Theory: The Creation of the Glitches

Thread: Theory: The Creation of the Glitches

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Default Theory: The Creation of the Glitches

Alright, we all know the glitch Pokemon. Decamark, Missingno, Bad Egg, DPBox, 3TrainerPoke, 'M, .4, Q, A, etc. etc. etc. But there's one question about them that has never been answered:

How would they fit into the Pokemon world?

I have made an entire fanfiction answering that question. I'm not going to be posting it, but here's the general idea:

So, we know that Arceus was made from an egg amongst endless chaos, right? And we also know that Arceus created Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, and Mew.

However, if you woke up, and had the power to create anything, you would make mistakes before you got it right, am I correct? Well, that's what the glitches are. They were Arceus's first attempts at making Pokemon. However, he failed miserably, and thus made the monstrosities that we know as the glitches.

Arceus saw the glitches as dangerous due to their hatred of him, mainly because they were his "failures". So, Arceus banished them to a corner of the universe, one nearly unreachable, and one they would eventually corrupt. Arceus banished the glitches to what would become Glitch City.

The glitches wanted to extend their power, and more importantly, get rid of Arceus. So, once they reached the Pokemon world, being extremely powerful creatures, (if you could call them that) their very presence causes a fair amount of "glitches" to crop up in the world.

Comments, suggestions, questions?

Think of a place.............Keep thinking..........Have you thought of it? That's where I am.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Theory: The Creation of the Glitches

XD. Nice theory you have going on there. It's actually pretty cool! I've never thought of glitch pokemon like that before.

I love JERVIS!!!

Blog Entries

Interesting idea. Much better then mine, where Missingno. was a by-product of the Mewtwo Experiment, codenamed Project M whereupon three layed an egg and died, a result of their intended purpose of creating Prime M, which can be shortened in text to 'M. One escapes while the other two are killed and creates 3TrainerPoké, a name given since it takes three trainers to take it down, but not after Fuchsia City's destruction, the remains becoming referred to as Glitch City, since the Pokédex refers to the three as Glitch Pokémon after it's upgrade, but Fuchsia City is rebuilt quickly, along with the inclusion of a Zoo where most of the buildings once sat...

Ofcourse, that's the Travelsverse explanation =P

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I'm going to go with what is written here.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

I remember reading that.

Well, that was written back in the days before Generation 4, and this is the Generation 4 version.

We can't just say that the glitches were programming errors, can we? If the Pokemon world was real, including the glitches, we need to come up with an explanation for them, don't we?

Blog Entries

Any Glitches that can't exist without tampering with a Cheating device, I don't see as existing in the Pokemon world.

As for glitches like MissingNo. and 'Mblock which naturally occur without one, I believe that they are failed attempts at a cloned Mew.

MrC
    Blog Entries

Isn't it obvious that 'M and Missingno. are failed clones of Mew? Why else would they hang around Cinnabar? Well, until it erupted, anyway...
    Yep.

Blog Entries

I was also thinking that MissingNo. and M' weren't actually faied clones but might have been successful clones still in the process of being formed. When Mewtwo awakened and destroyed the lab, their bodies were destroyed but their superior psychic abilities preserved their existence turning them into the Eldritch abomination that they are.

'M was actually supposed to be stronger than Mewtwo while MissingNo. a stronger version of 'M. Mewtwo was the prototype, but he awakened first, and was already powerful and was able to destroy his brothers.

If the idea that Mewtwo is a prototype is to be believed, and 'M and MissingNo. have stronger psionic powers than it, it could explain how they created the glitch dimension. They were able to warp time and space to an extent and create a small unstable dimension for themselves much like how a Gardevoir is able to warp space and create a small Black hole.

The Glitch city was initially formed when Mewtwo first woke up and destroyed the Cinnabar Mansion. 'M and MissingNo.'s bodies were still not developed to allow themselves to escape, so their minds created a rip in time and space creating Glitch city to protect them. There they grew stronger over the years, but they could never take the form they were intended to have. All the dimension offered them was an ability to stabilize their forms. That's why when they level up in Red and Blue, they turn into already existing Pokemon, they could not hold their form in that world so they had to take a new one.

The Glitch City itself is strongly connected to Kanto, though the doorway to Glitch City is more difficult to enter, the exit is fairly easy to come by. It goes to reason that the skies of Glitch city is a portal itself back to Kanto as all you need to do is Fly to get out of there, and due to the two being so closely connected, one is able to merely teleport out. However the doorway leading to Glitch City is a bit more complicated to pass. Think of it like a chemical reaction, where the reactions progress in the direction that yields a more stable product. The real world is more stable, so trying to go from Glitch City to Kanto takes very little effort, while Glitch City, being unstable is much more difficult to get to.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 16th May 2010 at 03:41 PM.

Gen. V Female Sprite! :) GGDeimos's Avatar
    Sunnyshore City on weekdays, Goldenrod City on weekends

Whoa, that's a really cool theory. Do you have the link to your FanFiction story? I'd like to know more.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."
    -Karen, Johto's Elite Four

Blog Entries

I haven't posted it yet, nor do I really intend to. It's not my best...

Blog Entries

So I have my own theories on Hybrid Glitches. As mentioned, I only consider the ones that can be obtained without cheating devices.

As the majority of these Glitch Pokemon are somehow associated with the Mew Glitch but are hybrid species with existing Pokemon, these Pokemon may have been the earlier attempts at cloning other Pokemon that had become unsuccessful failures.

Though those Pokemon had actually died, they were revived through the powers of MissingNo. and 'M, which is what makes them take on their distorted forms. Why they were revived is unclear, whether it is due to their feeling sympathy towards these discarded Pokemon or due to the feeling loneliness that 'M and MissingNo. were the last of their kind and they had revived these hybrid glitches to occupy their world, or it may have just been an accidental byproduct of their initial creation of Glitch City and had just accidentally absorbed them into it, causing the hybrid Pokemon to take on their glitched forms.

The Celebi Egg Trick occurs as the result of two glitch Pokemon breeding. Due to MissingNo. and 'M's roots in Mew, and their subsequent glitch brothers being rooted from their powers, the eggs produced has a very good chance in stabilizing into real world Pokemon, though, those that don't become ?????.