Real World Vs Pokemon World - Page 2

View Poll Results: Would you rather live in the real world or the Pokémon world?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real world

25 17.36%
  • Pokémon world

119 82.64%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World Vs Pokemon World

Blog Entries

Default Re: Real World Vs Pokemon World

i'd take the Pokemon world over the real one any day

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pokemon world

a life of battling trading knowing allmost every one likes pokemon and come on i want to ride a lapras.

but it would be scary as there are pokemon who can fuck up time and space one gives you horrable night meres.

but still pokemon world as it would be epic!

Feeling of being watched 99unownoak's Avatar

[QUOTE=DRaB;2224132]Well, Green, in that case you may not want to live in the real world either, because North Korea is developing nukes. Just saying.

Leave North Korea alone. Americans are hypocrites who want to be the world police. I'm glad North Korea don't just bend to their every word.

i dreamed living in the pokemon world...

and imagined myself playing with my grass type pokemons!
    is there a portal towards the pokemon world??

Blog Entries
    Add Morru Magnum on Facebook

^ Yes. And I have the that portal under lock and key :D
    I voted for The Real World, despite my infinite love of Pokemon, I can't abandon this world. The Pokemon world is not real, and I'd rather be in this world for that reason.

The only thing tempting me to choose the Pokemon world option is that I could get actual Kurumiru from the Pokemon world.

BANNER BY Blue Dragon
    JOIN Pokémon URPG TODAY!
    | URPG Stats | Curator Log | Ref Log | Violet Gym |

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Real World. The pokeworld is about the same as this one, only everything is worse there.

Also now that you bring it up, I wonder why Isshu has free pokécenters.
    How is it worse there?
    Likes them with art.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkCresselia View Post
    How is it worse there?
    Nonexistent police. Runaway consumerism on the level of work buy consume die, just with a happy face. Violent criminals effectively walking the streets with weapons of mass destruction and regularly trying to catch doomsday weapons, opposed more by vigilantes than the legitimate powers that be. World crushing mega corporations that possess technology centuries more advanced than is seen in a typical household in the same cities. Captain Picard would sell Data to get some of Sylph's technology aboard the Enterprise, yet the average household in the Pokemon world doesn't have a computer and is lucky to have a television.

And biological science is somehow in the dark ages, while the recognized leaders of the scientific community use the words "mystical energy beyond understanding" in a scientific context to reject the research of other scientists the only way to actually pursue valid research is to associate with the aforementioned criminals. Many of all the teams' plans simply wouldn't have happened if the legitimate scientific community didn't censor research for unscientific reasons, and many of the most disgustingly unethical crimes against pokemon wouldn't have happened if such research wasn't forced to seek criminal backing because the establishment refuses.

Well, if it were as organised and naive in the pokemon world, and the evil teams are as easy to beat as they are in-game, then the pokemon world obviously! ^^

Thanks to King of Jesus (Neodark) for the banner!

They're easy to beat in game, but so is the league champion. It's game balance, and the game is balanced to be reasonably easy, no champion could hold their position in the league while being only a matter of a few days practice to defeat. The anime teams don't roll over nearly so easily, and even they're beset by comic ineptitude.

More plausible, all things considered, would be that they're as powerful as the teams in the manga. Actually killing people, able to capture and hold entire cities hostage at will, and in another case completely destroying a city pretty much just to save the effort of finding the one person that may or may not have been in the city that they actually wanted to kill. Heck, in the manga, most of the legitimate opposition actually ended up joining Team Rocket when they figured out it carried a better return on investment than resisting them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lezard View Post
    Nonexistent police. Runaway consumerism on the level of work buy consume die, just with a happy face. Violent criminals effectively walking the streets with weapons of mass destruction and regularly trying to catch doomsday weapons, opposed more by vigilantes than the legitimate powers that be. World crushing mega corporations that possess technology centuries more advanced than is seen in a typical household in the same cities. Captain Picard would sell Data to get some of Sylph's technology aboard the Enterprise, yet the average household in the Pokemon world doesn't have a computer and is lucky to have a television.

And biological science is somehow in the dark ages, while the recognized leaders of the scientific community use the words "mystical energy beyond understanding" in a scientific context to reject the research of other scientists the only way to actually pursue valid research is to associate with the aforementioned criminals. Many of all the teams' plans simply wouldn't have happened if the legitimate scientific community didn't censor research for unscientific reasons, and many of the most disgustingly unethical crimes against pokemon wouldn't have happened if such research wasn't forced to seek criminal backing because the establishment refuses.
    Note the words I've underlined.
    Nonexistent, you say. Police do exist i.e Looker. Also an undercover officer aboard the S.S. Anne.
    Likes them with art.

Blog Entries

Note the words I've underlined.
    Nonexistent, you say. Police do exist i.e Looker. Also an undercover officer aboard the S.S. Anne.
    As well as the police forces in Kanto and Johto.
    Normal Safari: Liliipup, Audino, Chansey

Ok, allow me to rephrase. The police in the pokemon world are portrayed as either grossly understaffed (Officer Jenny) or comically incompetent (Looker). Even in their best showings, they're outnumbered several times over by criminal gangs big enough to have research and development divisions, that are regularly powerful enough to have mobile armor or military grade aircraft. Not that they even need that in most continuities, in the manga Lance took out most of a city with the weakest pokemon on his team.

To compare this to the real world, at the height of the mafia wars, the police involved outnumbered the mafia about three to one. The police had better guns, better bullet proof armor, faster and better armored cars, and in many cities next to no accountability when dealing with the mafia. And the mafia pretty much made fools of them for decades, to the point that the NYPD in the 1920-40's was generally considered nonexistent, the real power in most of the city was the mafia. They even did more crime fighting than the police, shutting down small time gangs and low life thugs who threatened businesses paying protection money.

Blog Entries

When all you need to take over the world is a strong enough collection of monsters, Of course the Pokémon world is the way to go. as long as there'd be a bit more realism to it and it was much bigger.

Unlike reality, all hospitals and stores are for Pokémon. The average house is only one room, and despite some technological advances (G5 finally gave us cars and bridges), travel is in the ancient past. Walking along dirt paths and overgrown grass with monsters in them are the only ways to travel between towns of at most 50 people. Unless everyone's a trainer, no one could move around.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

How is it worse there?
    "We're Isshu, and we discovered Johto is trying to take control over Reshiram. In order to protect the world we shall now capture Palkia, attack Johto with it, and take in their Reshiram to stop them from causing any more harm. And if you're not with us, you're with the evil teams! Arceus bless Isshu!"

And let's not forget serial killers with their weaviles, Gallades, Charizards etc. who can kill you with one move. Drifloon taking away my little sister doesn't seem that nice either.

The pokéworld would have the exact same problems as this world, only everything is much worse because of our living, mass-bred and then sold weapons.

Since I'm a person who advocates that our world is far better than we think it is, I'm saying our world, because the Pokemon world, despite all its flaws (pointed out above) is frighteningly utopic. I would not want to live in that kind of utopia.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast