The purpose of doctors in the pokemon world

Thread: The purpose of doctors in the pokemon world

Default The purpose of doctors in the pokemon world

Now we all know each pokemon center has some advance instant healing machine that would completely destroy OUR medical industry hell doctors,nurses,surgeons would be deleted from the job list since this miraculous device makes them unneeded

It very possible that the machine can heal extremely horrific wounds like dismemberment,organ or brain damage infact its possible that the machine actually resets your organs back into their prime power

say your a drinker and your liver is getting horrible
    visit the miracle machine and BAM your liver is absolutely fine as if all those years of drinking alcohol were erased

just rest your head on the miracle machine and BAM your brain is fine

i wonder is its possible to even retard aging

Incredibly they still have nurses and doctors but the miracle healing machine is better than all of them

Furthermore the machine also resets the pokemons PP indicating that it actually fully restores their stamina

now imagine how incredible a portable version of this miracle machine would be

sweet jesus thats just amazing that machine is just amazing

fractured bone go to miracle machine
    got the flu go to miracle machine
    STDS go to miracle machine
    just plain exhausted go to miracle machine
    missing a limb eye or something go to miracle machine

this explains why there are hardly any sick people in the pokemon world

Discuss this wonder plz

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

Default Re: The purpose of doctors in the pokemon world

I think it only works on Pokémon, though. Don't you have to be in a pokéball to go inside the machine? Unless you're not talking about that machine in the Pokémon center that heals Pokémon and you're talking about some other machine I don't know about because, honestly, I haven't been keeping up with the news.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

The miraculous healing only applies to pokemon, it seems. In the anime, there was a separate doctor for humans

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also it obviously doesn't work for all problems. Pokérus is incurable for instance (though beneficial), and there are many illnesses and problems that need a more complicated procedure, even beyond what a Pokecenter can do.

Even fatal diseases have appeared reccurently, like with Alder's pokémon.

Pokémon Centers' machines probably can only heal wounds and recover stamina, and get rid of toxines and whatnot, but I doubt it hardly does much else.

[/overexposition]

Add Chiss on Facebook

Pokemon centers can only heal minor injuries.
    There's probably human wings where they take care of us.

You generally only take Pokemon there and heal them with the machine if they are fainted, poisoned, burned, frozen, paralyzed,etc from battle. Im sure more serious conditions are treated by Pokemon doctors, what if a Pokemon needed an operation for something? The device is cool but I dont think it can heal everything like if a Pokemon got sick or something. Humans obviously would go to a human doctor,the Pokemon Center is only for healing Pokemon not people.

Blog Entries

From what I've seen, removing fatigue and healing status ailments is all it can do. For more complex ailments, like bone fractures, terminal diseases, organ damage, etc., I imagine you'd need doctors, nurses and surgeons for operations. And of humans, of course, are human doctors. The PokéCenter machine doesn't work on people.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

It would be really interesting if they created a version of the machines, with the same technology, that could work on humans. I think they could do it.
    They could also upgrade the Pokemon Center's machine(or the human version) to cure dismemberment and perform operations, I think the technology is there

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

There are operating tables in pokemon centers in the anime these are for the more serious injurys, the machines cant heal broken bones or wounds.

Blog Entries

I think the machine only works on healing exhaustion and minor wounds. And for Pokemon.

Put it this way, if the symptom can be treated on an outpatient basis, it can be treated by the machine.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd say that the wounds Pokemon sustain through battle are only superficial compared to "real" medical issues, and that it simply isn't mentioned that your pets may just barely hang on after some fights to keep the rather light-hearted mood of the series. (Despite a few PokeDex entries, ^^.) After all, with all the graves at Celestial Tower and the various equivalents, I'm guessing that the reason behind all of them was not that the trainer didn't make it to the Pokemon Center on time. ;P I haven't heard much that is canon, however, and I probably missed a detail or two. ^^'
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

In the Games, Serious Injuries are healed in a manner of seconds.

In the Anime, Treatment is shone to take any where between half an hour to a couple days.

And then, there hasn't been any evidenced cases of "serious" injury such as internal injuries. I would Imagine such Injuries would realistically takes months.