Real World Vs Pokemon World

View Poll Results: Would you rather live in the real world or the Pokémon world?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real world

25 17.36%
  • Pokémon world

119 82.64%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World Vs Pokemon World

Blog Entries

Default Real World Vs Pokemon World

Would you rather live in the real world or the Pokemon world if you had the choice?
    There are pros and cons to both. I mean, I live in Scotland, but in the U.S.A., health care isn't free, and in the pokemon world it is.
    And in the real world, criminal organisations don't go around stealing your pets.
    Likes them with art.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Real World Vs Pokemon World

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkCresselia View Post
    In the U.S.A., health care isn't free, and in the pokemon world it is.
    And in the real world, criminal organisations don't go around stealing your pets.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong.
    Likes them with art.

IMG

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkCresselia View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong.
    it's free to Pokemon.

I'ed say the Pokemon world, I'd have a gyrados to chase team rocket off.

Blog Entries
    Follow Ghost On Twitter

An interesting question, but to me, the choice is clear. I would much rather reside in the real world, as the idea of uncontrollable monsters that have special, dangerous powers seems like too much of a threat.

Well, Green, in that case you may not want to live in the real world either, because North Korea is developing nukes. Just saying.

But in the Pokemon world, everyone gets their (actually QUITE controllable) monsters to defend them from ne'er-do-wells. And the bad guys seem incompetent enough to be taken down by the Newsboy Legion anyway, so I probably woudn't even be bothered so long as there are kids in my neighborhood.

Pokemon world for me, but I probably wouldn't compete for money. I've never been a competitive battler. I'd probably be a collector. Gotta catch 'em all!

Blog Entries

We don't really see much of the Pokemon world outside of battles and contests/musicals of some sort in game or in the anime. They'd probably be very similiar besides the most obvious aspect.

So in that regard, I'd say the Pokemon world. Let's just hope that those Pokedex entries aren't so accurate (Never ending pain from burn? Swallows humans and turns them into mummies?).
    Last edited by Absolclaw; 24th September 2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Normal Safari: Liliipup, Audino, Chansey

Quote Originally Posted by DRaB View Post
    Well, Green, in that case you may not want to live in the real world either, because North Korea is developing nukes. Just saying.
    North Korea's only a threat if you live in Seoul, and that threat comes from the massive WWII era cannons that are still zeroed on the city from the war. If they used all of their decades old nuclear material (they have no means of manufacturing more) and put it all on missiles, there's about a 50/50 chance that at least one will actually reach a target and detonate, and that's assuming everyone else in the region has a collective brain fart and fails to launch interceptor missiles. Even Gulf War era Iraq considered North Korean missiles below their military standards, and the ones they actually used were comically worthless and vulnerable to Patriot missiles.

I'll have to say I'd stay here. Everything about the pokemon world's society screams runaway consumerism on an epic scale, and I also assume if I had the choice to move there, so would the rest of the world. And citizenship there effectively comes with your own personal arsenal of doomsday weapons. I don't know how they keep the apocalypse from happening, but if people from this world started going there, things wouldn't stay utopian for long.

Sorry, can't hear you. The Bad Guy 82's Avatar

The Pokemon World for me!

Imagine being a trainer with a starter of choice

The Pokemon World.

It's mostly a utopia from what we see, and it seems like it would be a pretty great place to live in.
    yeah.

Pokemon world purely because I could become a trainer and avaoid going to school/getting an actual job XD.

thats a question, where does ash get the money to buy food on his journey.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Real World. The pokeworld is about the same as this one, only everything is worse there.

Also now that you bring it up, I wonder why Isshu has free pokécenters.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeX View Post
    The Pokemon World.

It's mostly a utopia from what we see, and it seems like it would be a pretty great place to live in.
    But, the criminals are massive, hyperdestructive groups, which often go unnoticed by law enforcement agencies that barely even seem to be there. All that stops a criminal group from causing anything from economic downfall to mass theft to even destroying reality itself are ten-year olds. Also, many adults (ie; Cynthia, Professor Oak, Juggler Irwin) like to follow you around if they see something 'interesting' in you. That's a pedophile.

I'd live in the real world, where you can stay in the home 'til 17, and pedophiles go behind bars, not become celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Real World. The pokeworld is about the same as this one, only everything is worse there.

Also now that you bring it up, I wonder why Isshu has free pokécenters.
    How do you mean? All the regions have had free Poké Centers..
    Soul Silver FC: 5113 5924 0915

Quote Originally Posted by Battaman View Post
    Poop is racist, it's brown! RACEISM! And pee is yellow!
    -My Toilet, the Racist.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Noob View Post
    But, the criminals are massive, hyperdestructive groups, which often go unnoticed by law enforcement agencies that barely even seem to be there. All that stops a criminal group from causing anything from economic downfall to mass theft to even destroying reality itself are ten-year olds. Also, many adults (ie; Cynthia, Professor Oak, Juggler Irwin) like to follow you around if they see something 'interesting' in you. That's a pedophile.

I'd live in the real world, where you can stay in the home 'til 17, and pedophiles go behind bars, not become celebrities.
    Firstly, Cynthia and Oak aren't pedophiles. They're simply people who check in on you during your journey. Irwin...Irwin's a stalker fanboy with a crush, but even then, he doesn't look anywhere older than 16-17; not a pedophile at all.

And, in the Pokemon world, people have protection against these criminal groups: Their Pokemon, so the police probably wouldn't get involved as much. And of course it's down to the hands of a 10 year old character, it's a video game for ten-year-olds.
    yeah.

Ooh I'd say I'd wanna jump between both every once in a while everytime I'd get sick of one world, lol. Can't decide. :p

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast