So I have a debate to start.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I have a debate to start.

Simpler times ahead
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default So I have a debate to start.

And its about the whole Crys Kotone affair. In the games we get no confirmation if its a new character or the ol Krys. In the anime they are two separate entities. In the Manga though Krys just gets her clothes. What's the reason for all this confusion, and why can't we get a straight answer?(and if you want to know Coronis has the pic on serebiiforums. It seems the pigtails stay straight and edgy instead of curvy)
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: So I have a debate to start.

I think it's pretty obvious it's a new girl. ._. Japan needs to fill their loli lust, plus there was no girl character in GS.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Red View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious it's a new girl. ._. Japan needs to fill their loli lust, plus there was no girl character in GS.
    I agree. Kris and Lyra are 2 completely different people.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, the manga seems the only one that makes them the same people, and that's so that Kris doesn't end up getting written out.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Well, the manga seems the only one that makes them the same people, and that's so that Kris doesn't end up getting written out.
    And the games never confirm it one way or another. So what do we have to go on?

Anime=two different people

Manga=same person

Games=unconfirmed

In short, none of the main sources coincide with each other, so we still don't know.

I'm gonna go ahead and say what I've always said, if Ethan's a new character, so is Lyra. If Gold and Ethan are one and the same, Kris and Lyra are one and the same
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm going by the games for this one. Ethan and Gold are clearly meant to be the same person when set as the player character.

Lyra and Kris are meant to be the same person when set as the player character

Which actually leaves us with Four characters. Ethan, Lyra, and Gold/Kris. Gold, Ethan, Lyra, and Kris fill the same roll (when the player character). But in HGSS, Ethan and Lyra fill the same role (when not the player character).

So... They are and aren't the same character.

Which makes it hard to get a definite answer. The anime can get away with it since Marina is established as a different character who looks nothing like Lyra. The manga can get away with it since Kris already has a character and has enough similarities to Lyra to just throw on her cloths and fix her hair (Admittedly, Blue did a lot of the same)

I'm just going to say that Kris and Lyra are like Blue and Leaf. They are the same character.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Theory on the animé thing deal: In the animé they are seperate entities as there are no contests in HGSS, yet Marina is a Top Coordinator. That makes a ton of sense for her to promote the games when you can't actually do what she does ingame. Hence a new character was made, who coincidentally doesn't know the slightest thing about contests. That matches ingame. So I think the animé did this to not give off the wrong impression during the promotion.

So yes, I think that Kris and Lyra are the same person.

Post Thanks / Like

Um, they are clearly different. Kris was the Crystal girl, there was not a girl character in GS, but there was in HGSS because they invented her. They are in no way the same, Ok they both have pig tails I will give you that, but they are nothing alike.

Registered User scrambled_togepi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If ethan and gold are the same character then so is kris and lyra.

It's not like this is the first time they changed the outfit, hair color, and style the character was drawn in.

see red:
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Red_(game)

It's just that changing the style from the very angular gen 2 style to the rounded gen four style makes a bigger impact on her hair then red's; and it's not like there haven't been pictures of a brown haired kris in the manga.

It is weird that they changed the names though.

at the very least Lyra was based off of Kris.

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'll say they're the same, but I really don't know because there's no proof.
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

they're two different characters. Kris never was a supporting character in Crystal either, so why would Lyra be her?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's Kris in the game, not Crys or Krys.

I just find it ridiculous when people say Kris and Lyra are different characters yet cling to the idea that the Rocket Executives are the same guys. Proton and Petrel definitely stand out as completely new additions even if there were originally those other two executives we never really remembered in the original games due to their generic sprite and generic TR team.

Honestly, Red was also heavily redesigned, and I don't understand why people deny that. I didn't even recognize Red when I first saw his FrLg artwork out of context. The only thing similar is the colour scheme, and really, Gold had the same colour scheme as Red as well.

I find it even more ironic that some people think characters like Ice and Blue must be related because they both have spiky hair. The shape and colour of their hair is as similar as Lyra and Kris, yet the later two serve the same role and are apparently different characters.

Honestly, I don't give a shit. It's just Kris redesigned, and there are obvious similarities in their weird hair styles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    they're two different characters. Kris never was a supporting character in Crystal either, so why would Lyra be her?
    Why do people insist that Leaf and Red coexist eventhough they were never shown to in the originals or the remakes? Why do they insist it despite the fact that the redesigned Red is just Leaf with her hair short? Why do they say that when they are clearly designed to actually be male and female counterparts of each other and not separate entities?

Oh yeah, because Pokemon Special has their incarnations as separate characters.

And what happens when you play as the female character and Ethan is the supporting character? Gold wasn't the supporting character in the game either, so they must not be each other then. Lyra fills the role of Kris as the female player character.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 27th April 2010 at 01:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

EVERYBODY IS EVERYBODY.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah man, they're the same characters even though they look nothing alike.

Seriously, I don't see how hairstyle suddenly makes them the same person.
    Ethan, Silver, Red and Blue are still easily recognisable from their original designs. Lyra's got the hairstyle, and..>That's it. The hair color is also completely different.

Lyra =/= Kris
    Goddamn look at that Wargle in your avatar, all, "FUCK YOU I'M AMERICA! I EMBODY THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WITHIN MY FURY! I AM BOTH BIRD AND CONCEPT!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

On the Proton/Petrel bit (it does somewhat connect) personality wise and name wise they were nonexistent in the originals. However, they have taken up those old roles and for that reason I consider them the same characters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast