Question, Type combos that have no weaknesses?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question, Type combos that have no weaknesses?

Blog Entries

Default Question, Type combos that have no weaknesses?

Hi all,

I was just thinking, what type combos create a pokemon with no natural weaknesses? Dark & Ghost obviously. I can't seem to think of any others.

Grass & Fire, and Dark & Psychic come to mind, but then I remembered that Dark and Psychic would be weak to Bug.
    Fire & Water would be weak to Electric.

Can you think of anything?

Also, do you think it would be fair if their were and Uber pokemon with no natural weakness?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    I would continue this battle of wits with you but you're obviously unarmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by d.aisuke View Post
    Hi all,

I was just thinking, what type combos create a pokemon with no natural weaknesses? Dark & Ghost obviously. I can't seem to think of any others.

Grass & Fire, and Dark & Psychic come to mind, but then I remembered that Dark and Psychic would be weak to Bug.
    Fire & Water would be weak to Electric.

Can you think of anything?

Also, do you think it would be fair if their were and Uber pokemon with no natural weakness?
    Normally, Dark/Ghost is the only type with no natural weaknesses, and even that combination becomes weak to Fighting after Foresight. However, If abilities are taken into account, Electric with Levitate and Poison/Dark with Levitate have no weaknesses either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Noctowl View Post
    Normally, Dark/Ghost is the only type with no natural weaknesses, and even that combination becomes weak to Fighting after Foresight. However, If abilities are taken into account, Electric with Levitate and Poison/Dark with Levitate have no weaknesses either.
    What about a Fire/Water combo, if it was ever created?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darthbane2007 View Post
    What about a Fire/Water combo, if it was ever created?
    Rock, Electric and Ground would be super-effective.
    no moar sig 4 u D=<

Protecting Gotham City Geodude's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Geodude On Twitter
    Follow Geodude on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by d.aisuke View Post
    Grass & Fire
    That would still be weak against Flying and Rock.

XBL: Shiny Geodude -- PSN: ShinyGeodude

PDL

Why is there a need to create a type combo with no weaknesses?

Pokémon is supposed to be a balanced game. All the monsters must have strengths and weaknesses or else they'll end up being broken. Either they're too strong for normal play or too weak to use properly.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

seriously. Do we want a return to the days when Psychic-types unquestionably reigned supreme, and their only weakness was a type with pathetically weakass moves that extremely few Pokemon could learn in the first place (its other "weakness", or so as listed in instruction booklets, guides, and various other official sources, was plagued with a glitch that made Psychic completely immune to it until generation 2, and it was pretty much in the same shitty boat as the other weakness anyway). Nowadays, people would laugh at a Thunders with Pin Missile.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    That would still be weak against Flying and Rock.
    shame on you for forgetting a certain screwed-over type that has extremely few advantages it could boast about.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    That and most competitive battlers I know prefer Pokémon with more resistances and possibly a fatal weakness to make switching in and out much easier. People are too predictable that way.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Would Normal/Ghost have a weakness? I mean yes, a lot of stuff would be able to hit it for normal damage, but would anything be super-effective against it?

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PDL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrage DD View Post
    That and most competitive battlers I know prefer Pokémon with more resistances and possibly a fatal weakness to make switching in and out much easier. People are too predictable that way.
    I don't think this is a question of there being a 'need' for a type combo with no weaknesses, just a matter of curiosity, asking 'what could be a type combo with no weaknesses?' Not everything in Pokemon has got to be about battling, you know. Sheesh.

Sigh. Done.

I'll suggest Electric/Ground. Neutrals out Ground's weaknesses to Grass and Water, as well as Electric's own weakness to Ground. It is also able to hit Flying-types, which are usually immune to Ground.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

how does that cancel out the Grass weakness? I think you're confusing Grass's resistance to Electric as being the other way around. Also, you forgot that Ground also has a weakness to Ice (which is neutral towards Electric).

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    Would Normal/Ghost have a weakness? I mean yes, a lot of stuff would be able to hit it for normal damage, but would anything be super-effective against it?
    Dark. And much like Ghost/Dark, Fighting if Foresight is used.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    how does that cancel out the Grass weakness? I think you're confusing Grass's resistance to Electric as being the other way around. Also, you forgot that Ground also has a weakness to Ice (which is neutral towards Electric).
    Since practically nothing carries STAB only, it's also weak to water attacks.
    no moar sig 4 u D=<

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

I I don't think there is a combo that has no weakness. I used the poketech app that lets you see what types are effective or not against other types in my pearl game and found none with only one super effective or no super effective weaknesses.

Normal/Ghost has (based on the poktech app on pearl):

Normal, fighting, ghost - not effective (resistant)

Fire, water, electric, grass, ice, ground, flying, psyscic, rock, dragon, steel - regulary effective

Poison, bug - not very effective

Dark - Super effective

-------------------------------------

Ghost/Dark has (based on the poktech app on pearl):

Normal, Fighting, Psychic - not effective (resistant)

Fire, water, electric, Grass, Ice, Ground, Flying, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel - regulary effective

Poison - not very effective

-------------------------------------

I'll suggest Electric/Ground. Neutrals out Ground's weaknesses to Grass and Water, as well as Electric's own weakness to Ground. It is also able to hit Flying-types, which are usually immune to Ground.
    I also checked out a ground/Ice and found Fire, Water, Fighting, Grass are all super effective against it. Now electric/ground has water, Ice, Ground and grass which are super effective against it. SO Gras is still, along with water, super effective against it. But it can hit flying types, with electric moves which are super effective on most flying types except zapdos.

So as far as I can see, there is not type combos that have no weaknesses, if other combos were tried you'd mostly get a wider move pool for that pokemon that could hit super effective moves on pokemon it before could not.Ghost/Dark has no super effective types that can be used on it and I am not sure if thats the only one.
    Last edited by Shinx3000; 3rd November 2008 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks Felly for banner

^That was close to me. Interesting

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_Dragonite View Post
    I don't think this is a question of there being a 'need' for a type combo with no weaknesses, just a matter of curiosity, asking 'what could be a type combo with no weaknesses?' Not everything in Pokemon has got to be about battling, you know. Sheesh.

Sigh. Done.

Emerald_Dragonite said it for me. Just curious and for fun. I'm more of a contest person now anyway ;)

Yesh, Electric/ Ground would be awesome. But it'd still be able to get hit by Grass.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    I would continue this battle of wits with you but you're obviously unarmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    Deal with it.

Follow Pika25 On Twitter
    Visit Pika25's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx3000 View Post
    ground/Ice
    introduced in gen II already (Swinub, piloswine.)
    Pikachu is my favorite Pokémon.
    Go Pikachu!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast