Sign my petition to help ban OU and Pseudo Legendary Pokemon!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cerberuswaltz
  • 1 Post By LadyScathach
  • 1 Post By Winterdaze

Thread: Sign my petition to help ban OU and Pseudo Legendary Pokemon!

My Shinx knows Outrage :P CraZy ShinX's Avatar
    Add CraZy ShinX on Facebook
    Visit CraZy ShinX's Youtube Channel

Default Sign my petition to help ban OU and Pseudo Legendary Pokemon!

hey guyz. if ur like me, u probably are getting tired of random matchup due to the amount of people using pokemon like tyranitar, politoed, terrakion, rotom, and many all the time in battles. dont u hate having to fight the same pokemon every battle? well, i started an online petition to BAN these pokemon. Pokemon are supposed to be unique, as Prof. Oak once said "you have to raise your pokemon with love, compassion, and friendship, Blue." using the same natures and attacks and strategies get annoying. sign this petition: Petition The banning of Pseudo-legendary Pokemon and other commonly used OU tier Pokemon to BAN the following pokemon:

Tyranitar, Hydeigon, Politoed, Terrakion, Scizor, Thundurus, Hitmontop, Zapdos, Landorus, Tornadus, Rotom-W, Excadrill, Latios, Cresselia, Volcarona, Heatran, Ludicolo, Salamence, Metagross, Hippowdown, Ninetails, and Weavile. (potentially more to come)

Petition The banning of Pseudo-legendary Pokemon and other commonly used OU tier Pokemon
    Claimed the Expert Belt as of 1/8/13!

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Sign my petition to help ban OU and Pseudo Legendary Pokemon!

Count me the hell out. You sound like a bitter kid who loses against them all the time. I'm not wasting my time with your pathetic petition and I'm sure that many competitive battlers will agree!
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries
    Follow Cerberuswaltz On Twitter
    Follow Cerberuswaltz on Tumblr Visit Cerberuswaltz's Youtube Channel

While I admire your efforts, I must disagree- These Pokemon are still normal (most) and all have many weaknesses. I may not agree with them being used all the time (except Excadrill ... however, I just use him because he is adorable, I had no idea he is OPed) but if that is a trainer's choice, then that is.

I think there is a group here just for fun battles and such, but until then, people should be allowed to use whichever Pokemon they want, whether is shows their originality or not. That's the fun of a game :)
    Berrenta likes this.

Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I fail to see the point in doing this. Even with the banning of what you deem overused and pseudo-legendary (Dragonite is a pseudo-legend by definition and you're missing some common VGC OU's like Kingdra, Whimsicott, Krookodile, and Gastrodon), even in the VGC metagame, you understand that a decent amount of casual favorites still won't be viable? And Random Matchup. It's an optional part of the game; if you don't like it, don't play it. That's what I do, anyways.
    Berrenta likes this.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

What is the point of this? Who exactly are you petitioning to? I doubt anyone has the power to actually implement such a change, or would be willing to do so if they did.

People are entitled to use the best Pokemon available if that's what they want to do. I sure as hell don't like facing the same Pokemon all the time either, but that's why I don't play Random matchup. If it were up to me, I'd implement a tier system built into Random matchup, but since those are fan-made the chances of that happening are non-existent.

If you want to play without OU Pokemon, go on Smogon and find opponents for UU, RU or NU Wifi battles or tournaments. Or you can input your team into Pokemon Showdown and battle in one of those tiers there. Or even organise to battle someone from here.
    Karamazov likes this.

Blog Entries

While I doubt any kind of petition will work, no matter what it is, this is a silly reason to propose anything. I hate competitive myself, but I do know why it is the way it is, and frankly, if you couldn't handle it, then you had no business messing with it to begin with. I will not deny that pokemon in itself is imbalanced, but we're not exactly talking about a grand strategy game here. (although the fandom treats it as such) I also fail to understand: Ban from what? Everyone? The competitive community solely? The community has it's own internal system. If you don't like OU or Uber, then play BL or RU (or whatever it's called), or any of the other tiers. If you just don't like Smogon's mentality, then I suggest you find a community that is more lax. (they do exist, but I guarantee that they will be using similar pokemon) If it's for everyone, then that's just unfair, and I hardly think you'll get the tournament people to change their standards. (as screwy as they are) Either way, you're just cheesing someone off, and if we really want to be fair, then just leave them alone.
    Step into the Fairy circle

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Locking, as we've decided it would be best if you take this petition to blogs, if you want to advertise it.