A question to all the real pokemon pros (Movie/anime/games connaissance)

Thread: A question to all the real pokemon pros (Movie/anime/games connaissance)

Default A question to all the real pokemon pros (Movie/anime/games connaissance)

So we're having a debate between me and my friend over what he thinks Giovanni being a nice guy because he saved the world from mewtwo with a masterball.
    But from what I remember of what I've watched of the anime/movie mewtwo never wanted to destroy the world and when mewtwo was with Giovanni he thought he was a partner and he was in the armour not the masterball.
    Also the wiki proves my point but my friend won't take wiki for an answer so that,s why I need people with an extensive knowledge of the pokeworld.

And if that storyArch happens in a game tell me which please.

Thanks in advance.
    -red

Blog Entries

Default Re: A question to all the real pokemon pros (Movie/anime/games connaissance)

Quote Originally Posted by redalpha01 View Post
    So we're having a debate between me and my friend over what he thinks Giovanni being a nice guy because he saved the world from mewtwo with a masterball.
    Giovanni's the one who commissioned the creation of Mewtwo in the movies. Does that answer your question?

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A question to all the real pokemon pros (Movie/anime/games connaissance)

1. Giovanni was the one that asked the researchers to capture mew (or at least a DNA) and asked Dr. Fuji to create a clone for him.

2. When Mewtwo destroyed the lab, Giovanni saw its powers and used it by putting it in an armor and forcing it to battle other and steal Pokémon. Giovanni never used, and never had, a Master Ball.

3. Giovanni did not save the world. full stop.

4. Giovanni went after Mewtwo again for its powers in Mewtwo Returns. By this time, Mewtwo is already at peace, so Mewtwo isn't really a threat anymore.

All this was never mentioned in the games, the hint being all the Journal in the Cinnabar Mansion which talks about creating Mewtwo. The Journal tell nothing about Giovanni's involvement.

Team Black

Team White

Blog Entries

What your friend is talking about sounds like this right here.

Blog Entries

I's all just a theory that some person thought up, and It doesn't happen in any game that I know of.

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That story isn't true because Giovanni is in it for the power only. Really you can only see him saving the world if it were ever in danger of being completely devastated and he couldn't benefit from it. The reason this story is becoming popular is because it's been made into an image marco and is being past around by people who haven't had any involvement with Pokemon since the Gen I boom died down.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

Well, that's the issue when you bring the animé and the games together with each other. They don't follow the same story, and even if Giovanni was good in the games, he isn't in the anime at all. This isn't really anything that could be discussed unless if it was Giovanni specific to the games, and Giovanni specific to the animé. That way it would be easier to comprehend, instead of having it all cluttered up with theories based on different sources :/

But for what I think about Giovanni, I see him as a bad guy, both in the games and in the anime. Because yes, the thing about Giovanni wanting to save the world from Mewtwo is just a theory, and whatever! We saved the world from Mewtwo ourselves, so who needs Giovanni? >_<
    Last edited by Olli97; 16th March 2012 at 04:06 AM.

People Just Get InThe Way Shadow-Lucario's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i have to agree, giovanni was never a "good guy" he created team rocket to steal pokemon that much is true to both game and anime, as was mentioned before he never had nor used a masterball once.

In mewtwo returns, when giovanni came for mewtwo in full force mewtwo erased his memory of mewtwo and the other pokemon to keep them all safe.

I have no idea how you or your friend ever thought the leader of team rocket was ever a good guy, if you have played Pokemon gold and silver (remakes) you shall see that he left silver in johto to further his own goals of power.

I will say this about giovanni though i like the way meowth always makes him look like a fool in the mini "meowth theories" that he has =3.
    "people who dont understand me Fear me,People who try to understand me should Fear me"