Pokemon you like that no one else does!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Registered User FedoraWearingMarowak's Avatar

Default Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Everyone has that one Pokemon they have a soft spot for, but everyone else either hates it or doesn't remember it. It could be that they have fond memories of it, or they just like the Pokemon for reasons no one else sees.

The one Pokemon that always comes to my mind is Lickylicky. Most everyone likes Lickitung more then its rotund evolution, but Lickylicky holds a special place in my heart. When I was younger, me and my best friend would always go over to each others houses and play with our Pokemon plushies and figurines. I had a Lickylicky plush that my parents got me for my birthday, and he adored it more then I ever had. So on his birthday, I gave him the plushie as a present.
    So even if everyone else hates Lickylicky, I love the big guy because he always reminds me of my best friend.

What Pokemon do you like that no one else does? I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone says!

Default Re: Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Rhyperior. A lot of people seem to hate it and prefer Rhydon, but to me it's a massive improvement over Rhydon (Rhydon has one of the blandest design in the franchise to me). I like the whole miner and tank inspiration and it's one of my favourite rock types.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

Visit jackatlasred's Youtube Channel

Hmm. surskit, he's really weak, and not that great, but his movepool is extremely great, as well as hard hitting. Even if he is weak, his design does cheer me up.

Troy's current team also a link to the story

Blog Entries

I get the idea altaria is sometimes quite unappreciated, especially when compared to other dragons. But I just love it. Altaria's just so adorable! Not really what one tends to look for from a fully-evolved dragon type, but I really don't care. That's no reason to overlook just how pretty it is. I'd make a case for altaria as one of the very cutest pokemon ever.

So, yeah, altaria! Cute. <3
    Signed, Lord Kyuubi

I'm World Class Yang Xiao Long's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

Charizard. At least it seems like it around here some days XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Blog Entries

Rhyperior, Lickilicky, the elemental monkeys, Purrloin, Liepard, and Slurpuff are the major ones. I might also throw in Flareon and Delphox to a lesser extent since I don't see as much hate for these two as the others, but still discontent nonetheless.
    Last edited by Sakuraa; 29th April 2015 at 04:52 PM.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Follow Robo-Floatzel on Tumblr Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I see a lot of people love Buizel, but never it's evolution Floatzel for whatever reason, and I don't know why Floatzel is not talked about as much as it's previous form is. Also, I seem to be one of the few people who like Watchog, though I have noticed the hate for it has gone down in recent years.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries
    Add Neosquid on Facebook
    Follow Neosquid on Tumblr

doesn't get nearly enough love.

Humanity's Stongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter

A lot of people I see dont like the Chikorita line a whole lot, but I like them.

Thats the only example I can really think of right now.

Blog Entries

The Tepig family for me. Everyone prefers the Oshawott and Snivy families, deeming them the "superior" ones, but I think Tepig and its evolved forms deserve a little more credit. Sure, they were the third Fire/Fighting line, but they have greater ability than most people are willing to give it.

The Fennekin line is another example. Sure, I agree, the Froakie line is quite powerful and useful, and I do like it, but I retained my loyalty to the Fennekin line once everything was said and done, as I rather like the mage/witch theme. It may be a bit slow to learn new moves, but that, to me, represents how powerful magic works. It takes time to learn it, using everything before it as stepping stones. While Delphox isn't outright hated, it does seem to get some heat by those who don't like it (no pun intended).

Torterra is another one of my favorites. It's such a sturdy tank and it has a unique typing. Sure, a single Ice attack will cream it, but still, I like its concept, design, and power. Infernape and Empoleon tend to get all the glory, especially the latter, mainly thanks to the anime. While I don't mind Infernape, Empoleon rubs me the wrong way, especially after all the times I tried to use one and it failed miserable. Only Torterra and Infernape got me to the Sinnoh Leagues, while Empoleon did no such thing with me. But Torterra tends to be ignored in favor of the others, which I think it unjustified.

That's about all I can think of right now. Maybe I'll add more when I come up with others.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

A World Devoid of Colour graymelancholia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow graymelancholia on Tumblr

Avalugg is really awesome, but no one gives it any attention.

I have claimed N's Castle's theme, Sovngarde's theme, and Aurorus.

Somehow, Illumise, my favorite Pokemon, just doesn't get the respect it deserves, especially from Game Freak themselves. It's a wonderfully cute fairy-like Firefly design, and even knows many Fairy-type moves - but they never gave it Fairy typing for some reason. The trading card designs don't look well made either.

If they did give it Fairy Type, It would would be more under the spotlight, because, well... "Fay-rees!" ^_^
    My Friend Code: 2423-4578-3446
    IGN: Lanstar

Swood dis! Swood dat! Jimmy The Swood Guy's Avatar
    Follow Jimmy The Swood Guy On Twitter
    Follow Jimmy The Swood Guy on Tumblr Visit Jimmy The Swood Guy's Youtube Channel

Probopass. Seriously, everyone makes fun of it for the magnetic nose hairs. Which I get. But I find them so ridiculous that they make it awesome.

Hey, check out my story, One Big Conspiracy! I made it myself!
    CLAIMS: Honchkrow, Hex, Johto Pokedex (Gen. IV), Wise Glasses, The Scout, Judy Nails, Revy

Oh, let me count the ways:

Armaldo(?), Regice, Regirock, Regigigas, Claydol, Magneton, Meganium, Emboar, Quilladin, Grumpig, Shiftry, Palkia, Ledian, Lunatone, Solrock, Dusclops, Gastrodon, Sigilyph...

All of those don't seem to get much press, at least not nowadays. Except Regigigas, who everyone seems to hate for Slow Start. Oh, and people don't like Quilladin for looking "derpy."

Garchomp takeover! LordGarcholf's Avatar

- Helioptile, such cute eyes and smile. + the ears look like dogs' but Helioptile can still be identified as lizard/salamander.
    - Eelektross, an awesome bulky eel who'll eat your brain with derp face and massive arms!
    - Banette! This has been my favourite Ghost-type since RSE games! Gotta love the dex entries and design in general! Mega Banette is even more awesome! <3
    - Meowstic F, actually I like both; M has colors for my taste and prankster is awesome, F has better design otherwise. I hear I have facial expression in common with Meowstic F..
    - Seviper and Arbok, snakes are lovely.
    - Emolga, many people see it annoying but its the most adorable of Pikachu-clones in my opinion.
    - Drapion, found it boring at first but can't say it anymore. Wish it learned more crit-moves so it could be used as critical hit slaughterer more effectively than a wall. ;P
    - Skuntank and Stunky, cute smelling furballs which can fart not only gas but fire! X)

+ Some Pokemon which are just hated due to being "overrated". Actually there are quite many... (Mewtwo and its megas? Most canine Pokemon, dragons etc...)

Wonder if there's a Pokemon which no one really likes at all... I don't even know what Pokemon people commonly hate or love nowadays, so this is very much "past-experience-wise" and subjective approach. :P
    "There are currently 666 users online."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast