Is it possible for a Ghost Pokemon to die? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Can a Ghost Pokemon die?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 52.27%
  • No, I don't think so.

21 47.73%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible for a Ghost Pokemon to die?

But what about that Jenny's Ghastly in the Evil!Pikachu episode?

Apparently, they can live for centuries. For example, in the Orange Islands Episode with Haunted Ship, the Gastly & Haunter that live there have been protecting the 300 year old Winner's Trophy that used to belong to their Master, & will continue to do so forever, at least, according to them.
    Is Gone...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    I've always upheld the belief that "ghost" Pokemon are really just living beings with spirit-like properties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Euan View Post
    I'd just assumed that ghost-types weren't really ghosts, but that people described them as such because they mistook them for real ghosts or because they possess abilities usually associated with ghosts.
    Mmm, that's what I've always thought too. ^^;

So, yeah, if that's true, they could die.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Steel_and_ice don't rule Dr. Peppa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    what the fuck makes you think I'm gonna say something like that?
    Lolz at that.
    And on to the answer. I said yes because they aren't ghosts they just have the ability to be like ghosts. Fire pokemon arent just things of fire.

Archers for your Arches.. xRubyx's Avatar

I guess they can die. I mean, they have a soul right? So....they can die ;]

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a theory of how normal (not the type) Pokemon and humans die, and depending on the circumstances of the death would turn into a ghost Pokemon. Basically it was a sort of limbo for them, a transition stage, and will eventually pass. I'll try looking for it.

Apparently, they can live for centuries. For example, in the Orange Islands Episode with Haunted Ship, the Gastly & Haunter that live there have been protecting the 300 year old Winner's Trophy that used to belong to their Master, & will continue to do so forever, at least, according to them.
    Weren't they inside their Pokeball? If so then they were probably in a state of suspended animation.

EDIT: Found my theory on Pokemon dyiong turning into ghost Pokemon

L's theory on Pokemon turning into ghosts

They still die, or pass on to the afterlife in the case of the dead pokemon/people turning into ghosts. Not everyone turns into ghost Pokemon though....
    Last edited by The Outrage; 21st August 2007 at 04:26 PM.

Oh yeah, wasn't that episode with the Ninetales and the mansion and...yeah...with Brock...

That was a spirit right? o-o

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

^^^^Ninetales is suppose to live a long time too, that was a living one just made to act like a 9-tailed fox legend.

lol, well I think the only way another pokemon gets turned into a ghost pokemon is with reincarnation. I'm sure ghost pokemon are just pokemon that can live a very long time. There have been words about death, and actual spirits of pokemon. I think pokemon turning into ghost pokemon is kind of a legend thing, like how some people thought Groundon and Kyorge created the world and such.

Disastrous Motions... Unplanned_Disaster's Avatar

Ghost pokemon do die, with the simple explanation that they're living. Sure they can be considered "undead" or "mystical" and they possess simple ghostly qualities, but they still possess normal qualities of a living pokemon (breeding, obeying a trainer, being able to attack, being able to contain itself in a Pokeball).

I believe when a pokemon dies, they don't turn into ghosts, but rather spirits. Cubone's mother from R/B/Y/G/FR/LG had it's soul raging into the 2nd-to-the-last floor of Lavender Tower, and it gets identified through the silph scope. After you faint it, though, it's soul "departs to the afterlife". That means their spirits are a far different life-force other than just Gastly and Gengar, and any other Ghost-type pokemon.

QFT.

In other forums I'm known as...

Serebii Forums - Dramatic Melody
    PI Forums - Cherished Song

Quote Originally Posted by Unplanned_Disaster View Post
    I believe when a pokemon dies, they don't turn into ghosts, but rather spirits. Cubone's mother from R/B/Y/G/FR/LG had it's soul raging into the 2nd-to-the-last floor of Lavender Tower, and it gets identified through the silph scope. After you faint it, though, it's soul "departs to the afterlife". That means their spirits are a far different life-force other than just Gastly and Gengar, and any other Ghost-type pokemon.
    Plus the fact that you can't catch her in a Poke Ball, since its dead.
    Is Gone...

Lightbulb Uhh...

I think that pokemon go through two incarnations:
    Alive(the pokemon)
    when that pokemon dies, its body is buried its spirit becomes a ghost pokemon becomes a ghost pokemon(which one or whether this part happens at all depends on what the pokemon is and how it died)
    Ghost(a ghost pokemon)
    When this incarnation is destroyed, its physical form dissipates into mist and its conciousness(the only part left of it) gos to wherever dead people go as well.

Theory^
    Contrary to what you may believe 007, the world is not filled with mad-men who can hollow out volcanoes, stock them with big breasted women, and threaten the world with nuclear annihilation.

You can't go into melee combat without a snickers bar!

This signature copyright 2007 Moustachecat Inc. and is not to be copied, replicated, or eaten in any form, including delicious pot-pie, without the written consent of the scary men in white coats.

Oh wow, Generation V. Gandavien's Avatar
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

If we're all pretty much agreed that ghost pokemon are living, then why, in the pokedex entry for Drifloon, in Diamond, this:
    A Pokémon formed by the spirits of people and Pokémon.
    It's most likely a legend.

Also, why, in R/G/B/Y and FR/LG do you need to use the Silph Scope to see the ghosts, but in every other game, you don't?

BWAHAHAHA!!! LAND!! Magma Krystal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gandavien View Post
    Also, why, in R/G/B/Y and FR/LG do you need to use the Silph Scope to see the ghosts, but in every other game, you don't?
    in R/G/B/Y and FR/LG, the silph scope was pretty much a diversion to help level up your pokemon and go certain places. because in the other games, the certain order of things didn't need to happen, you could just see the pokemon. if you didn't need to find the scope in the original games, you would be too weak to go straight to the top of the tower.

the same thing happened in R/S/E, when you need to find a scope of some sort to see Kecleon. they did that for the same reason.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magma Krystal View Post
    in R/G/B/Y and FR/LG, the silph scope was pretty much a diversion to help level up your pokemon and go certain places. because in the other games, the certain order of things didn't need to happen, you could just see the pokemon. if you didn't need to find the scope in the original games, you would be too weak to go straight to the top of the tower.

the same thing happened in R/S/E, when you need to find a scope of some sort to see Kecleon. they did that for the same reason.
    The Devon Scope did not really divert you that much. Now the Go-Goggles and the Sand storm in RSE was a diversion. Notice how you don't need them in DP for the Sandstorm in the NorthWest Island, orthe Blizzard routes.

If we're all pretty much agreed that ghost pokemon are living, then why, in the pokedex entry for Drifloon, in Diamond, this:

Quote:
    A Pokémon formed by the spirits of people and Pokémon.

It's most likely a legend.
    Click the link on my previous post on this thread since it had my theory on Ghost Pokemon being made through the spirits of humans and Pokemon.

Ghost Pokemon from eggs... they just the same as other Pokemon. Maybe they don't die of old age, if age affects anything in the Pokemon world

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast