pokemon in the safari zone

Thread: pokemon in the safari zone

Blog Entries

Default pokemon in the safari zone

i was thinking, if the pokemon in the safari zone can't be found anywhere else in the region, are they even native to that region? because the safari zone is kinda like a zoo, and some if the pokemon can be found normally in other regions. so did the wardens take pokemon from other regions to promote their park, or are the pokemon just naturally found in the area where the safari zone is located

Quack, Quack, Quack. Ducky Momo's Avatar

Default Re: pokemon in the safari zone

I think the Pokemon move there after the banks buy out their house ^^"

All jokes aside, I think the Pokemon just came there... I don't think Nintendo has given an explanation yet.
    Quack, Quack, Quack.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it's like a zoo. The pokemon aren't usually native.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

I guess that brings us to the OP's question. D: Chansey, for example. What if she's not really a Kanto Pokemon? The only place Chansey appear in the wild are in Shinnoh, right?

Ooh, then a theory could be that they imported Chansey from Shinnoh to show them off in Kanto, but it took the poor Chansey a while to change from cold climate to the much-warmer Kanto climate. Many of them died out, which is why there are so very, very, VERY few to find for many people. And why they're rare in Kanto, but not in Shinnoh.

...random silliness. I'm on an energy drink high, so I can come up with something this silly. OTL But still, it sounds possible, no? I know it doesn't explain Blissey in Johto, but it DOES make sense for Happiny being a Shinnoh Pokemon naturally. Somehow. OTL
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Its mixture of pokémon not found anywhere else in the region (like Tauros & Exeggcute) and those only found in specific areas (like the Nidos & Doduo). They're all imported into an environment managed by conservation workers, I believe (the safari zone itself) which is unlike any other area of Kanto and therefore allows those different, exotic kinds of pokemon to live there.

So yeah, some pokémon are from Gen 1 but not from Kanto, but able to live in the managed managed biome of the safai zone, a bit like the Eden Project.

And I think that's made even clearer in Gen 2 when you go back to Kanto. The Safari zone's not really there anymore, or rather, with the lack of conservation work by the Safari Zone workers there, it seems to have turned into different type of environment, taken over by the natural Kantoan flora (if you take the Gen II beta map for the safari zone into account) and as such the pokemon can no longer be found.
    Last edited by Green Zubat; 3rd December 2010 at 09:44 AM.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

hi

Well, I always thought there were many Pokemon who aren;t from the region that they are normally accociated with.

For instance, I always figured that Farfetch'd are orginally from Johto since you have to trade to get them in G/R/B, though in yellow you can find them in the wild but since the Farfetch'd in that game are located near Safari Zone they were probably imported to the sarfari zone but then escaped.

Same goes for Lickitung.
    Last edited by coolcatkim22; 3rd December 2010 at 09:08 PM.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Blog Entries

I see the Safari Zone is a giant game preserve that would import pokémon for conservation purposes and let trainers catch the surplus produced by captive breeding.

That or the Safari Zone is a game park where they captive breed pokémon solely for trainers to catch.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's probably a sort of conservation method since some of the Pokemon in there are sometimes rare or uncommon in their own region.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

I have to agree with the pokemon being deported to the safari zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Red View Post
    I guess that brings us to the OP's question. D: Chansey, for example. What if she's not really a Kanto Pokemon? The only place Chansey appear in the wild are in Shinnoh, right?

Ooh, then a theory could be that they imported Chansey from Shinnoh to show them off in Kanto, but it took the poor Chansey a while to change from cold climate to the much-warmer Kanto climate. Many of them died out, which is why there are so very, very, VERY few to find for many people. And why they're rare in Kanto, but not in Shinnoh.

...random silliness. I'm on an energy drink high, so I can come up with something this silly. OTL But still, it sounds possible, no? I know it doesn't explain Blissey in Johto, but it DOES make sense for Happiny being a Shinnoh Pokemon naturally. Somehow. OTL
    I have reached enlightenment...

IT'S A CLEMUSKETEER!!! IslandWalker's Avatar
    Guatemala, the country full of COD-obsessed bullies.
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I aree with the idea that the Pokemon themselves are specially bred, and in some cases like Johto's imported. That explains Kangaskhan, Scyther, and all those other guys. As for the Hoenn and SINNOH Pokemon in Johto's, they obviously were imported.

WORK MAKES YOU FREE Shokktrooper's Avatar

It is mainly like a zoo. For example, Kanto may have Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh Pokemon (maybe Unova), but it also has Kanto Pokemon that are extremely rare in the wild.

Blog Entries
    Follow Ghost On Twitter

I believe that Pokémon in the Safari Zone are specifically bred/imported for trainers to capture. Only a few of them are found in the wild, and many of them can't be found anywhere else.