Porygon in Mystery Dungeon Series
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porygon in Mystery Dungeon Series

Blog Entries

Default Porygon in Mystery Dungeon Series

If the Porygons were artificial Pokemon and the Mystery Dungeon universe apparently does not have any humans, then how did the Porygons come into existence? The fact that they appeared in Temporal Tower possibly hints that they are from the future.

Same question for Mewtwo.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They are a parallel universe from ours. Perhaps in the Human-Pokemon world, Pokemon like Porygon and Mewtwo could not exist on their own, but were perfectly capable to do so as a species in Pokemon world.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the main character in this series is a human dragged into the Pokemon world correct? Then it is perfectly logical that the idea of Porygon had seeped through these dimensional cracks and into the minds of humans?

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

If you want to point out plot holes in MD then you should talk about the original: in the idea that all the pokemon seem to know what a human is.

Pocket Full of Sunshine Charmander009's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They escaped! That's how!

Blog Entries

I've always liked the idea that humans once existed in the Mystery Dungeon world, but have either gone extinct or have incredibly small numbers. Hence explaning why the Pokémon have heard of humans, how man-made Pokémon exist, and

Don't know if that contradicts anything in the second game, because I've only played the first.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

The main character in PMD 2 seems to be a human originally (from the future as well) but a mishap caused him/her to become a Pokémon. I think that's proof enough that humans do exist in the MD world, but as to the exact number of them being around, probably very little.
    Last edited by RapidPotential; 8th June 2008 at 07:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    I've always liked the idea that humans once existed in the Mystery Dungeon world, but have either gone extinct or have incredibly small numbers. Hence explaning why the Pokémon have heard of humans, how man-made Pokémon exist, and

Don't know if that contradicts anything in the second game, because I've only played the first.
    Maybe we're jsut videogame characters to them :O

Quote Originally Posted by "L" View Post
    Maybe we're jsut videogame characters to them :O
    "Hey, I just got a copy of Human Blue Version!"

Banner by anime_aficionada.

Blog Entries

I got this theory:
    The Temporal Tower. I think it's the place where "all times do meet" (sound familiar to anyone?). Anyway, its kind of a place where time doesn't flow but all time flows into it. Porygon lives there because they came from a future with humans, thus the main character, but through the tower they can travel to any time at all. Complex, ain't it.

(P.S. My sister posted before under my name! Grr...)

Blog Entries

If that's true, then a Temporal Tower should exist in the Poke-human world, but it doesn't.

I guess they can always try to pull a Twilight Princess-Temple of Time scenerio.

Blog Entries

Well, Temporal tower doesn't exist in the Poke-only world either. It exist as someone said in split second of a moment... or something along the lines. It's its own world within worlds. So if that were it, anyone from any world could enter if they found the right portal.

Blog Entries

It's simple.

The world in PMD is a utopian world thousands of years in the future where humans have been wiped out and Pokemon have, ahem, evolved to have the mental capabilities of humans. Humans are considered the same way we view dinosaurs: fantastic beasts who have been long extinct.

Pokemon like Mewtwo and Porygon managed to breed, and continued reproducing in the new Pokemon era.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Neku View Post
    It's simple.

The world in PMD is a utopian world thousands of years in the future where humans have been wiped out and Pokemon have, ahem, evolved to have the mental capabilities of humans. Humans are considered the same way we view dinosaurs: fantastic beasts who have been long extinct.

Pokemon like Mewtwo and Porygon managed to breed, and continued reproducing in the new Pokemon era.
    that actually sounds pretty logical. if we saw a dinosaur, it'd be the only one on Earth but we'd know what it is.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't they then be baffled as to how a human could have survived all this time or what have you?

Could it be possible that this is a small part of the whole world and that we only see areas that humans have vacated from, but they still exist elsewhere in the world?

Alternatively, if the MD World is the Pokemon homeworld, who is to say that the path between the human world and the Pokemon world is one way? The scientists in the abandoned laboratory obviously brought Mewtwo and Porygon with them when they set up shop.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast