Theory: National Dex and Kanto

Thread: Theory: National Dex and Kanto

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Ferbgor On Twitter Add Ferbgor on Facebook

Default Theory: National Dex and Kanto

In the games, The National Pokedex numbers of pokemon are in the order that the pokemon were first discovered by the the people of Kanto. An Isshu Region pokemon, for example is near the end of the Pokedex because the Kantonese recently found out about them, but the people of Isshu (I mean Unova) have known them for possibly centuries. Another example is Marill. It is only a second Generation pokemon because the Kantonese first discoversd it in Johto, but Marill is rare in Johto, but extremely common in Hoenn. But it is considerd a "Johto" pokemon by people from Kanto and by extention you as the player.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Theory: National Dex and Kanto

What exactly is your theory?

WORK MAKES YOU FREE Shokktrooper's Avatar

Yeah, I agree with Outrage. I didn't quite understand that.

~Love Is Hard To Define~ Midnight Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think he is saying, why do the Kanto Pokémon come first in the National Dex even though Unova, and the rest of the regions have had their respective species for centuries, am I right? What makes the Pokémon of Kanto special to appear first in the National Dex order?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think he is saying, why do the Kanto Pokémon come first in the National Dex even though Unova, and the rest of the regions have had their respective species for centuries, am I right? What makes the Pokémon of Kanto special to appear first in the National Dex order?
    Yeah, so he's stating fact.

I don't see the theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    In the games, The National Pokedex numbers of pokemon are in the order that the pokemon were first discovered by the the people of Kanto.
    Not necessarily by the people of Kanto. If you take game text into account, Groudon, Kyogre & Rayquaza were discovered by Hoenn citizens, and they built the Embedded Tower off the cliffs near Cianwood to honour those Pokemon centuries ago.

A Unova Region pokemon, for example is near the end of the Pokedex because the Kantonese recently found out about them, but the people of Unova have known them for possibly centuries.
    Unova has its own Regional Dex, so foreign Pokemon are naturally excluded due to them not being present in Unova because of the region's geographical position in the Pokemon World.

Another example is Marill. It is only a second Generation pokemon because the Kantonese first discoversd it in Johto, but Marill is rare in Johto, but extremely common in Hoenn. But it is considerd a "Johto" pokemon by people from Kanto and by extention you as the player.
    I think this is because Marill was first introduced in Johto era.
    What I said above applies, I think. Johto may not have been the first to discover Marill, as Marill is in the R/S regional Pokedex as well. Just we got G/S/C before R/S/E.

It's mostly down to fan speculation.

Saying that I think the National PokeDex is completely reliant upon the order of the game releases as opposed to the dates of when different Pokemon species were discovered.
    If that was the case, I think the Fossil Pokemon such as Aerodactyl would have controversial placings as, being ancient Pokemon, do they come first in the Dex, or near the end, as they're somewhat recently discovered fossils?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dont see to much of a theory.

porbly because when they where making it gamefreak did not know how pouplar there games where going to be and did not know they would be making 5 gens of them.

Blog Entries

His theory is this, I believe: The National Pokedex order is determined by the order in which the citizens of Kanto became aware of the foreign species.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Doesn't it say, or at least strongly imply, that Professor Oak is the creator of the Pokédex? If so, the order of the National Pokédex could be explained as the order in which the regional Pokédexes were completed and added to the main database or something.

~Love Is Hard To Define~ Midnight Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Mew View Post
    His theory is this, I believe: The National Pokedex order is determined by the order in which the citizens of Kanto became aware of the foreign species.
    I think so too. But Oak was the creator of the Pokédex, but this may not be true in the anime anymore, but in the games yes, I think, not sure. So it may have been retconed.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

His theory is that the canon view of the world is the view of the Kantonese people.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The order is probably just for the benefit of the player.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Blog Entries

i think he's saying that the pokemon with high rate of quantity ( which like rattata) must have been first, i think it does make sense, because Tauros is a little bit common in Johto, but first discovered in Kanto..