Is it possible for a Ghost Pokemon to die?

View Poll Results: Can a Ghost Pokemon die?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 52.27%
  • No, I don't think so.

21 47.73%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible for a Ghost Pokemon to die?

Blog Entries

Default Is it possible for a Ghost Pokemon to die?

I know what most of you will say.....

"Aren't they already dead?" =P

I understand Ghost Pokemon are, basically, ghosts. But what about other Solid-ish Ghosts, like Shedinja and Sableye?

I found it a little interesting. What do you think?

The Sinnoh Battle Frontier is among them, and an old foe is back for revenge. With Rain's new companions, as well as some old friends by his side, can he win this challenge and stop Shinsei Muto before it's too late?
    Updated Tuesdays and Fridays
    Don't forget the other two. LoS is long, so be sure to have plenty of free time. =)
    Legends of Sinnoh|Shadow Apocalypse

I think with the exception of a few, such as Spiritomb, most Ghost type pokemon are assigned their designated type simply because they have abilities that are usually associated with ghosts in folklore, like the ability to pass through walls and make themselves invisible. I don't think they're actually ghosts in the literal sense of the word, so they probably can die, just like any other type.

I thought Shedinja was already dead. I mean it's just a mere shell of its former self.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f348/jesus-alliance-25813/ Jesus Alliance

Please, help the unborn http://www.priestsforlife.org/

My LiveJournal http://ashspikapal.livejournal.com/

"When your country and mine shall get together on the teachings laid down by Christ in this Sermon on the Mount, we shall have solved the problems not only of our countries but those of the whole world."- Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Combat God Riolu View Post

what the fuck makes you think I'm gonna say something like that? I've always upheld the belief that "ghost" Pokemon are really just living beings with spirit-like properties. I base this on the fact that they're capable of reproduction. About the only exception I'd make is Giratina since it seems like it's pretty much the fucking Grim Reaper itself. Though, would the Grim Reaper really count as "dead"? Was it even alive to begin with? It seems to have free passage between both worlds, in any case. And on that note, to answer your question, no, it can't die. It could be fainted, maybe even have its physical body destroyed (only to be re-manifested later), but so long as it can freely move between the living and spiritual realms, it can't really die... of course, this is all my personal assumption on Giratina since it's still a new legendary and hardly anything has been revealed about it. But hopefully, whatever anime movie (special? Multi-parter?) or manga plot featuring it more indepth won't completely contradict my theories.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    what the fuck makes you think I'm gonna say something like that?
    When I said most, I never meant people like you. =P

Sorry if I made it look like that.

The Sinnoh Battle Frontier is among them, and an old foe is back for revenge. With Rain's new companions, as well as some old friends by his side, can he win this challenge and stop Shinsei Muto before it's too late?
    Updated Tuesdays and Fridays
    Don't forget the other two. LoS is long, so be sure to have plenty of free time. =)
    Legends of Sinnoh|Shadow Apocalypse

Blog Entries

"Aren't they already dead?"
    Baseball is wrong. Man with four balls can not walk. - Chinese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat God Riolu View Post

what the fuck makes you think I'm gonna say something like that?
    Because if you didn't you'd say, "what the fuck makes you think I'm gonna say something like that?"

I'd just assumed that ghost-types weren't really ghosts, but that people described them as such because they mistook them for real ghosts or because they possess abilities usually associated with ghosts.

That said, in Lavender tower the Pokémon appear as ghosts until you have the Silph Scope, although that might just be because the silph scope was designed to show things as they really are, as opposed to it being a device for seeing ghosts.

So, I think ghost types can die because I don't see any reason why ghost Pokémon wouldn't die when other types would.

I don't remember Pokemon dying period but I'm going to have to say they are already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by 360 View Post
    I don't remember Pokemon dying period but I'm going to have to say they are already dead.
    Cubone's mother was killed by Team Rocket, but that's the only one I can think of.

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I personally think Ghost types are spirits of dead people/Pokemon...and being undead, sunlight (or a spell like Holy) can kill them.
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Quote Originally Posted by LightningTopaz View Post
    I personally think Ghost types are spirits of dead people/Pokemon...and being undead, sunlight (or a spell like Holy) can kill them.
    Wait so you're saying, when a Pikachu dies...it becomes a Ghastly? D8

Quote Originally Posted by Euan View Post
    Cubone's mother was killed by Team Rocket, but that's the only one I can think of.
    (and the graveyards are pretty self-explanatory in the games that indicate Pokemon CAN die; also in the anime there were two known occasions that Pokemon can die, however I can not mention the two occasions for they are very spoilerific)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ash's SOVA Pika Pal View Post
    I thought Shedinja was already dead. I mean it's just a mere shell of its former self.
    Agreed!!!
    Inuyasha!!!

Brock's Pikachu LightningTopaz's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Okay let me revise what I said:

Ghost Pokemon are spirits themselves, right? So, being undead, they prolly fear bright sunlight or something like the Holy spelll
    My URPG stats: Maya's status

SuBuWriMo status: 28,103 words in all!

Quote Originally Posted by LightningTopaz View Post
    Okay let me revise what I said:

Ghost Pokemon are spirits themselves, right? So, being undead, they prolly fear bright sunlight or something like the Holy spelll
    So they're vampires?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast