Tentacool and Tentacruel

Thread: Tentacool and Tentacruel

Blog Entries

Default Tentacool and Tentacruel

Inspired by the Bronzor/Bronzong thread, I'm just curious what people think about this species. What do you like or not like, how useful has it been to you, anything really!

Personally, I like to imagine Tentacool as having a sort of neat non-canon ability related to the red orbs on their head. I think they absorb sunlight into them during the day and then glow red at night, so you can look off the shore and see big colonies of glowing red orbs in the ocean. The ability also helps the pokemon to explore dark caves at the bottom of the ocean that others cannot see in.

I also think that because of this, they are the only aquatic species that Kyogre will not attack and kill for food, because he sees their red light as a tribute to himself (who also glows red).

Default Re: Tentacool and Tentacruel

Tentacool is one of the most annoying Pokemon. It is the only Pokemon in many water routes except in the Unova reigon. However Tentacruel is very useful on Rain teams in the OU. Overall Tentacol and Tentacruel are not my favorite Pokemon in battle, but I respect them.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

Tentacool:They're the Zubat of the sea...
    I also think that because of this, they are the only aquatic species that Kyogre will not attack and kill for food, because he sees their red light as a tribute to himself (who also glows red).
    This makes some sense to why there's just SO DAMN MANY OF THEM.*empties can of Max repel from spraying on self* LOWER THEIR POPULATION KYOGRE!LOWER IT!

Tentacruel: The Pokedex says that it wraps around prey with 50 tentacles or something, but it looks to me that there aren't any more than 15 tentacles there. do the extra tentacles come out of nowhere...? Whatever, it's a cool 'mon.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

They are ok. I dont find them terribly interesting( I find Jellicent and Frillish more interesting than Tentacool/Tentacruel. They are kind of annoying like Zubat in which they appear in many water routes. My first shiny was a Tentacool so I guess thats something( I dont have it anymore cause it's on Silver) and they dont seem all that strong, just average, but they are alright Pokemon, definately not the worst.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I've always liked Tentacool/Tentacruel. Sure they're annoying to the point where you feel like giving yourself a lobotomy with a power drill every time you have to cross a body of water. But that's why you catch one, and turn its supreme powers of annoyance against the enemy.

Water/Poison is a great typing and Tentacruel is an amazing support player competitively, and an excellent choice for in-game play-throughs as well. 100 base speed is amazing for a defensive Pokemon, and really helps you get those Toxic Spikes down or pull off that crucial Rapid Spin.

If you haven't used one before, give it a chance. They don't call it the Gangster of the sea for nothin'.