo. Like... what?

    - Incenses. Why do you need an incense to get something's naturally younger form?

    - How they say their names in the anime. It just doesn't seem realistic, and doesn't make them feel like actual creatures. Just like... some kind of contrived form of cartoon, really. I'm sure they do it so the children can remember their names 'cause there's so many of them. In any case, it's not canon in my headcanon.

    - Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed for some reason. Why haven't they fixed that yet?

    - Genderless Legendaries that look like visible biological creatures. I think they should just have randomized genders like any other Pokemon. Heatran does it, after all. Why not the others?

    There are countless more, but I can't think of them at the moment. So if I think of any more, I'll post them.

  5. #5
    Praise Bigley. Snugglefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Where I don't belong.
    Posts
    729
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Arylett Dawnsborough View Post
    I've got a few.

    - Kangaskhan is just born with a baby in its pouch and has no pre-evo. Like... what?

    - Incenses. Why do you need an incense to get something's naturally younger form?
    What happens I think with Kangaskan is the baby turns into an egg and metamorphosizes into an adult like a caterpillar to butterfly (RL animals similar to Caterpie and Butterfree), the adult can produce a baby through asexual reproduction if she doesn't have one. The reason the baby only turns into an egg through breeding is because the baby's parents need to create the eggshell.

    Another similar theory of mine is that the baby only carries half the chromosomes of an adult Kangaskan (and anything in the same egggroup), the mother can produce these when she doesn't have one (like in my above theory) in a similar manner to male humans and animals in real life produce sperm, except one at a time. The father provides the other half of the chromosomes (again, in a similar manner to humans and animals) and the two halves become an egg (like a female mammal's egg and male mammal's sperm becoming a fetus) and the egg develops and hatches into the adult form just like any other non evolving Pokemon's egg.

    As for incenses, I think it's based on humans using incenses to set the mood for baby making. In the Pokemon's case however, not setting the right mood for baby making means they'll make an adult/adolescent instead.
    Imagine the pain for your Snorlax as she produces a full size Snorlax egg ><. Do your Pokemon a favor and make sure to remember Incenses everyone!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    Magically turning strange elemental creatures into energy that can go inside a ball capsule.

    10 year old kids getting sent on a journey into a region with a huge organized crime syndicate.

    Pokémon doesn't have to make sense. :P

  7. #7
    Bug-Man The Roach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Under the Fridge
    Posts
    750
    Blog Entries
    31

    Visit The Roach's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    Banette's Pokedex description. Somewhere in the Pokemon world, a doll company is making millions selling an infinite number of dolls that all look exactly the same; conveniently enough all of these dolls are discarded at some point in time and then they get mad.

    Don't get me wrong, I love Banette and the concept around it. It just doesn't make any sense when you really think about it. xD

    Also Nosepass. just... Nosepass. Nothing about this thing makes any sense.

    "The truth hurts so bad, wouldn't you say? So why tell it? If ignorance is bliss, then I'm in heaven now."

  8. #8
    Houndoomed Harmonica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    CT, USA/ON, Canada
    Posts
    183

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    Why Steel is weak to Fighting. I'm sure there is a reason for it, but it's something I don't know of. I'm pretty sure if I were to punch or kick a piece of steel, I'd severely hurt myself.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4012-4584-1628
    IGN: Beetle K-Lee
    Trainer Shiny Value: 3683
    Friend Safari: Grass- Quilladin, Sawsbuck, Sunkern

    .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .............

  9. #9

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    One of the biggest mysteries to me is how wild pokémon recover when they faint. We know that caught pokemon are ko'd when they faint and don't spontaneously recover, so how do wild pokemon do it?

    Another one for me is why pokeballs are so cheap but fresh water is so expensive. It's not even water that is specifically safe for human consumption, pokemon can presumably drink from any reasonably clean river so why can't you just take a canteen a fill it up?

    Why don't people die of poisoning when they hang out with Gastly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglefox View Post
    4Kids not censoring out the Cider bottle Psyduck opens in a Christmas short.
    Charmander, Cyndaquil and Fennekin not evolving into a Fire/Fighting type.
    Actually, I'm fairly certain that several cartoons I watched as a kid included drunk characters or featured characters drinking for comedic effect (also, drinking on special occasions, like characters popping champagne or fantastical equivalents of it). It's just cider, watching a pokémon drink it for comedic effect won't turn kids into alcoholics.

    Why should those starters be partially fighting? There's already a Fire/Fighting pokémon, it makes no sense to force all fire starters to be fire/fighting even when it would be awkward with their designs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    Trade evolutions are nonsense.What if the trainer never trades then what?
    I think that pokemon evolve whenever there are significant moments in their life, like due to time and experience or otherwise important events, and that in the game levels exist more out of convenience than anything. In real life, we grow and learn from our experiences. You don't magically get over your teenage mindset on the morning of your 18th birthday (and I know way too many people who are much older than 18 and still act and think like teenagers ), but it's easier to pick that date for legal purposes.

    So in the case of evolutions by trade, beyond it being an incentive to convince your friends to play with you, it could mean that being passed on to a new trainer is a significant event for that pokemon for whatever reason. It would be kind of cool if they tied it up with characteristics that pokemon has, like pokemon of a species that would be more dependent on humans or whatever ascribing more importance to being traded than less domesticated kind of pokemon, if this makes sense.

  10. #10
    Praise Bigley. Snugglefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Where I don't belong.
    Posts
    729
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    I was joking about the Fire/Fighting thing

  11. #11
    Pokemon Breeder Draguinite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    Gardevoir being either gender
    Hatching giant Pokemon from eggs. Like when you hatch a Snorlax or a Lapras.

  12. #12
    Parabolic Charge! Helioptile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Kalos Region!
    Posts
    465
    Blog Entries
    115

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    -You cannot punch Ghosts but licking and biting them (no innuendo intended) is an effective way of dealing with them. Also, digging a rock is more effective than digging a plant.

    -How Hippowdon is able to produce endless sand from its body.

    -How Iris gets around in that dress.

  13. #13
    Registered User SwifTer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Arylett Dawnsborough View Post
    I've got a few.
    - How they say their names in the anime. It just doesn't seem realistic, and doesn't make them feel like actual creatures. Just like... some kind of contrived form of cartoon, really. I'm sure they do it so the children can remember their names 'cause there's so many of them. In any case, it's not canon in my headcanon.
    Yup, I agree. I found it a lot better when the Pokemon made sounds instead of their name in Pokemon Origins.

    Another thing that doesn't make sense is when taking a Photo in Pokemon X and Y in the sea (I forget it's location) even though you aren't riding a Lapras in the photo you're on a Lapras.

  14. #14
    Praise Bigley. Snugglefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Where I don't belong.
    Posts
    729
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    Ash and Team Rocket being alive after so many electric shocks.

    Also, how does Team Rocket survive blasting off? Does Giovanni employ ninjas to roam around the Pokemon world and cushion his agents falls?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Things in pokemon that dont make sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Draguinite View Post
    Gardevoir being either gender
    Hatching giant Pokemon from eggs. Like when you hatch a Snorlax or a Lapras.
    Why not though? There are pokemon that have more gendered designs and they still come in both sexes.

    I assume large pokemon are born rather small and have large eggs anyway. We just don't see a size difference in the game because that wouldn't be practical.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helioptile View Post
    -How Hippowdon is able to produce endless sand from its body.
    My theory is that Hippowdon stores sand in his body and/or grinds rocks nearby to turn them into sand.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •