The Pros Who Are Still Learning

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Benster404

Thread: The Pros Who Are Still Learning

Follow Benster404 On Twitter

Default The Pros Who Are Still Learning

I like to think of myself as a Pokémon pro, i have followed the franchise since the beginning. But sometimes i learn things that i simply didn't know. For example, just now i found out that rock types are not resistant to rock type moves. This has left me blown away. So is there anything that you didn't know until recently?
    Narcisse likes this.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic61470_1.gif

Default Re: The Pros Who Are Still Learning

Yeah, I still learn some weird stuff. I still get rock and ground confused sometimes, even though they are totally different. And IVs and EVs still confuse the heck out of me.
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

Never knew what an IV was till today.

I have also followed the franchise since the beginning.I have kept my team over the years even though I couldn;t keep my Pokemon from gold,silver,yellow,Etc. I have stuck with the same team types. What I just now found out was that flying types are not not very effective against ground types
    Black Friend Code: 2280 2589 4167
    I have Legendaries For Trade http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f601/pokedex-fillers-shinies-foriegn-legendaries-so-much-more-144886/#post4546955
    Jalapeno!!!

Blog Entries

@Benster404;

This is a cool idea for a thread. i definitely place myself in the category of 'Pro still learning.'

I too have been playing the Pokemon games since the very beginning. Up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago I had no idea about EVs, IVs etc. There are now dozens of items that had previously seemed utterly pointless to me because I thought they did...well...nothing. Turns out they're essential when EV training.

I'm now in the process of EV training a Pokemon for the very first time. Not to use it competitively, just purely for the satisfaction of having a Pokemon in my ranks which has been trained to be as good as it can possibly be. A concept previously lost on me.

Only found out 2 or 3 months ago that Ditto can breed with pretty much anything.

Oh yeah and also connected to the whole EV/IV thing... the Pokemon characteristics... genuinely thought that was just GameFreak and the Pokemon Co. being quirky. Had no idea it had a significant influence on how your Pokemon would develop.

I love that after all these years there's still so much for me to learn about it all. Keeps it fresh.

Feeling of being watched 99unownoak's Avatar

I've followed the franchise from the start and I didn't know what Pokerus was until a few days ago.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

I've followed the franchise since the beginning, and only now am I starting to learn what EVs are and how they work. Totally confused on IVs, though.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

I only recently found out that the EV-enhancing items can pass down IV's through breeding if held by a parent. I also just found out where Cradily's eyes actually are.
    Last edited by Gengarzilla; 16th September 2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Another new thing I just learned...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries

Visit Kira Akigari's Youtube Channel

I dont know what is EV nor IV

I've followed the franchise since I can remember, and only just discovered all the breeding mechanics.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

I've been following the franchise for 6 years. but I didn't REALLY get into it(like all the mechanics and such) until about 1.5 years ago with the pre-release pics of BW came around

Quote Originally Posted by Gengarzilla View Post
    I only recently found out that the EV-enhancing items can pass down IV's through breeding if held by a parent.
    SERIOUSLY?! I didn't know that...

Quote Originally Posted by Gengarzilla View Post
    I also just found out where Cradily's eyes actually are.
    I did too a just few months ago. I thought the markings on the side of it's head were its eyes XD

and I still cant remember if Rock is super-effective against Ground or the other way around. derp.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have been playing since I was six, and I still have no idea what EV's, IV's and tiers are. Nor do I even know how EV's or IV's work. I usually just play for fun, not all-consuming strategy.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.