Pokemon "energy"

Thread: Pokemon "energy"

Registered User Naruchu_believe_it's Avatar

Default Pokemon "energy"

Maybe the "energy" is meant to signify there blood...And they faint due to lack of blood....Maybe that's only in the games.
    I WUV krazyshipping,sparkshipping[pikachuxsparky],pikashipping,pikacloneshipping[with pikachu as the girl..even thought the clone is definally a girl but I'll make her a boy.],lagomorphshipping[not much...I don't like buneary...much *cough,yea right,cough*..but pikachu is a girl and buneary is a boy.]and...Bulbashipping,mewmewshipping,mewmeowthshipping,squirttleshipping ^^

Nothing of interest here Perxio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naruchu_believe_it View Post
    Maybe the "energy" is meant to signify there blood...And they faint due to lack of blood....Maybe that's only in the games.
    ...what?

...no. It just grows too exhausted to fight, or even too hurt, but that doesn't seem like real injury happens much in the show- they get exhausted. Or else they're knocked out. Like it's called. I really don't think there's much more to that aspect, if you're referring to HP...it's just a measurement of how much they can take. Again, as the name hints. That's just about it.

Blog Entries

...yeah, I thought you were talking about the TCG Energies. And so I imagined a Pokémon being wounded and tiny Energy balls spewing out.

Anyway, Satoshi Tajiri has said that he believes there should never be any blood in Pokémon. So no (although that didn't stop a Charizard from bleeding in the neck from bite marks in The Electric Tale of Pikachu). I imagine the way knocking out is portrayed in the anime is how it is in the games too, like Ralli said.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Blog Entries

Pokemon seem to have two types of energy:

Life energy

It is most commonly seen as Hit points. I call this an energy because of moves like Leech seed or Giga Drain is able to drain it. It is their stamina, their life force, and their will to fight. When it gets to a certain extent, the Pokemon faints so they do not use up the rest of their life force. When a Pokemon reaches 0 HP, it does not mean it's life force is gone, it means that it has passed the point in which it is able to perform safetly.

Offensive energy

This is in the form of Power points. This is not an energy a Pokemon can absorb, but it is an energy it is able to drain with moves such as Grudge and Spite. This is the energy that gives it the ability to fight

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "L" View Post
    Offensive energy

This is in the form of Power points. This is not an energy a Pokemon can absorb, but it is an energy it is able to drain with moves such as Grudge and Spite. This is the energy that gives it the ability to fight
    I'm guessing that, based on that explanation, Struggle is a last-ditch attempt at fighting which rather than consuming PP uses up HP.

As for Shadow moves and their infinite PP, I'm guessing that's as a result of their genetic modification.
    no moar sig 4 u D=<

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    As for Shadow moves and their infinite PP, I'm guessing that's as a result of their genetic modification.
    If it was genetic modification, then shouldn't it be almost totally permanent? Like there was no way to get rid of the shadowness without gene thearpy?

Nothing actually suggested that creating shadow Pok&#233;mon involves genetic manipulation. It's more to do with adjusting their moral compass. Brainwashing them. Tainting their very life force.

Actually, I have theories that are simlair to the ones presented so far. All Pok&#233;mon have a life force which allows them to preform their attacks (It could go by many names and many forms, such as Aura.)

The attack Aura Sphere can hone in on this life force and that's why it always hits.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    I'm guessing that, based on that explanation, Struggle is a last-ditch attempt at fighting which rather than consuming PP uses up HP.

Exactly, in a life or death situation, the Pokemon will be willing to use their life-force energy in order to fight it's opponent. As I have already mentioned, when HP drops to zero, the Pokemon is no longer able to draw from it's life force and is in a state of deep sleep that we call "fainting." If there is a chance the Pokemon is able to faint it's opponent before it faints it, and possibly take a fatal blow, then it will take it.

As for Shadow moves, I would think that it gathers from Hate, or Negative (emotion) energy. Forcing the Pokemon's heart to close, therefore providing it with an infinate amount of this energy. This energy could also possibly explain the mechanics of Return and Frustration. The more negative energy within a Pokemon, the more powerful Frustration becomes. This energy never actually leaves, but is converted into a positive enrgy that powers up Return. So basically Return/Frustration uses Offensive and Emotional energies.

Now moves like Exposion, Self Destruct, and Memento will use up both Life and Offensive energies are used. Now you may be wonmdering why the power is the same each time they use it no matter how much HP they have. This could be explained in the fact that the Life and Offensive energy used for this attack is there merely to unleash a greater power, which causes an explosion of sots, or in the case of Memento, weakens the opponent.

That creepy feeling... Typhlosion In Repose's Avatar

Latios turned into energy when he died.
    And as I sit and talk to you,
    I see your face grow white.
    The shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light.
    The specter on my back will soon be free.
    The dead have come to claim a debt from thee.