Pokemon you want to like, but can't - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Pokemon you want to like, but can't

Default Re: Pokemon you want to like, but can't

Cubchoo and Beartic. A lot of people would probably disagree with me, but I really don't like the design. Ice types are my favorites, so I really want to like them, but I can't.
    Argylegasm likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L.L. View Post
    Golurk no doubt. What's not to like? A giant flying robot created by an ancient civilization that can punch anything into dust. It was the first Pokemon I knew I wanted on my team (which didn't happen btw). Then you find out about its low speed, low defenses, and and many weaknesses. Such an awesome thing ruined since literally anything can one-shot it. Did I mention he barely gets any stab moves too?
    Yeah, I flinched when I saw the big lug's speed but I gave him a shot. It may sound insane, but he's one of my best freaking fighters. Riser took me through the E4 in Black multiple times and どぐう (Dogū) ended up way over-leveled and beat the heck outta anything that faced him in B2. Now if only GF would suddenly decide to give the big fella an upgrade to Steel type and make all the Klutzes I have get Levitate via said Steel type upgrade...

Seriously, that would kick so much skidplate. I mean, Golurk's design screams robot; if anything should be Steel/Ghost, it oughta be an evolution of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerseusRad View Post
    This may come as a surprise, but Fennekin. It just looks weird to me, and I don't like the way the head and ears are proportioned to the rest of the body. It's a fire type, but I just don't want to use him, but I want to like him.
    O_O

I thought I was the only one who felt like that!

When I first saw the X and Y trailer in January, I kept looking at Fennekin and thinking, "It's supposed to be a fox. I should like the little bugger." But I didn't and I can't. Sure, I'll get one for the Dex, but it won't be my Starter. (I'm going with Froakie.)

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

I always try to convince myself that I don't hate any Pokemon, and I don't! But there is one that I just cannot bring myself to like, and that would have to be Jynx. I always try to root for unappreciated or underliked Pokemon, but Jynx is one of those Pokemon I just really don't like. She was a lot more tolerable when she was in her original black color, but the purple really sealed the deal for me not liking her. Now she just reminds me of Grimace with a blonde wig and a red dress. D:
    Pokemon X EV-trained team:

Electabuzz, Charizard, Lapras, Steelix, Pyroar, Pangoro

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator

Feraligatr. Too gruff and bulky looking. I love water types, I like Totodile, even started with him in Crystal. I couldn't get myself to evolve my Croconaw.
    trade station
    art gallery
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

I'm not fond of Pokemon like Smoochum and Gothita because they remind me too much of human babies. Their evolutions are fine though.
    Fio likes this.

Torchic (and its evolution line)
    Combusken and Blaziken have the unique typing of Fire/Fighting and it was the original fire/fighting starter. it was powerful and highly likeable... but i can't bring myself to like it. there are not very many fire-tyeps in gen 3 so if you get Torchic from the start you have your fire-type right there but i could not bring myself to do that i ended up choosing Mudkip. i don't know why but i can't like this evolution line. maybe one of the reasons is because i can't imagine a bird/chicken thing being a fighting type. Infernape may have been the second fire/fighting and took away the spotlight from Blaziken but a monkey using fighting moves is a lot more reasonable
    So..... I heard you don't like Whitney's Miltank

Power of the Player Metal Heroine's Avatar

Garbodor and Gastrodon, okay these two might be underrated, and I would love to own these guys with ease but there is only room for 6 Pokémon and there is just so much good Pokémon out there I can't give them much attention. I tried giving Garbodor a try in a Rental but things just didn't turn out well. And I just see too much Gastrodon when I am surfing in Platinum. Mostly because of their designs too...Okay a pile of garbage and a snail.....thing?...

Zeb
    five times in the mirror Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Oshawott (and to a lesser extent, Dewott). I love Samurott, it's really awesome, but I absolutely despise Oshawott's design in its entirety. We finally get a sea otter Pokemon and it looks like that. I want to like Oshawott since it would be nice to like the entire line and because it's a sea otter... but sadly, I just can't. It's atrocious.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

You see...I'm pretty much the opposite. Though I don't really hate any pokemon one of the ones I can tolerate a little less is Samurott.

I like Oshawott and Dewott a lot but Samurott just doesn't fit in with either of them. I want to like it since it's the final stage of one of my favorite starters and otters are my favorite animals...but I just can't bring myself to do much more than tolerate its existence. One of the biggest design flaws for me is its tail. I don't know, it just looks weird to me and it kind of makes it's design a bit too cluttered with everything else going on. If it was a longer or more like it's previous evolutions, I could just go "Oh the Sea Otters turned into a stylized Samurai Giant Otter with facial hair and shell armor!" But nope...we're stuck with the weird fan tailed Otter/Sea Lion thing.

i want to like absol but not good for competitive use
    WHITE 2: 2624-0822-5515
    I' lov'in this sig ^.^

Visit songokucrazy's Youtube Channel

i wanna like scizor (and i did back in the day) but ever since i started playing competitively i HATE it, i see it EVERY battle

Any Pokemon that came after Hoenn... It sounds terrible, but no matter how hard I try, nothing from Sinnoh and Unova have done it for me. For some reason, all of the Pokemon feel different, I'm not quite sure how to describe it. As a consequence though, I'm stuck with my good old GBA games (plus HG/SS) and rewatching the anime. For some specific examples though;

.Dialga/Palkia/Giratina- I loved the concept with the three of them, but something about their moves and designs, along with how they were all dragon types, just lost that classic feeling that legendaries like Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos had.

.Carnivine- It was just a bit too similar to Victreebel, but didn't execute the concept as well, or have the power to back it up either.

.Arceus- ... Pokemon was perfectly fine without there being a 'God' in existence, not to mention, I never found Arceus that cool.

.Darkrai- The whole nightmare thing, a lot of Pokemon already had that going in the early generation, and did it better too, plus, Dark Void.

.Infernape- Something about it just always bothered me, and I don't why...

.Pignite and Emboar- Tepig was okay for me at first... Then it was the third fire/fighting line in a row, and I really didn't like the whole wrestler motif either.

.Scarfty- It was just so... Well, it has a hoodie...

Well, I could go on and on, and list about two whole Pokedexes, but I won't, since I've already more than made my point, and I apologize to people who like Sinnoh and/or Unova, but they just aren't for me. And yes, I do want to like all of these Pokemon, I really do, but I just haven't been able to.

Seadra. Unlike Horsea and Kingdra which I think look great, I don't find Seadra's design appealing at all.

Sceptile. Same issue as above. Can't say that I totally dislike him though...it's so-so.

Lotad line. I like the type combination and Lotad's design but Lombre's and Ludicolo's design is a total cliche.

Jumpluff. I like him but the design is not as good as Hoppip's and Jumpluff's. They could've done better.

Ivysaur and Venusaur. They could have put more effort into their designs. Really dissapoitned about them.

Blaziken and Infernape. Like them overall but there is something about them that I dislike as well...not sure what it is...

Yanmega. Well Yanma is one of my favorite Pokemon but Yanmega looks a bit TOO monster-ish. It's so-so...

It's just mainly based on designs.

Listed by National Pokedex numbers;

- Ivysaur; Bulbasaur is one of my favourite starters and I like Venusaur. But Ivysaur is an unpleasant to look at it. Especially it's face.
    - Poliwrath; I love Poliwag, Poliwhirl and Politoed. And I also want to like Poliwrath. But it doesn't look like a naive Pokemon unlike its pre-evolved forms.
    - Meganium; I love Chikorita and I like Bayleef a lot. But Meganium just doesn't seem powerful enough to be a fully-evolved starter Pokemon. Also, I like the idea of growing flower on its neck but could have been better.
    - Totodile-line; I do not think further explanation isn't needed.
    - Misdreavus; Can't explain exactly. I just wanted to like it but I find myself to smack it to the death. In the Legend of Thunder part 3, when Attila catched it with bare hands and it was in pain, I was one of the happiest guys in the world.
    - Donphan; I like Phanpy as a baby Pokemon actually. But Donphan doesn't look like its an evolved form of Phanpy or related to it. Also I've always thought Ash's Donphan wasn't anything special.
    - Torchic; It's mainly coz of May actually. I never liked May and I never liked the fact that her Torchic didn't do anything actual to evolve. Although her Torchic was great as Combusken and I have nothing against Combusken.
    - Swampert; Exact opposite of Meganium. Way too offensive design and attitude.
    - Beldum; a Pokemon doesn't know any move aside Take Down with a likeable design? Definitely in the list.
    - Deerling; I like Sawsbuck and I think Deerling looks adorable. But way too soft, too.

I do not like most of Unova-region Pokemon and I do not want to for that matter.

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

I love Dewott and like Samurott but I don't like Oshawott that much. It's why I didn't pick one to be my player or partner in PMD, because I didn't want to look at it through the entire main storyline. :>

Mega Torchic.
    (I couldn't think of a good username so I used my fav pokemon)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast