Pokemon that should lose their legendary status - Page 3

View Poll Results: Do you like having a lot of legendary Pokemon?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the more the merrier

22 33.85%
  • No, too many legendaries

43 66.15%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon that should lose their legendary status

Blog Entries
    Follow Ghost On Twitter

Default Re: Pokemon that should lose their legendary status

Manaphy/Phione and possibly Heatran.

Definitely Latias/Latios... they just don't seem to play the part. I didn't know Phione/Manaphy were legendaries until just now actually. *maybe* Heatran and Cresselia. Shaymin doesn't seem like a legendary either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Escther View Post
    Shaymin doesn't seem like a legendary either.
    With all the pain I went through to get one, it better be!

Faithful Contestshipper.

IT'S A CLEMUSKETEER!!! IslandWalker's Avatar
    Guatemala, the country full of COD-obsessed bullies.
    Blog Entries

Phione shouldn't be a legendary, and Heatran has genders (both, unlike Latis and Cresselia). Both should be kicked out of the legendary family.

None. Game Freak can define Legendary Pokemon however they want, since it's their games, and they haven't really given a concrete definition of Legendary Pokemon. And even if they had, as it's their game, they can continue to tweak and mess with that definition as much as they see fit, as the game series ages. They're the ones that choose where to put down the boundaries, and since they aren't exactly letting us see fully where the boundaries are, it's pretty difficult and would be presumptuous of me to say that they put them in the wrong spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandWalker View Post
    Phione shouldn't be a legendary, and Heatran has genders (both, unlike Latis and Cresselia). Both should be kicked out of the legendary family.
    Really (Lati siblings, but not Heatran)? In GSC, which introduced genders, all Legendaries had genderless. RSE broke the patten by giving Latias/Latios genders. This was inconsistent with the previous "traits of legendaries" up to that point, which would make them just as much not Legendaries as Heatran is, under that logic. If you're actually recognizing the fact that the traits of Legendaries can be shifted over generations, as you are by calling the Lati@s Legendaries, then you must also recognize that this can continue to be done in successive generations, and due to this stuff like Phione and Heatran can be considered Legendaries just fine. Not liking particular Legendaries if fine, but just state that if that's the case, and don't try to argue certain Pokemon out of being Legendaries by appealing to certain traits of them being defined and unchangeable, while at the same time saying that others are Legendaries because... traits can change, over generations.

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Heatran just doesn't have a legend to him. Latios and Latias do... sorta...

The anime explained it far better than the games did.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Heatran just doesn't have a legend to him. Latios and Latias do... sorta...

The anime explained it far better than the games did.
    Meh... Heatran has a connection to Stark Mountain. That's good enough for me. It's more than what some of the original Legendary Pokemon had, gamewsie... Namely, the Bird Trio (3/5 of the original Legendaries). They were pretty much just put into the Seafoam Islands, Power Plant, and... Victory Road (don't know why they didn't just put Moltres into the Cinnabar Manison or at least something vaguely Fire-like, as they bothered to put the other two in themed locations), and were pretty much... well, just there. Their original Pokedex entries aren't really that much better than Heatran's either, beyond directly referring to them as Legendary Pokemon. Other than that, they just said "yeah, this Pokemon's a Legend, and here's a random tidbit about it, just like most other Pokedex entries" instead of really focusing on that Legendary aspect. Thankfully, we ended up getting the second movie to help elaborate on the birds (although, their appearances within the anime itself since then have been mixed--sometimes they come off as actually being Legendary, like the Moltres in the Indigo League did, and other times they just seem more "rare and powerful Pokemon", like Noland's Articuno)... But within the games themselves, they pretty much just seem to be in the same boat as Heatran to me, which really makes it interesting to me that people seem to complain about Heatran the most out of the more recent Legendaries, when it seems to me to be most like the original Legendaries.

Blog Entries

The more the merrier. :P
    What's with all the Heatran hate?

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

I'd drop Manaphy and Phione from the legendaries list, but otherwise legendaries are cool. :p

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateSephiroth View Post
    I'd drop Manaphy and Phione from the legendaries list, but otherwise legendaries are cool. :p
    Agreed
    2 utterly useless legendaries.

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Heatran, it has both genders, but that's also the only reason to remove it's status as a legendary.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiron View Post
    Really (Lati siblings, but not Heatran)? In GSC, which introduced genders, all Legendaries had genderless. RSE broke the patten by giving Latias/Latios genders. This was inconsistent with the previous "traits of legendaries" up to that point, which would make them just as much not Legendaries as Heatran is, under that logic. If you're actually recognizing the fact that the traits of Legendaries can be shifted over generations, as you are by calling the Lati@s Legendaries, then you must also recognize that this can continue to be done in successive generations, and due to this stuff like Phione and Heatran can be considered Legendaries just fine. Not liking particular Legendaries if fine, but just state that if that's the case, and don't try to argue certain Pokemon out of being Legendaries by appealing to certain traits of them being defined and unchangeable, while at the same time saying that others are Legendaries because... traits can change, over generations.
    Hetran can be male or female, implying that there is more than one, while Latios is always male an Latias is always female.
    Secret butt fun!

Avatar made by this guy. I have a YouTube account and a twitter.
    In Soviet Bulbagarden, anime is butthurt over all aspects of YOU!

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Mewtwo. How can a Pokeon created by Humans only recently be considered Legendary?

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How long something have been a legend is irrelevant for the fact that it is a legend or not, you are apparently "legend making" when you conquer Kanto in HGSS (don't know about GSC), thus you are consider a legend in Pokemon World.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I was saying Legendary as in Mythical which is what all the other 'Legendary' Pokemon are.(Except Deoxys, maybe)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast