Regions based on other parts of the world

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Voltaire Magneton
  • 3 Post By Shiny Porygon

Thread: Regions based on other parts of the world

Blog Entries

Default Regions based on other parts of the world

So recently, we just got New York in the form of the Unova Region and now France as Karos Region. I'd love to see a region based on the west coast of the U.S. in California. I'd love to see what my town looks like. Also, Hawaii would be interesting too. I'd really also love to see South Korea or maybe Great Britain?
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Regions based on other parts of the world

There are literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of areas they can use as a basis for new regions. Most of what you're suggesting probably won't be seen for decades, especially since they seem to be skipping around the world for inspiration lately. We just had a U.S. based region, now we're getting a European region, I'm guessing next will be Australia, and then after that IDK.

The only region I'd be interested in seeing would be my home state of Maryland, and even then, only really for the novelty of seeing my home state Pokemon-ified. I doubt it'll happen for years, though, we may not even see it in our lifetime.

Dauntless Fried Chicken Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Voltaire Magneton On Twitter Add Voltaire Magneton on Facebook

It would be nice if a region was based on the Philippines. I wanted to see on how would they be creative with a country that is an archipelago. An archipelago means islands and waters and would mean a lot of HM Surf xD.
    hyperspeed likes this.

URPG STATS! Claimed Dusknoir! Leppa Berry! Exp. Share! Pick Up! Headbutt! Petalburg Woods Forums!

Definitely an "F" ticket! Shiny Porygon's Avatar

Considering precedent, I don't think Game Freak cares about which places have volcanoes/deserts, etc. in real life, because every region since Hoenn (possibly Karos too) has had both those two at least. Nor do they strictly base regional dexes on the native flora, fauna and folklore of the real-life place, hence anteaters, zebras, kitsune, etc. in Unova and pandas in Karos.

That said, they don't seem to turn land into water or viceversa, so regions based on real-life archipelagos would be nice for a change (the Pokémon world, according to the Oceanic Museum, is 70% saltwater, somewhat more than Hoenn). "Boring Surfing" syndrome could be alleviated with ferries, shallow water, bridges and other constructs, plus aquatic non-Water Pokémon (like Dratini, Grimer, supposedly Eelektross, potentially Porygon and Solosis, plus new suited Pokémon). If somewhat tropical, they could be a reason for characters from other regions to come, not to mention foreign language NPCs like in Castelia City, as well as possibly allowing for a spectrum of colours among NPCs. Any metropolis could plausibly do that though.

I´d love a region based on Afrika, Carribean or Oceania! Yes I like seas, islands and so on :) I want a tropical region like my lmost favourite lovely Hoenn :)

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I'd like to see Regions based on Seoul, South Korea and Chicago, Illinois. South Korea because I absolutely love that country, and from images I've seen it would look great as a region. Chicago or Illinois in general since I grew up in Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire Magneton View Post
    It would be nice if a region was based on the Philippines. I wanted to see on how would they be creative with a country that is an archipelago. An archipelago means islands and waters and would mean a lot of HM Surf xD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Porygon View Post
    That said, they don't seem to turn land into water or viceversa, so regions based on real-life archipelagos would be nice for a change (the Pokémon world, according to the Oceanic Museum, is 70% saltwater, somewhat more than Hoenn). "Boring Surfing" syndrome could be alleviated with ferries, shallow water, bridges and other constructs, plus aquatic non-Water Pokémon (like Dratini, Grimer, supposedly Eelektross, potentially Porygon and Solosis, plus new suited Pokémon). If somewhat tropical, they could be a reason for characters from other regions to come, not to mention foreign language NPCs like in Castelia City, as well as possibly allowing for a spectrum of colours among NPCs. Any metropolis could plausibly do that though.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    An archipelago region would be great. The Galapagos Islands would make a good archipelago, and parts of Southeast Asia too.

I personally would want to see another cold and mountainous region, a bit like Sinnoh, but more extreme. Something like Canada or Norway.

I'd love to see regions based off of Africa, Austrailia, and China
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

One lost to time boondockArtist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow boondockArtist on Tumblr

I'd personally be interested in seeing the Great Lakes area of North America becoming a region; plus, since part of that connects to mainland New York, maybe if game featuring the area could connect to Unova at one point? I mean, it's probably not necessary, with not three, but four games already with that region, but still, it could be a possibility.

"Hello Goodbye, Twas nice to know you
    "Hello Goodbye, I'm rather crazy
    How I find myself without you
    And I never thought I was crazy
    That I'll never know
    But what do I know?
    I let myself go"
    Now you have to go"

Boony's Bad Art Thread-"Come in for free eye band-aids today!"

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Personally, I'd like to see some African countries used as regions. I think the idea of savannahs, more mountainous areas, rainforests and desert areas used for a region would be quite interesting and diverse, and perhaps somewhere like Egypt could be included. It'd be interesting to see how they'd include pyramids into it.

Other than that, I'd obviously like to see Britain used as a region, but since it wouldn't really be that much different from current regions I doubt they'd use it. ^^;; Canada and China would also be interesting, too.

Blog Entries

Visit Rainbow Cloud's Youtube Channel

I'd most like to see a region based on Britain, mostly because I live there and it would be interesting to see what it would be like. Probably won't happen for a long time if ever as they have done Europe now with the new region being based on France. A region based on Australia or New Zealand would be interesting though.

Definitely the British Isles (and not just because I live there).