Something odd i've noticed

Thread: Something odd i've noticed

追放されたバカ

Question Something odd i've noticed

I don't know if it's fact that pokemon is based in japan but most humans in the series seem to be a little shorter for example Cynthia's Garchomp is 6'3 yet towers over her and Arceus who towers over the human in the anime isn't really that large compared to an ace trainer in PBR also this image shows me that Kyurem who stands at 11 ft isn't really that massive black_white_kyurem.jpeg

Default Re: Something odd i've noticed

Well, you have to take perspective and artistic license into consideration. Sometimes they may exaggerate the size so that it looks more menacing or threatening.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Artistic matters are one thing, and I guess you can also say it's because pokemon IS based in japan. When Lt. Surge appeared, he really towered over Ash and the crew in height not just because he was an adult, but also because he was an American. So while Cynthia may look tall in the show's standards, she could actually be around 5'8 at the most or something, which is pretty tall for an average japanese woman

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

The problem here is that everyone here suffers from the same disease that KH's cast suffers from- Electronic Game Stunted Growth Syndrome (EGSGS). This disease is caused by a lack of normal, healthy activities when growing up, and as a result only doing one or two activities such as racing, sword fighting, or training, results in 5' 3" characters aged 18.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Pokemon are big, pokemon are small.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Size discrepancies have always been around in Pokemon and a lot of other shows. Charizard is only 5'7" in the games, but it towers over any person in the anime. And most of the smaller Pokemon are shown to be around the same size in the anime (Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Squirtle, Charmander, Elekid) when they vary in size a lot in the games.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

also with Nidoking. he's real big in the anime,while in the games,he's less than 5ft tall

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012