Pokemon MMORPG Concept {New Update Out 1.5}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Pokemon MMORPG Concept {New Update Out 1.5}

  1. #1
    Highly Respected Trainer Harubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    81
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Harubi On Twitter Add Harubi on Facebook
    Visit Harubi's Youtube Channel

    Arrow Pokemon MMORPG Concept {New Update Out 1.5}

    I'm an 19 year old student from the Netherlands working on a Pokemon MMORPG Concept, which i'm going to try and present to Nintendo.
    I know i know....it's going to be a hard task..
    But if i can get whatever is in my head on paper....it will be a great concept for a game.
    I already figured the Battle system etc. out I just need to get everything to fit in with the actual series.

    The game is called Pokémon Universe

    It's a thought i've been having in my head and i'm seriously working it out, the best i can.
    But i ofcourse cannot do this on my own.
    So I would like some volunteers that would enjoy helping me fill out the blank spots that i have so far, and ofcourse help me further along this concept.
    Because it's far from done yet.
    I already managed to get alot of information from Bulbapedia...so i thought, what better place to ask, than my old Bulbagarden forum! ^^ (Note Join Date, lol)

    I just need like four or five people that would help me finish this concept.


    Note: This is a serious attempt.
    Note #2: This is a rough sketch, don't mind typo's, if there are any.


    I'll add a link to this post, so you can see what i got so far.

    Please no flaming =)

    Kind Regards,

    Harubi

    **************************************************************************************************** ********
    Teaser:

    Pokemon Universe will be an MMORPG where players from all around the world are able to train, battle and trade with each other.
    Anyone that knows Pokémon, knows that this concept has a lot of potential as a multi massive online role playing game.
    In this huge, detailed description, I will show you what I would want this game to be like.

    When a child reaches his tenth birthday, he will officially be able to travel around the world as a Pokémon trainer.
    However in this game, you have a lot more options available to you!



    Progress
    http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/79928/Pokemon-Universe-Online-doc.html Sketch
    http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/80012/Pokemon-Universe-Online-doc.html Update 1.0
    http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/80109/Pokemon-Universe-Online-doc.html Update 1.5
    http://www.2shared.com/file/4038505/2b127f6f/Pokemon_Universe_Online.html Update 1.5.1 (Forgot to save some things)
    Last edited by Harubi; 4th October 2008 at 03:47 PM.

  2. #2
    The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Why do you care
    Posts
    59,627
    Blog Entries
    151
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

    Default

    you got a lot of good things what I like the most is how you can choose different ages for your trainer, and how you can choose what you wanna be.

    you still need a few things probably for choosing paths you should do like trainers can choose if they wanna be bad trainers or good ones or if they wanna be coordinators or rangers, and about the ages I think it'll be better if you also put a mode when your trainer grows instantly like when you get to a certain part of the game.

    I think this will be a good game i'll see what I can do to help you

  3. #3
    Highly Respected Trainer Harubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    81
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Harubi On Twitter Add Harubi on Facebook
    Visit Harubi's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Thank you elleryferrer for your input.
    I've been working the whole day on updating my concept and what i got so far, makes me quite satisfied.

    I still really need the following stuff.

    - More Region information and ideas.
    - Perhaps more detail on the classes.


    I will upload the updated concept in a few minutes.

    PS. this will be edited in the main post.

    Kind Regards.
    Last edited by Harubi; 4th October 2008 at 05:26 AM.

  4. #4
    A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Nowhere special
    Posts
    17,517
    Blog Entries
    273

    Default

    You're never going to be taken seriously if you use words like "idea's" or "regin", you realize. You have to present yourself professionally if, as you say, this is a serious attempt.

    Also I'm moving this to Geeky Misc since it's more about a programmed thing than a strictly written thing.

  5. #5
    when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    Didn't Nintendo get a full fledged idea from one of the 3rd parties working close with them? I thought it was High Voltage games, but I really can't remember. I don't think Nintendo's ready to be dealing into that, but they probably have a bunch of ideas. They probably don't want to do a MMO until they can see if they can profit off of this, and still sell all other pokemon games. The best thing you can do is make your ideas vocal and they may show up in future games.

    I still say it's best to not put too much effort into ideas for games you don't have the rights to. Even if you work for the company, unless you have good standings it'll probably go no where, and in the mean time you could be working on your own personal projects and getting up demos to where you are in control.

    [goes to read]
    ------
    real quick edit before I get into the paper, if you are going to still pursue this then I can hypocritically post some links to a few ideas I had for a pokemon online game.

    --------
    Edit2: Uh... don't confuse this for volunteering to help (because my plate is really, really full) I just was going to tack on ideas if you were going to be serious about this, lol.
    Last edited by bell02+; 3rd October 2008 at 09:47 PM.

  6. #6
    Highly Respected Trainer Harubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    81
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Harubi On Twitter Add Harubi on Facebook
    Visit Harubi's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    You're never going to be taken seriously if you use words like "idea's" or "regin", you realize. You have to present yourself professionally if, as you say, this is a serious attempt.

    Also I'm moving this to Geeky Misc since it's more about a programmed thing than a strictly written thing.
    Excuse me and my spelling mistakes.
    I'm also from the Netherlands, so i do tend to make some grammatical mistakes, here and there.

    I missed out on alot of sleep while working on this, hence the errors...but do not worry.... i will edit them, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by bell02+ View Post
    Didn't Nintendo get a full fledged idea from one of the 3rd parties working close with them? I thought it was High Voltage games, but I really can't remember. I don't think Nintendo's ready to be dealing into that, but they probably have a bunch of ideas. They probably don't want to do a MMO until they can see if they can profit off of this, and still sell all other pokemon games. The best thing you can do is make your ideas vocal and they may show up in future games.

    I still say it's best to not put too much effort into ideas for games you don't have the rights to. Even if you work for the company, unless you have good standings it'll probably go no where, and in the mean time you could be working on your own personal projects and getting up demos to where you are in control.

    [goes to read]
    ------
    real quick edit before I get into the paper, if you are going to still pursue this then I can hypocritically post some links to a few ideas I had for a pokemon online game.

    --------
    Edit2: Uh... don't confuse this for volunteering to help (because my plate is really, really full) I just was going to tack on ideas if you were going to be serious about this, lol.
    It's fine, i already appriciate it, that you are actually taking the time to look the concept.

    I know that it's a long shot, but these ideas have been running through my head for a while, and if i don't put them on paper, i'll end up regretting that i didn't.
    I am also aware that the chance of Nintendo actually getting into this is really small, but i'm optimistic and i'll continue this, because you never know....

    I could ofcourse always use any links that would help me get some more ideas for my concept, so by all means, post post post! :)


    PS. Do you guys see the concept logo i posted in the document?
    I'm asking this because i sometimes have to click on the spot i placed them, in order for them to appear.
    Last edited by Harubi; 4th October 2008 at 05:31 AM.

  7. #7
    The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Why do you care
    Posts
    59,627
    Blog Entries
    151
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

    Default

    I think you should give the gymleaders new pokemon that are kinda up to the level of the trainer like depending on what level the trainer is the level of the pokemon, you can also give the elite four new pokemon too.

  8. #8
    Highly Respected Trainer Harubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    81
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Harubi On Twitter Add Harubi on Facebook
    Visit Harubi's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elleryferrer View Post
    I think you should give the gymleaders new pokemon that are kinda up to the level of the trainer like depending on what level the trainer is the level of the pokemon, you can also give the elite four new pokemon too.


    Haha that was exactly what i already had in mind.
    Not sure about giving them new pokemon though.... i might...but then again i want to stick to the orginals as much as possible.

    I already have this idea of being able to battle against Ash, Kenta, Misty, Brock, etc.
    Last edited by Harubi; 4th October 2008 at 10:43 AM.

  9. #9
    The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Why do you care
    Posts
    59,627
    Blog Entries
    151
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

    Default

    who's kenta sorry it's just that i have only seen the dub chapters.

    although that's a good idea and you don't have to get new pokemon it's just so that you can give more variety but hey your the game maker keep going i am cheering you on.

  10. #10
    Highly Respected Trainer Harubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    81
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Harubi On Twitter Add Harubi on Facebook
    Visit Harubi's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Kenta is the guy with the Typhlosion, in the Pokemon Raiko series.
    I already decided that Brock will not be Pewter City's Gym leader.
    I still want to keep it as accurate as possible, so i'm wondering who took Pewter City over while he's traveling with Ash....is it his Father?
    And if so can anyone give me some information about that.

    I might keep Misty in because she returns to Cerulean City as a Gym Leader, right?

    I also just had the idea of implementing a leaderboard, showing the top trainers and after a while, i want the highest level trainer to have the option to own his own Gym.
    Every region will get one Gym.
    And the trainer gets to name and create his own badge. with a 50x50 pixel image.
    To make it look like an actual badge, i will not allow custom created ones, unless they present it to the staff. If they approve it, they will upload it.
    Untill then the player will be able to choose between diffrent badge shapes, textures and ofcourse colour.

  11. #11
    The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Why do you care
    Posts
    59,627
    Blog Entries
    151
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

    Default

    that's a good plan and I know who took over brock when he left it was he's brother forester is shown in one of the battle frontier episodes and he also has Brock's steelex and he's geodude.

    and it's a good idea to give a strong trainer he's own gym and that they can create their own badge is the best i sense that a great game is being created right now and nintendo will make a big error not accept it.

    by the way kenta's name in the dubs is Jimmy just so you know.

  12. #12
    Highly Respected Trainer Harubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    81
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Harubi On Twitter Add Harubi on Facebook
    Visit Harubi's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elleryferrer View Post
    that's a good plan and I know who took over brock when he left it was he's brother forester is shown in one of the battle frontier episodes and he also has Brock's steelex and he's geodude.

    and it's a good idea to give a strong trainer he's own gym and that they can create their own badge is the best i sense that a great game is being created right now and nintendo will make a big error not accept it.

    by the way kenta's name in the dubs is Jimmy just so you know.
    I'm glad you are as excited about this as i am.
    I'm going to post another update in a few minutes...just making some little adjustsments on the new sections i've added.

    Stay tuned!

    **************************************************************************************************** ********
    And here it is!
    I revised it a little bit to make it look a bit better.

    http://www.2shared.com/file/4038505/2b127f6f/Pokemon_Universe_Online.html Update 1.5.1 (Forgot to save some things)
    Last edited by Harubi; 4th October 2008 at 03:36 PM.

  13. #13
    The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Why do you care
    Posts
    59,627
    Blog Entries
    151
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

    Default

    hey how can I download it from 2shared it doesn't say where to download it there.

  14. #14
    Highly Respected Trainer Harubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    81
    Blog Entries
    4
    Follow Harubi On Twitter Add Harubi on Facebook
    Visit Harubi's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elleryferrer View Post
    hey how can I download it from 2shared it doesn't say where to download it there.
    Save file to your PC: click here

    Should be in the right corner of that little window, on the page ... ehehe... works for me.


  15. #15
    The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Why do you care
    Posts
    59,627
    Blog Entries
    151
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

    Default

    hey didn't you said you were gonna put another pewter gymleader.

    and how is the project going for me i think it's pretty good keep going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •