Team Rocket Forever?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Rocket Forever?

Default Team Rocket Forever?

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are about team rocket and what's going to happen to pokemon's most notorious band of criminals. I just keep thinking about that random foreign rocket grunt you find in cerulean city.

I personally think they're going to reappear in Gen V and those games will be the sister games to black and white.

Anyways post your thoughts!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Team Rocket Forever?

Mr. ForeignTR is living happily with his family in his native region of Unova. He got married, had a child and gave up his ambitions.

In all likeliness Giovanni is dead or at least lost all hope of ever reuniting his team. His highest ranking officers gave up on the team as well. Judging from the dialogue in Goldenrod in HgSs, they didn't even have enough of the original Rocket grunts to do a proper full-scale invasion and relied on new recruits that undoubtedly were only in it to "look badass" and not for the same reasons Giovanni or his executives were.

Team Rocket is dead, deal with it.

I honestly don't know why anyone gives that foreign Rocket grunt much of a thought. He wasn't particularly powerful, and was so low on the ladder that no one informed him that Team Rocket broke up. I mean, he's so low he wasn't even there during the Goldenrod Invasion which was supposed to usher in Giovanni's return. It says something when a team that's low on recruits wouldn't even have him there.

And in the end (i.e. Unova), it becomes clear that like many of the other grunts who join TR, he did it to feel like he had a purpose in life. As soon as he found a real purpose, he gave up on all that silly nonsense.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 16th January 2011 at 01:31 AM.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TR will never return in any of the games.

HGSS even gave more proper resolution to the story with Giovanni's final appearance.

Studying Greek Mythology. KronosClownz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it will go on for a while.
    Mail me with new myth requests!... Credit to Fang for making this awesome banner

Eating too much chicken's bad, it gives you dandruff

Blog Entries

In the anime, they'll probably be around for quite a while.

I think they're done in the games, though. Quite honestly, TR in Johto were pathetic.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

But they did go out with a bang... or a splash.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Offline for a while HexagonStephen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think Team Rocket is pretty much dead. For now anyway. As we've seen from the HGSS Celebi Event, Giovanni went somewhere after the Kanto games, possibly doing some research. I think that, in a few years, Silver may even take over Rocket. Or start his own team since he thinks the Rockets are weak.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I disagree.

TR is most likely dead. Giovanni is most likely dead. Proton, Petrel, Arianna, and Archer have all separated and even a few years later, the lowliest of grunts are living ordinary lives.

As for Silver, he hates TR and what they stand for and I see no reason for him to turn to crime after all his character development.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lugion View Post
    In the anime, they'll probably be around for quite a while
    On the contrary, Best Wishes could also turn out to be Team Rocket's final saga of the anime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HexagonStephen View Post
    I think Team Rocket is pretty much dead. For now anyway. As we've seen from the HGSS Celebi Event, Giovanni went somewhere after the Kanto games, possibly doing some research.
    We were told where he was going at the end of RBY/FrLg, that was going to train. They emphasized that point during the event. You cited the Giovanni event, its amazing that you completely ignore the part where all his hopes for reviving his team were crushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by HexagonStephen View Post
    I think that, in a few years, Silver may even take over Rocket. Or start his own team since he thinks the Rockets are weak.
    You know, if you completely ignore everything about Silver after the Johto portion of his plot. Or even if you ignore his character development, ignore the reason he hated his father as well as Team Rocket. In the end, he vowed to become stronger on his own, so really, no scenario has him forming an evil team unless Game Freak want to throw everything aside.

Blog Entries

I wish they would make a return. They were always my favorite villains but they probably will not make a return due to everything we see in HGSS

Retired RNGer. May pick up again in the future.
    What

Team Rocket reappearing again is another reason why GSC/HGSS are the weakest games in my eyes. They took an evil team that made you very angry in RBY, and turned into a complete joke. As Outrage says, Team Rocket is dead, and any return would ruin Giovanni's suicide in HGSS. The foreign TR guy was just speaking out of rage of being defeated and making random threats to try and appear menacing.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Red View Post
    Team Rocket reappearing again is another reason why GSC/HGSS are the weakest games in my eyes. They took an evil team that made you very angry in RBY, and turned into a complete joke. As Outrage says, Team Rocket is dead, and any return would ruin Giovanni's suicide in HGSS. The foreign TR guy was just speaking out of rage of being defeated and making random threats to try and appear menacing.
    Wait, when did Giovanni commit suicide? I'm positive that wasn't mentioned in the Celebi event.

But anyways, Team Rocket is not going to reappear. That one grunt with a family in Unova was just an Easter egg really. I guess there is a possibility that some Team Rocket event will become available in the sister game as a special event, although this is unlikely.

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefannn View Post
    Wait, when did Giovanni commit suicide? I'm positive that wasn't mentioned in the Celebi event.
    He just leaves and some sort of sound effect is heard. It could either be the radio fizzling out or Giovanni jumped into the falls, but it's pretty ambiguous.

Most people believe that he commited suicide because that outcome sounds alot more dramatic.

Anyway, Team Rocket was fine in it's prime but it's fizzled out and is probably a distant memory. Newer villains with different goals have taken their place.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Red View Post
    I don't know, in terms of bad guys Neo-TR at least knew what they were doing compared to Team Aqua and Magma, though they made the assumption that Giovanni was somewhere that would either hear their radio broadcast before they were taken down or would hear people talking about. They just got lucky he had a radio.

I don't see how they were any worse. Their encounters in the sequel was pretty much the same. Mt. Moon and Slowpoke Well was just petty crime to introduce us to them. Celedon Game Corner and Mahogany hideout showed us that they weren't just petty thieves. The last encounter at Saffron and Goldenrod were both full-scale invasions that seemed disproportionate to what they were trying to achieve.

They seemed just as competent without him, and the fact that they couldn't see that is what was really sad.

But yeah, Team Rocket is dead, and Game Freak went out of their way to hammer that point home by tying up any lose ends that can result in their revival. The only way I can see them return is if Pokemon lasts long enough that an ascended fanboy actually gets a job at Game Freak and somehow makes it at the top of the food chain and gets to call the shots. Otherwise, there would be no logical explanation for their return.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 18th January 2011 at 10:44 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast