Team Rocket Headquarters Layout

Thread: Team Rocket Headquarters Layout

Blog Entries

Default Team Rocket Headquarters Layout

OK, this seemed like the most reasonable place to post this, considering it had to do with architecture.

In a lot of Team Rocket fanfiction I read, it seems like everyone writes in Team Rocket Headquarters as having a pseudo-hotel-type quality. There are always rooms for members and sorts of things where they hang out and do whatever. Does anyone else just picture it as a sort of business building?

I think they've got Giovanni's office, offices for elite members, labs, and research / information libraries, and that's pretty much it. It reminds me of a science building in a college. The training facilities are different, they have quarters for recruits, but other than that, the people on Team just have to find the random cabins to stay in.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It seems to me, at least in the first movie, the Red Gyarados arc, the Lugia arc, and the Raikou special, that major scientific projects are done away from a base, in a setup of their own.

Blog Entries

I always figured that the HQ would have quarters for the Rockets to stay in. Where else would they stay? What if their landlord ran a background check on them? If they stay at headquarters, it's safe, and it's convenient because they're always right there in case they are needed.

I think there are probably labs at the HQ in addition to the independent labs we see set up in various places. The independent labs are probably just for convenience...how annoying would it be for Nanba or Sebastian or someone to have to go back and forth between the main base and the location where their experiment was taking place?

Hopefully there are labs at the main base, where maybe they have records or back up copies and documents of their studies, anyways...Fuji's lab, Nanba's underwater base, and Sebastian's base w/ the Evolution Inducement wave were all destroyed. >.>;;

Blog Entries

There had to have been more experiments going on at the underground base from LoT.

And the underwater lab seemed to be temporary, set up just for the Lugia experiments. Remember in Mewtwo Returns, they were setting up a base fairly quickly.

Blog Entries

Yes. And in the Red Gyarados Arc, I think that base was temporary, too. Remember, Sebastian and Tyson had planned to take Gyarados somewhere else analyze it. They could have even been taking it to the lab that we saw in LoT. Also, Tyson told J,J,&M that once the examination of Gyarados was complete, he would be back to collect the equipment...so that leads me to believe this was also a temporary set up.

Anyways, I think the main base would have to have a laboratory in it...you know, close to Giovanni so that he'll always be right there, and he can see what's going on first hand any time he wants.

Blog Entries

What we saw in the first movie, the setting where Giovanni was keeping Mewtwo when he came in and gave the "To serve your master" line, that may have been a lab, or at least a subset of a lab.

Blog Entries

I've always pictured Team Rocket's main base of operations ot be in the civil defense tunnels of Celadon City. I highly doubt they would have a building with giant red "R" painted on the front. Just like it's members would not go everywhere wearing their uniforms unless it served a purpose.

I feel like Poomo tonight.

Blog Entries

Given that there's apparently a lot of copycats out there, I don't think the police really notice a red R on someone's outfit.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

I doubt a "real" Team Rocket would be wearing telltale uniforms all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries

Which is how J&J get away with it.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

That, or it's just an anime convention that you give characters easily recognizeable looks, even if they'd never get away with it in anything approaching reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries

That is true. Though I think Jessie's comet of hair due would be a dead give away even without the uniforms.

I feel like Poomo tonight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    That is true. Though I think Jessie's comet of hair due would be a dead give away even without the uniforms.
    But you gotta remember, she has her hair like that all the time, and Ash-tachi don't recognize it, and neither do the Jennies. They're fairly incompetent cops, as are pretty much all legal systems, I think... Remember when the Jenny had a pic of Butch and Cassidy instead, but yet failed to realize J&J were also in TR? I think J&J, back when they used their brains, not only figured out that the white uniforms were stylish (^_^), but that the police wouldn't question them as real members. At least, there's a possiblity they figured it out... eventually...

As for labs, I think that Team Rocket's main concern is mobility, and everything and everyone should be able to pick up and move at a moment's notice, to avoid getting caught. This explains all the random cabins, multiple modes of transportation, etc. The labs that Nanba, Sebastian, etc, set up seem like they go with this same type of thinking. I think they do have backups of everything at the main building, and a major lab there, but there are a lot of portable supplies as well.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.