Question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

hi

Default Question

Why haven't Pokemon killed off humans yet?
    There are certainly Pokemon that hate humans enough to want to kill them and we have seen Pokemon able to do so, so why haven't Pokemon been able to do so?
    Is it because other Pokemon protect them, Pokemon lack the intelligence to pull something like that off or is it because the humans of the Pokemon world have enough advance technology to stop Pokemon from ever doing so?
    Last edited by coolcatkim22; 1st November 2008 at 09:10 PM.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some pokemon have probably killed humans the same way some humans have killed some pokemon.

I mean, I wouldn't go around breaking magikarp eggs in the middle of the lake of rage... A place considered dangerous.

Anyways I say pokemon and humans generally don't harm each other. Just in certain concrete cases. Maybe becouse of a deal they made long ago to protect each other or whatever, ultimatelly leaving it so pokemon would serve humans and they'd lead and take care of them. (Sort of like a "familiar" or shikigami)

(Then again, this only works if you see pokemon like yokai, in contrast of the common view of they being the only creatures other than humans and plants on Earth)

hi

You make a good point but I don't get the promise thing.
    Is the promise so strong and are Pokemon so unbelievably loyal that they would protect humans even though they pollute, destroy and make them suffer through battles for nothing more then titles and fame which they get little recognizement for.

Blog Entries

That's where you get pokemon like Mewtwo who wanted to wipe out humanity.

Probably I should explain it better, not all humans are evil in the pokemon world. In fact I don't think there are many polution issues there. But say, this city polutes a sea, then the tentacruel there go on a rampage and fight back.

Or for example in an anime episode with diglett they wanted to build something that'd destroy the forest, but the diglett that lived there tried to stop it.

And the battles make the pokemon stronger and do give them the same fame to them than to their trainer. Remember that trained pokemon are stronger in many senses than wild pokemon. So it's not "make them murder each other so they suffer ahahahahah", they don't fight to death nor the trainer doesn't let them be killed, or anything like that.
    Last edited by Infinity Mk-II; 1st November 2008 at 09:47 PM.

because its a kids show? they have to pretend like humans really do live in harmony with nature.

Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar

Pokemon is a kid show sadly. so all what u are saying ccant happen.

Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

hi

Yeah I know not all humans are evil, it's a fact that no type of species (or anything) of any kind is all evil. The thing is that usually some one comes to the conclusion that something can be all evil.
    There has been pollution in the Pokemon world. In the special manga that is the main reason why they wanted to wipe out most of the human race.
    In battles I am aware they don't die but pain is still pain all the same. They shouldn't have to be put through that.

P.S. Yes I know it is a kid show. I was just trying of thinking of the emotional reason why they don't rather then the logical reason.

Blog Entries

It's not the same. It's like, uh, wrestling or something.

It's just fighting, more or less as a sport. There are rules and stuff.

hi

First of all, wrestling is fake, although there are wrestling matches that are real but main wrestling is fake.
    I doubt that all Pokemon battles have some one to make sure the rules are followed.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    Why haven't Pokemon killed off humans yet?
    There are certainly Pokemon that hate humans enough to want to kill them and we have seen Pokemon able to do so, so why haven't Pokemon been able to do so?
    Is it because other Pokemon protect them, Pokemon lack the intelligence to pull something like that off or is it because the humans of the Pokemon world have enough advance technology to stop Pokemon from ever doing so?
    I....I dunno...

Blog Entries

Sigh. And you could just order your pokemon to chop your opponent's head off instead. Why haven't they done that?

It's not rules as in "this is not allowed", it's common sense. You just don't go around hurting stuff pointlessly.

And I am saying that a pokemon fight isn't a fight to death, even if they lose the pokemon are fine. The exception would be where they actually fight to actually hurt each other instead of for strenght, but that isn't what a trainer should do and it's told about through the entire series. (see: team rocket silver etc)

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    First of all, wrestling is fake, although there are wrestling matches that are real but main wrestling is fake.
    No, wrestling like the WWE is fake, or rather staged. Then there's wrestling the likes of which you see in the Olympics or on high school sports teams.

Also, Pokémon isn't a "kids show" because it's not just a show. It's a franchise, made of a variety of media.

Blog Entries

Why haven't regular animals wiped out humans yet? Pokémon on the whole don't seem too much different--at least, not the wild ones. As far as the truly malevolent ones, the only one of which I can think of is Darkrai (maybe Mewtwo, or some other legendaries) is that there exist benevolent Pokémon willing and able to protect humanity from them.

Pokemon, from what I've seen, are naturally more friendlier than humans.

Didn't the anime say that pokemon, unlike humans, can't be evil? I believe episode 17 clarified that.

hi

Infinity Mk-II- What are you talking about? There's always senseless violence going around, even now in days.
    It doesn't matter whether they are getting killed or not. They are still being put through pain and pointless pain if I might add.

Blackjack Palazzo- Well yes I was referring to the WWE when I said main fighting.
    I don't know how to respond to your second statement without getting off topic.

Martonimos- Yes that is mostly true, except for the fact that Pokemon can breath fire, shoot out electricity and guillotine you with a scythe like appendage. But other then that they are completely the same. Next question.

Queenofotakus- You make a very good point. The only Pokemon that seem to be evil are usually around evil people although Team Rocket's Meowth seems to be an exception but then again he's not too evil to start out with. Good argument.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast