Pokemon that should lose their legendary status - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you like having a lot of legendary Pokemon?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the more the merrier

22 33.85%
  • No, too many legendaries

43 66.15%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon that should lose their legendary status

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemon that should lose their legendary status

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLittleMew View Post
    I totally agree. I also think that phione, manaphy, darkrai and cresselia shouldn't be legendary. I'm in two minds about regirock, regice and registeel i think they're more rare than legendary to be honest.
    that's why the people of acient times went for so many trouble to seal them away and why they feared them (it's written in braille)? The regi's are legendaries for sure.

In a place.... Where the Rent is Too Damn High
    Blog Entries

A Pokemon that should definetly be un-legenderied is Phione. I mean in all honesty,Buneary beat it!

Why do we feel this way about Darkrai and Cresselia? To me they are the only ones of their kind, locked eternally in a sort of tragic dual/dance, a sad and beautiful game of cat and also cat. Theirs is a connection that blurs the line between longing and loathing. They are... THE CHASE.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Of the existing Legendary Pokémon, the only ones who do not seem like Legendary Pokémon to me are Mewtwo, (Rotom,) Manaphy & Phione. All the other Legendaries are... mythical and somewhat mysterious. *nods*

...Seriously, Manaphy are just rare, but still completely regular Pokémon (except for the whole breeding thing, but that's hardly worth a Legendary status)...

Then again, what do I know; I'm just a researcher! *laughs*

Thanks to Demotei of the SPPf for the perfect sprite~

The Weirdest Tower Tycoon Nevando's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Why?

Super why?

Really?

Alright, I'm just gonna stop quoting the individual pokes and basically I disagree in entirety.

Basically, I think that GF should have stuck with their formula for legendaries. One regular legendary trio (birds, beasts, golems, pixies), one more "superpower" legendary than the previous generation (Gen I had Mewtwo, Gen II had Ho-Oh and Lugia, Gen III had Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza and Gen IV has Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus) and one "cutsey", hard to find legend (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin).
    Legendary Pokémon are the most fun to catch and are just really awesome. With so much of people wanting Game Freak to change the formula of the Pokémon games, you'd think they'd be excited by breaking away from this one too, especially since it made a lot more enjoyable captures.

Blog Entries

Any legendary that's breedable. That means Rotom and Manaphy. And Phione too.

Faithful Contestshipper.

Blog Entries

I'd rather have more of th ekinds you can actually catch in the game not the event ones...or ones you have to trade from another game to get it inside the game your playing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu200 View Post
    I'd rather have more of th ekinds you can actually catch in the game not the event ones...or ones you have to trade from another game to get it inside the game your playing
    I agree. While having legendary as event makes them harder to get, and therefore reinforce that they are ledendary, it makes it such a bummer to have to wait for the events to happen.

Blog Entries

I disagree with this. Personally, I think all of the legendaries deserve their legendary status.

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Why Heatran? It had a plot in DPPt. And it's pretty strong, IMO. The hate for it is undeserved.

Seriously? The whole good/bad thing going on is amazing. It's a shame they didn't expand on their story a bit in Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum.

Basically, I think that GF should have stuck with their formula for legendaries. One regular legendary trio (birds, beasts, golems, pixies), one more "superpower" legendary than the previous generation (Gen I had Mewtwo, Gen II had Ho-Oh and Lugia, Gen III had Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza and Gen IV has Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus) and one "cutsey", hard to find legend (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin). That's it. Regigigas gets a special pass for expanding the underdeveloped Regi myth but the rest don't.
    Since when was there any formula for legendaries? If they actually had formula like that for each generation, speculation would be very bland and repetitive. The differing amounts of legendaries is interesting and fun to speculate about.

Less legendaries = less interesting plot/game, IMO. The more legendaries, the more interesting.

And I chose the yes. I love the current amount of legendaries. So "the more the merrier" I say.

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sorocoroto View Post
    I agree. While having legendary as event makes them harder to get, and therefore reinforce that they are ledendary, it makes it such a bummer to have to wait for the events to happen.
    Plus some are like at toys r us or some other place and it's not like the parents can agree for a taxi drive up there

Blog Entries
    Follow Takoto On Twitter
    Follow Takoto on Tumblr

Manaphy and Phione, defiantly. And Rotom, if people still actually think it is a call it a legendary.

Maybe Heatran. Maybe.

But that's all.

~Giovanni Fan|★|Silver Fan~
    ★ An Illustration student from the UK; with a particular love of black tea, cats, deer, jellyfish, octopus, moths and the colour purple ★
    ♥ Umbreon, Gardevoir, Drifloon, Joltik, Gengar, Malamar ♥ Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Darkrai, Xerneas ♥
    ~ DeviantArtTwitterTumblr ~

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'd say Heatran because it's the only legendary that can be of any gender (and there's only one of it in the video games).

I think we should make Dunsparce a legendary, just to piss everyone off.

The Dude Abides

Well, Heatran, obviously. It's only a legendary because it's WAAAAAAAAAY more powerful than any non-evolved Pokemon should be. But it CAN BE MALE OR FEMALE. I only want it de-legendaried, really, so there can be baby Heatran. ^______^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
    I think we should make Dunsparce a legendary, just to piss everyone off.
    I second that :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast