Pokemon world physics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon world physics

Default Pokemon world physics

Can you carry a 100 kg munchlax? Impossible! Well, Max carried a Munchlax in his back..How?! Even John Cena can't carry one!! This is because there are many errors in the physics of the pokemon world in the anime.

Well, I can't write all of them in one post. Check out this article in bulbapedia and we'll discuss about it here

Anime physics - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemon world physics

I was about to say, there's a whole page for that..... but nevermind.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

I think there may be an explanation for the "infinite bag" in the article. Read the third paragraph here:
    It's a White Tomorrow, Team Rocket! - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
    I think it's likely something similar could be made for storage.

So, I was playing Emerald today, and it got me wondering. My house. One staircase. Two floors. Top floor is same size as bottom floor. WAITAMINUTE. WHERE IS MY MOTHER'S ROOM? WHERE IS MAY'S PARENTS' ROOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Everywhen View Post
    So, I was playing Emerald today, and it got me wondering. My house. One staircase. Two floors. Top floor is same size as bottom floor. WAITAMINUTE. WHERE IS MY MOTHER'S ROOM? WHERE IS MAY'S PARENTS' ROOM!
    I'd choose that over realism... the game would be incredibly annoying if every house was so realistic that it contained several useless rooms. And the insides of houses would have to be huge.
    That's another thing -- In Pokémon (and pretty much all RPGs in general) houses are almost always a lot bigger on the outside than they are on the inside.

Follow クリスタル On Twitter

NEVER DISCUSS THE GAME IN TERMS OF REALISM!!
    This is a constant rule not only for Pokemon games, but for ALL RPG GAMES!! (Yes, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, Tales of series... all RPG games will be annoying if you have to say the size of the houses are unrealistically small)

If you want to discuss the physics of the Pokemon World, rather use the anime and manga canon.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Would Pokedex entries count for Pokemon World logic?

Quote Originally Posted by NacCrystal View Post
    NEVER DISCUSS THE GAME IN TERMS OF REALISM!!
    This is a constant rule not only for Pokemon games, but for ALL RPG GAMES!! (Yes, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, Tales of series... all RPG games will be annoying if you have to say the size of the houses are unrealistically small)

If you want to discuss the physics of the Pokemon World, rather use the anime and manga canon.
    WTF Pokemon will still take realism logic as part of the flaws they find in each Pokemon episode, followed by plotholes, poor writing, and 4kids edits.

Blog Entries

Visit Kira Akigari's Youtube Channel

Even the games have this HG&SS Lance hyper beamed a guy And survived
    Yeah

anyone think that wailords weight is extremely off i mean(800lbs) and this thing is 40 ft tall and thick that should have some extra zeros and some pokemon should much larger than they are

a munchlax should be maximum 35 kg not over 100 kg. they exaggerate pokemon information in the pokedex way too much and can't match it with the anime

in pokemon battles, pokemons 'float' when trainers are giving orders(i'll try to get a picture of that)

And,one more thing physics should'nt be too realistic in the anime,such as pikachu electrifying ash, charizard burning ash etc. these should be kept

Follow クリスタル On Twitter

I personally would not consider the attacking results to be one of the discussion-worthy physics, because that's is just one of the thing that will NEVER EVER be realistic in a kids-friendly show. In the Pokemon anime, the Pokemon attacks were mostly functioned as the "weapon" of the straight man in slapstick comedy, which were not used to hurt other, but just to hit the stooge.
    Even it is during battle, because the whole Pokemon franchise is targeted towards kids, the attacks will never be fatal, nor causing any after-effects or wounds after the battle. Yeah, the Pokemon will be heal automatically after battle, without the need of going to Pokemon Center nor using any items.

To say that is anime physics, rather say that is comedy physics. There is different between the two, because for the former one, it is still comparable to real-world physics, but not necessarily for the latter one.

Well, other than the attacks of the Pokemon, some other physics are certainly debatable, such as the height and weight of Pokemon, the technology of the Pokemon World, how Pokeballs work, how Pokemon Storage System works, the evolution of Pokemon, etc.
    I would like to see discussions on these thing that are not anything about results of Pokemon attacks hitting on human or other Pokemon.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

Blog Entries

I think that if backpacks worked like Pokeballs, there must be some kind of size cap and not a set algorithm to prevent some items from shrinking, otherwise something small like a paper clip would suddenly become too tiny to pick up. Most objects such as tents, camp stoves, chairs, tables, etc would come with their own separate "shrink button" to prevent the item from awkwardly enlarging in your face upon removing it from the pack. Sleeping bags probably have some kind of hidden safety feature to prevent shrinking while a person, Pokemon, etc is inside.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Dragonair is 13ft tall yet Dragonite is 6"6 i think why the size decrease this contradicts evolution

This thing is very common-
    When someone throws pokeballs they seem to 'float' upwards(and sometimes they don't even fall down!)

Another thing-
    Some moves explode when they clearly cannot, such as a Bite attack.
    Last edited by PokemonTrainer; 2nd October 2012 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainer View Post
    This thing is very common-
    When someone throws pokeballs they seem to 'float' upwards(and sometimes they don't even fall down!)

Another thing-
    Some moves explode when they clearly cannot, such as a Bite attack.
    Ah yes, the rush line anime shot. Quite typical in your standard Pokémon episode, given that it's used for lots of shots - Ash preparing a Poké Ball, attacks being used (this one being particularly common), though they do occasionally deviate from that and show the background as is.

As for the attacks exploding while they can't, what about Hyper Beam in the Animated Trailer? Sure, that might be a given because it's extremely powerful and all, but to delay such an explosion?
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast