Pokemon you want to like, but can't - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Pokemon you want to like, but can't

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon you want to like, but can't

Chandelure and Hydreigon.

I've honestly tried to like them both but I simply can't. In the case of Chandelure I already have a good, solid Ghost type on my team--my Golurk--and I can't justify putting a second Ghost on my team. I also have other Fire types that I rely upon, like Infernape so it there's no real point in using it. Hydreigon suffers from that as well; I have a Dark type on my team already and I don't use Dragons. I'm sure that they're both great, but I just can't get behind them.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    In a similar vein, Salamence. Salamence is a traditional European dragon, and that's cool. Plus it's blue, which is my favorite color. I want to like it so much that I used one for the post-game of White 2 (I had to farm for one in a Hidden Grotto for about three days. That's how commited I was to making it work) but since everybody's always tearing Dragonite down in favor of Salamence (Dragonite, y'know, the better one of the two) I just find myself defaulting back to the Kanto dragon every time.
    I used to appreciate Dragonite and now that I know its origin (Korean Dragons, it is a perfectly appropiate evoltion for Dragonair) I just keep liking it even more.
    ... But I still like Salamence better. MY NAME IS GARCHOMP RAWRRRR DRAGON RULEZZZ stole its thunder as the contrasting ferocious-yet-moderately dragon (the same way you can parallel Metagross to Tyranitar), and there's something about it I just like.

And on that note... Garchomp. In concept, I think it's pretty nice: A land shark thing. It takes some inspiration from hammerhead sharks even which are about some of the coolest animals out there.
    But it ended up being such an overhyped staple of SUPERFIERCE DRAGONS SO COOL even in-game, that I just can't stand to look at it. It retroactively made Salamence look like that (when it merely was a counterpart to Dragonite) It's vicious, but with no reason other than to look cool unlike Hydreigon (who is vicious by design). It also stole Sharpedo's thing.
    Maybe if it had been say, Dark/Ground or part-Water or something and made a bit more shark-like, my oppinion wouldn't be that.

[/overexposition]

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

Reshiram. Reshiram has the best typing ever, and it can hit everything in the game for at least neutral damage. But... that crotch...

Add Dawn<3 on Facebook

Pachirisu...Its darn cute...but it doesn't have a good move set and...but the point....it sucks in battle..

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Add reorio on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    I think Staraptor is one of these. One thing I like about Staraptor is the evolution it had over the previous birds, but I felt that Staraptor is too good for an early-game Pokemon. The problem I have with Staraptor is that for such an easy-to-obtain Pokemon, it is too good. This is why I don't think highly on Staraptor despite how great some people think since it has the dual combo of early-game and very good.

I suppose another thing I would like to like are Water-types. One thing that bugs me about Water-types is their intrinsic Ice-type coverage (especially Ice Beam), which gives them a very good type advantage against their adversaries. Even the Ice-types does not get an automatic Water coverage in return, so it's kind of one-way as far as coverage goes. This is the reason I am interested in only a handful of Water-types, particularly those Water/Ice-types (because their Ice coverage is justified), Seismitoad and possibly Keldeo.

Thanks for reading.
    What level does staraptor evolve at again, 34 or something? I don't think that's taht terrible, i actually prefer to have it evolve like da starters whereas braviary and the other bird in BW (forgets name) evolve at a ridicluos 54 or something... and they are in a one stage evolutionar line lol.

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

Lucario. I know how effective it is stats-and-movepool-wise, but I just can't bring myself to like it. I think it's the design coupled with the fact that everyone and their mother has one.

I will never learn to love Blaziken. I remember the look of disappointment on my face when I saw my Combusken evolve.

Blog Entries

I think it would be interesting to like Charizard... I mean, it seems that everybody loves it, except me. I just can't bring myself to like its design; The awful yellowish orange skin tone, the huge belly and the gigantic neck completely kills the lizard's design for me.

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mewtwo and Gyarados are my two. I know that they're both tough, and I have no idea why I don't care for them. I don't hate them, and their designs are great, but...
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Follow Avalanche Storm On Twitter
    Visit Avalanche Storm's Youtube Channel

Charizard, Dragonite, Palkia, Zekrom, and Serperior. Lot of people like them (especially Serperior, oh god), but it's hard to find them special. With X and Y coming out, there'll be more foxes, and I can't say I like Fennekin. Or Yvetal, for that matter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I think it would be interesting to like Charizard... I mean, it seems that everybody loves it, except me. I just can't bring myself to like its design; The awful yellowish orange skin tone, the huge belly and the gigantic neck completely kills the lizard's design for me.
    Yeah, ditto. I've tried to like 'Zard but I don't like the design and I can't justify having it on my team; there are other Fire types that I like a lot more. It's not for lack of trying but Charizard simply hasn't grown on me.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

The Badassest Gardevoir BadAssGardevoir's Avatar

Emboar: may have a relativity good movepool but a) doesn't look good to me and b) I find I REALY hard to use. Also the new X/Y legenderies and the new water and grass type starters.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Snivy, Servine, Serperior. As starters, their moveset is really bad. When I like certain starter lines, they have a moveset variety which unfortunately this line lacks and I just can't like them because of that.

Glingar, I just can't bring myself to like it. I also can't bring myself to like Cyrogonal, well at least, not its design.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast