Real life concept that never been put on Pokemon?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Real life concept that never been put on Pokemon?

Default Real life concept that never been put on Pokemon?

There are several concept of animal or plant in real world that has never been put into pokemon, namely what i know is:
    1) Hermaphrodite Pokemon ( Some say ditto is the closest,but still not sure)
    2) Endangered Pokemon, im not talking about legendary pokemon, what i mean by endangered here is that, these pokemon is REALLY hard to found in the wild, and its population is the lowest.Because of its low population, you can only get it via ranger or Pokemon Association who protect these endangered species. You might think like Iriomote mountain cat, which only found in the Iriomote island, but i heard that its already been put through, is it true?
    3) Bacteria or Small insect like mosquito, well i always want to look a joke that Ash and his friends got sleep problem, because of many mosquito, i wish they put those too, maybe swarm of mosquito

That's what i think that never been been put in pokemon, any new concept to these? Please say so..

Blog Entries

Default Re: Real life concept that never been put on Pokemon?

For bacteria, there is a pokemon based on caterpillar fungus.
    It's called Paras, look up its "On the Origin of Species" article on Bulbapedia
    I claimed Victreebel

I remember it said on one of Farfetch'd pokedex entryies that it was hunted to endangerment.

Quote Originally Posted by D_Albertz View Post
    There are several concept of animal or plant in real world that has never been put into pokemon, namely what i know is:
    There's not a snowball's chance in Hell they'd openly say, in Pokémon of all games, that a creature is a hermaphrodite.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

We have had endangered Pokemon. Lapras and Kangaskhan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky Bug View Post
    There's not a snowball's chance in Hell they'd openly say, in Pokémon of all games, that a creature is a hermaphrodite.
    They put flowers in the games, most are hermaphrodites. Not to mention Azurill who actually goes through a gender change half the time.

Trophies

yeah safari zones can be seen as similar to animal preserves in that pokemon not available elsewhere which is similar to endangered species so that has been done

Blog Entries

And Shuckle is a mold pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    They put flowers in the games, most are hermaphrodites. Not to mention Azurill who actually goes through a gender change half the time.
    But the flower 'mons have a specified gender. And even if they don't and are genderless, they can't breed unless with Ditto. And for Azurill... I'm sorry, what? o.O How's that work, first time hearing anything like that.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Ditto is a blob, and I dont really think that counts as a Hermaphrodite. Endangered pokemon do exist, I assume thats what the Safari Zone is for

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    We have had endangered Pokemon. Lapras and Kangaskhan.
    And Eevee. And Tauros. And as I believe, the starters.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
    Catching a Pokémon: Throwing Poké Balls over and over and expecting a different result.

PDL

3) Bacteria or Small insect like mosquito, well i always want to look a joke that Ash and his friends got sleep problem, because of many mosquito, i wish they put those too, maybe swarm of mosquito
    Being based on a small insect hasn't been stopped... Look at Aianto. It's an ant Pokémon, it has good stats for something based on a tiny insect.

Also Pokérus.

As for a real concept that won't be used in Pokémon?

One based on nuclear power. Mostly because there's a taboo against nuclear weaponry in Japanese media. What with having an atom bomb dropped on Hiroshima and all...

And for Azurill... I'm sorry, what? o.O How's that work, first time hearing anything like that.
    Marill has a 50/50 gender ratio, Azurill has a 25/75 gender ratio, meaning that 3/4s of all Azurill are female. This also means that when Azurill evolves, there's half a chance that female Azurill will become male upon evolution.

It's most likely ment to be a programming error, but it's a cool reference to what does happen in nature.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post

Marill has a 50/50 gender ratio, Azurill has a 25/75 gender ratio, meaning that 3/4s of all Azurill are female. This also means that when Azurill evolves, there's half a chance that female Azurill will become male upon evolution.

It's most likely ment to be a programming error, but it's a cool reference to what does happen in nature.
    I'm starting to question whether it is a programming oversight or not. Two generations later, and the gender ratio is still the same. They could have easily changed it between generations without complications. After all, they've also given Pokemon new abilities between generations, and actually allowed pre-GenIV Pokemon to attain those abilities if migrated through evolution. Yeah, all migrated Azurills would probably still go through a gender change, but they could easily change that upon evolution like all other migrated Pokemon who evolve and change abilities. All Gen IV-born Azurills would just have the 50/50 ratio split.

hitodeman.png">

So.

Blog Entries
    Follow M the Gate On Twitter

2) Endangered Pokemon, im not talking about legendary pokemon, what i mean by endangered here is that, these pokemon is REALLY hard to found in the wild, and its population is the lowest.Because of its low population, you can only get it via ranger or Pokemon Association who protect these endangered species. You might think like Iriomote mountain cat, which only found in the Iriomote island, but i heard that its already been put through, is it true?

That's what i think that never been been put in pokemon, any new concept to these? Please say so..
    1) Yes, I'm sure the parents would be great about that.
    2) There are endagered pokemon. Lapras for example, and Farfetch'd, as other users have mentioned.
    3) Pokemon isn't finished yet. Who knows what generation VI might bring?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast