THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form. - Page 5

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 199
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

  1. #61
    Illogical. Yabukuron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Isshu/Unova
    Posts
    2,101
    Blog Entries
    43

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    True, They are more useful that way.

    But they can't really be used for much else. Oh well.

  2. #62
    Ruler of dead Pokémon. Nekron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The nearest grave
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    Well, Mew can transform, so it should have sex machine capabilities still.

    As to the number of Dittos versus number of Mews, there must have been a ton of Mews at one point for them to turn into all the Pokémon that exist. At least one for each species, so around 500 at the bare minimum.


    And thank you for posting this, because it brings up another theory of mine: Smeargle are also closely related to Mew. They share similar move-learning capabilities. Mew is supposedly able to learn every single move, Smeargle actually can. So maybe while Ditto maintained the physical abilities of a Mew, Smeargle inherited the mental abilities (as related to learning ability). Just a thought.

  3. #63
    >GOOD GOOD SMILE Smugleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Isshu
    Posts
    374
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Tso View Post
    Ditto are the reasult of intense Mew inbreeding.
    Mew can't breed

  4. #64
    Now with capital letter Pseudonym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your screen
    Posts
    124

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    Well, Mew can transform, so it should have sex machine capabilities still.

    As to the number of Dittos versus number of Mews, there must have been a ton of Mews at one point for them to turn into all the Pokémon that exist. At least one for each species, so around 500 at the bare minimum.


    And thank you for posting this, because it brings up another theory of mine: Smeargle are also closely related to Mew. They share similar move-learning capabilities. Mew is supposedly able to learn every single move, Smeargle actually can. So maybe while Ditto maintained the physical abilities of a Mew, Smeargle inherited the mental abilities (as related to learning ability). Just a thought.
    This has a lot of sense, taking into account the DNA inherited from Mew gives them such abilities. Maybe it's not too much of changing shapes... that would still let Ditto have every single move without Transforming, like Mew does. Maybe Mew's abilities got split for some reason, and materialized into Smeargle and Ditto.
    The path of a pseudo-champion.

    SuBuWriMo total: 3588 words.

  5. #65
    For the Barian World Durbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The future of Synchros.
    Posts
    1,315
    Blog Entries
    46
    Follow Durbe On Twitter Add Durbe on Facebook

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    Well, Mew can transform, so it should have sex machine capabilities still.

    As to the number of Dittos versus number of Mews, there must have been a ton of Mews at one point for them to turn into all the Pokémon that exist. At least one for each species, so around 500 at the bare minimum.


    And thank you for posting this, because it brings up another theory of mine: Smeargle are also closely related to Mew. They share similar move-learning capabilities. Mew is supposedly able to learn every single move, Smeargle actually can. So maybe while Ditto maintained the physical abilities of a Mew, Smeargle inherited the mental abilities (as related to learning ability). Just a thought.
    I can see your point with the Smeargle. Therefore, it could work.
    FC: 2723-9571-7949 IGN: Toshiro

  6. #66
    Ruler of dead Pokémon. Nekron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The nearest grave
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    I'm not so clear on the actual transformation, though. With Mew-->Ditto, either Ditto is a Mew cloning byproduct or a devolution of some kind. This makes sense. But to divide into both Ditto and Smeargle doesn't make sense. It makes sense for Smeargle to be, say, the closest Pokémon to Mew in terms of abilities—but it doesn't really fit into the theory. Thanks for the positive responses though.

  7. #67
    ... -mic-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    Dittos are simply failed Mew clones that originate from the basement levels of the Cinnabar Mansion. That's why they have the ability to transform, ect. yet are still just mindless sex blobs. It wasn't until after countless failed attempts they they decided to tamper with Mew's DNA. And we all know how that turned out, hmm?

  8. #68
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    Quote Originally Posted by melting ice cubes View Post
    Dittos are simply failed Mew clones that originate from the basement levels of the Cinnabar Mansion. That's why they have the ability to transform, ect. yet are still just mindless sex blobs. It wasn't until after countless failed attempts they they decided to tamper with Mew's DNA. And we all know how that turned out, hmm?
    Except for the fact that Dittos exist outside in the wild outside of Cinnabar.

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    I have my own Mew theory, but I'll first make a comment on this thread. I think that instead of all ditto literally being mew that ditto are just a kind of change all pokemon can have. Below I describe how I think that Mew truly was the first pokemon, and how as all pokemon change Ditto came into being.

    I still prescribe to the theory that Mew is the actual first pokemon. Even if the other legendaries have powers over aspects of the universe, there is no reason to accept the mythology that Arceus was the first pokemon.

    It could also be said that mew is the "default" pokemon, or the perfect pokemon. Several theories could actually be connected with this one assumption. I'm of course not taking this all too seriously, so no need to bash on me.

    Essentially, Mew is the Embryo pokemon. The fetus. The first stage of life. It's status and justification as the first pokemon has long been upheld by this theory. When mew was around, it wasn't just a pokemon, it was THE pokemon. However, we can say that just as life adapts and creatures change, so did Mew. It became different creatures of pokemon (perhaps even humans as well) and because of this they share things such as typing and stats and movesets and breeding and all the other things that are staples of pokemon. If you want to assume that in the pokemon world humans came from mew, the first difference bust have been that of the split between human and pokemon, where some became creatures that don't fit into the pokemon category and continued on from there.
    We can say that the mew were suspect to greater forces outside that influenced them. I am touching upon the ability of Eevee to evolve differently during times of day, exposure to elemental evolution stones, and the areas in sinnoh. We could even guess that although it hasn't happened yet, there could be kinds of things that would come up to cause an eevee for the first time to evolve into something new! If eevee changes like that, why can't it have been like that for all the other pokemon?

    I would like to say that the first Mew were similar to this! For example, the egg that hatches Arceus could have simply been the first mew! Hold on for a second as I explain. The mew's connection with the creation of life allows it to create other new life forms as well, which are other mews! However, since it was born of the creation energy of the universe, it is changed and internalizes the abilities of the energy it is exposed to, making it what we call an Arceus. Likewise with the other pokemon, being manipulated by and bonding to the powers of time and space. The guardians are created from the first interaction with sentience.

    As the world shapes and changes around them, many of the mew adapt to the things around them that form and they attach themselves to these things, becoming their own types of pokemon. Some are so strongly bonded, or the things they are bonded to are so strong, that they cannot reproduce, which are what we call Legendary.
    Remember as well that there are pokemon like Ho-Oh that have created other pokemon as well, and that in the anime and movies Lugia and the Lati@s were able to reproduce. It took the lives of the actual victim pokemon to be brought back by Ho-Oh, and it seems both times a latios had to die before more were created.

    A mew has typically been found in isolated areas that have been untouched, meaning that these are the only conditions they do not change under. And if you look an how a Magneton evolves from location, or that the transfer energies cause haunter to evolve, or that a specific item in a trade will evolve, or that even being attached to a trainer causes it to evolve, or how Manaphy cannot breed the same of it's kind unless in the area of it's birth, you must admit that many conditions of a pokemon's evolution are caused by outside forces. Mew is the first pokemon, but reproduces before being affected to be a pure mew. Anything else becomes a ditto if they do not bond to something to influence them but are still affected somehow. It cannot develop like the fetus, and instead remains a cell.

  10. #70
    ... -mic-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Except for the fact that Dittos exist outside in the wild outside of Cinnabar.
    Because it's completely impossible for them to escape, right? They can take the form of any Pokemon they'd like. It would be easy shit to get off that island.

  11. #71
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smugleaf View Post
    Mew can't breed
    which is a result of all the inbreeding.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  12. #72
    Ruler of dead Pokémon. Nekron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The nearest grave
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    But that implies one of two situations, if Ditto are byproducts of the cloning:

    1) They are made with the original Mew DNA. This implies that Mews are genetically flawed, and can indeed devolve into Ditto naturally.

    2) They are the result of various attempts to tamper with the DNA before the success of Mewtwo. This suggests that the Transform ability does cause genetic devolution into Ditto, since all Ditto are the same. Mewtwo, having had Transformation removed from its genetic abilities, is the only stable alteration of Mew.

    Either way, if Ditto is a byproduct of Mew cloning, Transform creates genetic instability that turns the Pokémon into Ditto.

  13. #73
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    Quote Originally Posted by melting ice cubes View Post
    Because it's completely impossible for them to escape, right? They can take the form of any Pokemon they'd like. It would be easy shit to get off that island.
    Ditto can't transform into other Pokemon from memory, they've been classified as already existing Pokemon while Mew wasn't.

    Now, if they were manufactured, there'd be a limited supply of them, yet there isn't. In fact, there's an entire cave of Ditto in an underground passage in Emerald.

    Now, considering that this underground passage where you get the second fossil had been closed off for, quite possibly hundreds of thousands of years, how do you explain how a newly manufactured Ditto exist in the wild there, and in such large numbers?

    For all we know, Ditto were used to complete the missing pieces of Mew DNA that they might have found because of its ability to recombine, hence why those Ditto are found in the mansion in the first place.

  14. #74
    Ruler of dead Pokémon. Nekron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The nearest grave
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Ditto can't transform into other Pokemon from memory, they've been classified as already existing Pokemon while Mew wasn't.

    Now, if they were manufactured, there'd be a limited supply of them, yet there isn't. In fact, there's an entire cave of Ditto in an underground passage in Emerald.

    Now, considering that this underground passage where you get the second fossil had been closed off for, quite possibly hundreds of thousands of years, how do you explain how a newly manufactured Ditto exist in the wild there, and in such large numbers?

    For all we know, Ditto were used to complete the missing pieces of Mew DNA that they might have found because of its ability to recombine, hence why those Ditto are found in the mansion in the first place.
    Remember that Ditto can transform into anything, and despite the fact that they can't breed in the games, more of them must be created somehow. It would be easy for them to teleport/dig/ooze into this cave, and then turn it into the Secret Ditto Breeding Grounds.

  15. #75
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,172
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: THEORY: Ditto are Mew that have lost their form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    Remember that Ditto can transform into anything, and despite the fact that they can't breed in the games, more of them must be created somehow. It would be easy for them to teleport/dig/ooze into this cave, and then turn it into the Secret Ditto Breeding Grounds.
    Again, ignoring that Ditto can't transform from memory that well.

    And now, your just grasping at straws calling the underground as the secret Ditto breeding ground.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 8th January 2013, 04:39 PM
  2. 3rd October 2012, 10:08 AM
  3. 30th January 2012, 08:50 PM
  4. Pok
    Refback This thread
    19th December 2011, 06:13 PM
  5. 29th August 2011, 08:12 AM
  6. 29th June 2011, 11:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •