Question about Arceus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Arceus

Default Question about Arceus

Keep in mind that I have not seen any movie or special involving Arceus.

If Arceus is a god or god, why did he create Humans who are (in most cases) superior to Pokemon? Pokemon may be strong but they can't do most of the things Humans can. Plus Humans capture, control and pit Pokemon against each other. Wouldn't it have made more since for Arceus to give Pokemon more advantages?

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Question about Arceus

Arceus didn't create humans, he created Dialga, Palkia, and possibly Giratina. He also created the lake trio.
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Flame & Thunder Master adit8888's Avatar

IMO, Humans in Pokemon world aren't created, but they evolve naturally from a kind of Pokemon into humans like we know over a long time
    Please critique my sprites!
    My Gallery

PS. Don't ever try to piss me off... I'm extremely hot-headed....

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nope just the world and the dragon/lake trio

Blog Entries

Like the others said He created the Dragon and lake Trio and the universe he's basocally a creator diety not nessicarly 'God'

And he possibly had a hand in the births of the Weather Trio (It would make sense...)

I'm one of those that think that Arceus created the previous mentioned Trios, and Mew, which all Pokemon came from. Humans haven't really been explained origin wise in Pokemon, probably because of the religious issues there are. maybe God created Arceus?

Wild STARCONNER appeared! PsychoArmor's Avatar

Humans are Pokemon that removed their skin to wander around. Troo fax, just go to your local friendly Nightmare Fuel library!

Juffo-Wup fills my fibers and I grow turgid. Violent action ensues.

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

All those infos about Arceus and the rest of the "deity" pokemons are just myth in pokemon world. /meh =))
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

Well, first it should be pointed out that the Arceus legend is a myth. Second, it should also be pointed out that at some point, humans and Pokemon were considered one in the same... weren't they? I think I saw that somewhere. So if Arceus did create them, they later diverged into humans AND Pokemon.

My Gold Trainer Card (Pokémon X) :)

Even in the context of the myth, Arceus is a god with a lower case G, not God with a capital G. He's not the all powerful arbiter and overseer of the universe, he only played a part in creating a few things within it.

Asking why God made people who do bad things is kind of a unique question to the Abrahamic religions, with the whole "in his own image" bit - God is of infinite power, all knowing, all encompassing, all etc. and yet bad things still happen on his watch, done by beings created to be a reflection of his perfect being. Most non-Abrahamic religions don't put man on the same pedestal, but also don't have a single infinite God, but many finite ones like Arceus.

Oh, ok I get it now. It's just the way everyone talked about him I had thought he was the "main" deity. Thanks for the info folks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborger View Post
    Oh, ok I get it now. It's just the way everyone talked about him I had thought he was the "main" deity. Thanks for the info folks.
    He's not 'God' but he is a 'god' (i.e Apollo) A creator-Diety he created the Dragon Trio and the Lake Trio and Possibly Mew (And all the myths are true people... Groudon can cause the sea's to shrinnk raising lands and Kyogre can flood the world with his rain and rqise the sea's Dailga and Palkia can create a new universe so why can't Arceus' legend be true?)

However he is the most powerful being in existance (He has the highest BST in the game period by a lot) And in the movie he wa sdetermined to destroy humanity and it was obvious he would have suceeded if it wasn't for Ash and co. I mean he crushed the Dragon Trio all at once

Plus Arceus is the one who is rumored to have prevented all Pokémon in the future from disappearing in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. Dialga explains that it "was no miracle" that they were saved, and that a "greater power" saved them all. Arceus is the leader of the dragon trio, of which Dialga is a member.

Giving that Dialga is a meber of the Dragon-Trio which is controlled by Arceus saying this might give some insight of his power (Though the games aren't made by GF)

Is Shymin involved?

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoArmor View Post
    Humans are Pokemon that removed their skin to wander around. Troo fax, just go to your local friendly Nightmare Fuel library!
    OMLG, thats so disgusting and yet that myth in the sinnoh library makes so much sense now O-o

As others before me have said, I don't think he directly made humans (in fact I just think he's a puppet of the Unown, but nm...) just the Dragon & Lake trio.
    Last edited by Green Zubat; 3rd October 2010 at 07:30 AM.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

I think the Unown could have made the dragon trio but they didn't want to be famous so they imbued their power to Arceus and he made everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast