Pokemon World cultures and races - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon World cultures and races

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

*bangs head on desk* How could I forget MORTY? x__X;
    Last edited by Kasumi; 4th July 2005 at 09:18 PM.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Tsk, tsk. Shame on you, Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries

And if we're not just going by the anime here (seeing as how this is the Pokemon World forum and is apparently meant to encompass ALL the Pokemon worlds), there's also Hazel, Peanut, Pistachio, Sandy, Caraway, Haruka (in Chamo-Chamo Pretty), and the almighty Yellow. And sometimes Karen.

Blog Entries

Damn right this is about more than just the anime
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

Then scratch anything I said about blondes *shuts up and goes away*

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsuban
    And if we're not just going by the anime here (seeing as how this is the Pokemon World forum and is apparently meant to encompass ALL the Pokemon worlds), there's also Hazel, Peanut, Pistachio, Sandy, Caraway, Haruka (in Chamo-Chamo Pretty), and the almighty Yellow. And sometimes Karen.
    Karen's light Blue. And what's your source about Magical Journey's characters' hair? Magical Journey is manga. From characters of Pokemon Magical Journey i've seen in colour only Hazel and Coco.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cover art.

Blog Entries

Hazel- cover art
    Peanut- cover art (in the Japanese volumes, the first couple of pages of each book are in colour)
    Pistachio- cover art from a chapter when it ran in Ciao
    Sandy- cover art (see Peanut)
    Caraway- Table of Contents art (see Peanut)
    Haruka- cover art

Java Girl Barb's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

And bear in mind that many blondes, along with many redheads and brunettes, aren't born that way. Flannery's hair is almost pink; Misty's is orange; Prima's is deep auburn. I'm assuming one or all of them is hitting the (Loreal) bottle once in a while.

Blog Entries

We're talking about a world where no one questions blue or green hair, yo.

Hey, it's anime. Of course noone questions it. Of course, there are some people IRL whose hair looks kinda bluish depending on how the light hits it...

When I try to picture characters realistically, I usually make these associations with natural hair colors (unless they're supposed to be kinda eccentric, in which case I assume their hair is dyed):

Silver, white, gray (if the character is young), light blue, light purple: Light blond
    Light orange: Blond
    Light green: Dark blond
    Green, dark green: Brown with blond streaks or a blond tint
    Orange: Light red
    Pink: Red
    Purple, dark purple: Brown with red streaks or a red tint
    Blue, dark blue: Black

Thank you Jolty for the banner!
    Pokémon Messageboards I Visit:
    Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden ~ Serebii's Pokemon Page
    My LiveJournal
    "Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance
    "I am dead serious. I am not that pretty." ~Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance

Back to the religion thing, wouldn't you say Sprout Tower is a buddhist pagoda??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roses Ablaze
    Hey, it's anime. Of course noone questions it. Of course, there are some people IRL whose hair looks kinda bluish depending on how the light hits it...

When I try to picture characters realistically, I usually make these associations with natural hair colors (unless they're supposed to be kinda eccentric, in which case I assume their hair is dyed):

Silver, white, gray (if the character is young), light blue, light purple: Light blond
    Actually, I'Ve seen a few (young) people with hair so light (pale) it might as well be called "white".

And I'd say the blue/dark blue hair are actually blue-tinged (ie, the light reflects in blueish tinges off it) black hair.
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 12th August 2005 at 11:21 PM.
    Sooooo...watch out!

Java Girl Barb's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

It might be. Representations of Shinto temples have appeared in other animes. It's entirely possible a Buddhist pagoda was the inspiration for Sprout Tower.

Blog Entries

I thought that was obvious.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast