Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Utsune
  • 1 Post By Lacquer Head

Thread: Pokemon Conspiracy

Blog Entries

Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

Default Pokemon Conspiracy

Hi first-time poster here.
    I stumbled upon a YouTube video listing out some very imaginative conspiracies people conjured up for the World of Pokemon. While I did come across really silly fan fiction, as well as a number of the more well-known ones in the past, there were several that caught my attention.

NOTE: Please refrain from reading if you don't feel comfortable with creepy content

To list a few:

WWII references:
    The 3 Regis learn Hyper Beam at Lv 89, reference to the A-bomb Fat Man which was detonated over Nagasaki August 9, 1945.
    Although Claydol learns Explosion at Lv 55 and Lv 72 for Gen 3 and Gen 5 respectively, it is Gen 4 when Explosion is learnt at Lv 86, possible reference to the A-bomb Little Boy dropped on Hiroshima August 6, 1945. Apparently with the jump from Gen3 to 4, moveset changes only apply to Claydol and legendaries from Gen1-3.
    Victini - possible reference to Churchill's Victory sign, or Children's Peace Monument (http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/virtual/img/irei_img/tour_16.jpg) aka Children of Hiroshima Statue. Pokedex entries also hold a possible metaphorical reference, implying whoever has their hands on this infinite source of energy is assured victory, reference to the A-bomb.

And one I was more baffled by. Apparently:
    In Diamond/Pearl, there is a book in the Library (presumably Canalave Library?) which says that "昔、人間とポケモンが交わった。" which literally means, "In the past, humans intersects with Pokemon" and the "intersect" could be synonymous with "keep company." However, in Japanese, the verb that describes this "交わる" can also commonly mean "to copulate," or "get in bed with" to be frank. I don't have the game anymore so I can't verify this, and I doubt any non-Japanese version would be unsuitably explicit lol. But think of all the human-like Pokemon. Like Jynx etc.

The more well-known one concerning Gengar and Clefable:
    They share many similar physical features, as well as Gengar being known as the shadow Pokemon... but whose shadow?

This creepy one about Parasect scares the brown stuff out of me:
    The reason Paras's eyes turned blank/ hollow/ pupil-less upon evolving into Parasect could be because the Mushroom on its back more or less sucked out every bit of life from its host (the orange bug underneath.) You could say the orange thing is dead, but the Mushroom is the real Parasect. This is supported by multiple Pokedex entries. And then remember where Paras were originally found? Mt Moon, where the alien Pokemon Clefairy call home.

Humans (might) eventually become Pokemon:
    See Pokedex entries for Kadabra, Yamask, Spiritomb, Froslass, and somewhat related, Shuppet and Banette. Also, Bill turned himself into one during Gen 1 :P

And the last one I'll mention for now, possible evidence that the Pokemon World is a future version of our world:
    The Pokedex entry does say, it is shaped like ancient writing. It is unknown whether they or the writing came first. Judging the Unown are basically the 26 Latin alphabet with the extra ! and ?, I think I'm pretty certain it's a real world reference in any case. Of course, other evidence include the several Pokemon regions introduced are all based on real world location.

Just sharing a few ideas that you might have or might not have already known :)
    Most references came from /watch?v=irGAi3THt1w although obviously this isn't the original source.
    Chibisyko, Chiss and Shadowlord XD like this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Conspiracy

yeah, most of these i already know.

This stuff is the coolest conspiracy of them all: Lavender Town and Pokémon 731 - Creepypasta Wiki
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Blog Entries

Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Te-em View Post
    This stuff is the coolest conspiracy of them all: Lavender Town and Pokémon 731 - Creepypasta Wiki
    Lol..................................
    ...What am I supposed to say?
    Actually am I supposed to comment to your post?
    I don't know what I want to say.
    I'm not making sense after all that reading.

Oh how I love Pokemon games and their community hahaha.

(Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

I'm a fan of the Mew/Ditto theory. Same color and shiny color, same weight, same areas, both the only pokemon that can learn transform. Ditto: A failed Mew clone. Also, originally, Marowak was intended to evolve into Kangaskhan, and if you care to look, Cubone and Kangaschan look quite similar. Cubone is a baby Kangaskhan wearing it's mother's skull. Also, I hate the dead Raticate theory, Blue calls you bud and stuff while talking to you, he's far too friendly to be vengeful in the slightest. Then there's the theory that Red and Blue are the first generation of a large war that swept over Kanto. If you'll notice, the majority of men are either old, work for the military/criminal syndicates or are gym leaders/elite 4 members. Red has no father and is more or less the man of the house that makes his own decision, there are hospitals in all towns, you're warned of danger right around the corner, children are sent on journeys across the country, Blue has no parents at all and Lt. Surge is a veteran of a war...
    wizteddy13 likes this.

That war theory really freaked me out when I first read it a few weeks ago :|