Pokemon that cannot be abandoned...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Te-em

Thread: Pokemon that cannot be abandoned...

Lightbulb Pokemon that cannot be abandoned...

What if there were certain Pokemon that if you capture them they stay with you for a long-term period or even for the rest of your life regardless of if you want them to or not.
    I'll use Gengar as an example, Gengar is a doppelganger that becomes or hides in a person's shadow feeding on their life-force, but what if it actually stays in a person's shadow and never leaves? That person wouldn't be able to get rid of or abandon it because you cant leave your shadow.
    Organizations like Team Rocket and team Plasma could not steal these Pokemon either, they're impossible to steal since they cant leave you; they would have to kidnap you in order to kidnap the Pokemon.

If there were some Pokemon with qualities to Gengar where the trainer is bound to them, then they'd never end up like Ash's Charmander and Tepig since where you go, they go.

And also in the game series, there could be certain Pokemon where if you capture them, you cant release them back into the wild, and some of them would be even more extreme about it, you wouldn't be able to deposit them into the PC, or even switch them out in battle, they'd have a permanent natural "Mean Look" effect so you'd have to be extra careful about placing them first on your team. You couldn't even trade them to another player(they'd refuse the trade). But, you'd get some type of warning of this right before you decide to throw the Pokeball. Or possibly even have to sign a contract with some(like signing a deal with a demon or the devil).

What do you think about this? :)
    Last edited by AntJR; 17th November 2012 at 12:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    Add Kutomba on Facebook
    Follow Kutomba on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemon that cannot be abandoned...

It would be really annoying but pretty cool.
    I kissed you in the water and made your dry lips sing
    I saw you look like a Japanese baby
    In an instant I remembered everything...

hi

There are already Pokemon that can never leave you. (Well unless you get the move deleter's help).
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    There are already Pokemon that can never leave you. (Well unless you get the move deleter's help).
    Which ones are those? I dont recall any.
    And how would taking it to the Move Deleter influence wether or not you can release it? Theres no Pokemon attack that prevents you from getting rid of a Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by AntJR View Post
    And how would taking it to the Move Deleter influence wether or not you can release it? Theres no Pokemon attack that prevents you from getting rid of a Pokemon.
    HM moves.

Oh, and I think if the Pokemon has a high friendship it can't leave ether (not sure about this). And of course, if it's your last Pokemon.
    Thats true. but you might have misunderstood, I'm not talking about a Pokemon that has a specific move to stop you from getting rid of them. I'm talking about species that could be bound to you by nature, no matter what moves they learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Te-em View Post
    Isn't there a Pokemon (Jupetta?) which is a doll that follows you if you discard it. It could be possible to encounter such a released Pokemon in the wild again. I remember when I and my friends believed you could encounter released Pokemon in the wild in the games. Since you never do encounter them again, I came up with a theory of what happens to released Pokemon, but it was quite a cruel theory.
    Jupetta/Banette doesn't, would be cool of if did though :)
    And what was that theory you had?

Quote Originally Posted by trainer_ebony View Post
    it would be realy annoying. But it would be cool temporarily, like, if in game you lose to team [insert name here] and they take your pokemon, then all you have is your gengar who hid in your shadow or something similar. Then you use that pokemon to earn yours back.
    Trainers being able to steal your Pokemon in the game, that would be fun :D

Quote Originally Posted by Te-em View Post
    No, not in the game, but story-like. From Bulbapedia: "...wander about in search of the children that threw them away. "
    Well, the theory is one that I illustrated in a comic. I've never had time to finish and upload it, but it had to do with the Pokémon Transfer System created by Dr. Akihabara (the Porygon episode, you know). I made my own version of the transfer system, calling it PTS.

Now, PTS is fun, because it is close to PTSD, which means post-traumatic stress disorder; so in the comic it could stand for either "Pockemon Transfer System" or "Post-Traumatic Stress". A Trainer is shown managing his Pokemon on the PC, which is connected to the PTS. Then, he decides to release a useless Pokemon, which looks rather frightened. It is sent into the PTS for "release".

Now, why don't we encounter this Pokemon in the wild? Yes, because . . . it is sent to the PTS (Pokemon Termination System). The comic shows the Pokemon along with some other useless Pokemon being transported on a conveyor belt into a big machine. In the background are some factories, stacks and lots of smoke.

Some people thought my comic was funny, others did not.

I also made a comic showing why we encounter so many wild Pokemon, even though we defeat so many. Some workers hired by the government enter the forest and pick up dead Pokemon and put them in bags, clean up the forest and plant some new Pokemon, probably bred in a farm somewhere. Then a Trainer enters the forest and it look all nice^^><

Maybe ghosts of released Pokemon could follow you. What if you suddenly found them in the graveyard or something? In a text RPG I made, Pokemon released or put in the box for too long would come after you, not as ghosts though. You could release them once and for all, but by the means shown above. I should be glad I seldom release any Pokemon, though I had thoughts of naming a box "termination" or something.
    Nice wordplay! Thats hilarious! :D
    a graveyard could definitely work, snd the Pokemon finding a way to escape the PV box on there own and follow you around would be awesome as well :)
    Last edited by AntJR; 25th November 2012 at 11:37 PM.

hi

HM moves.

Oh, and I think if the Pokemon has a high friendship it can't leave ether (not sure about this). And of course, if it's your last Pokemon.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Friendship/happiness isn't part of it. And if, for whatever reason, you couldn't release them, you can by all means trade them away.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

hi

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    Friendship/happiness isn't part of it.
    Okay. That's just what Bulbapedia says so I wasn't sure.
    And if, for whatever reason, you couldn't release them, you can by all means trade them away.
    Um, no, you can't trade away your last Pokemon. How do you not know this?

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Friendship/happiness isn't part of it.
    Okay. That's just what Bulbapedia says so I wasn't sure.
    And if, for whatever reason, you couldn't release them, you can by all means trade them away.
    Um, no, you can't trade away your last Pokemon. How do you not know this?
    I was only talking about happiness.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Isn't there a Pokemon (Jupetta?) which is a doll that follows you if you discard it. It could be possible to encounter such a released Pokemon in the wild again. I remember when I and my friends believed you could encounter released Pokemon in the wild in the games. Since you never do encounter them again, I came up with a theory of what happens to released Pokemon, but it was quite a cruel theory.
    Owain likes this.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

PKMN Master (in training) trainer_ebony's Avatar
    Blog Entries

it would be realy annoying. But it would be cool temporarily, like, if in game you lose to team [insert name here] and they take your pokemon, then all you have is your gengar who hid in your shadow or something similar. Then you use that pokemon to earn yours back.
    Pokemon Black- 3439-6961-3323
    Pokemon Black2-4342-0303-5375

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sounds like something out of a creepypasta. I approve, though they'd have to be rare enough that they weren't a common nuisance.

No, not in the game, but story-like. From Bulbapedia: "...wander about in search of the children that threw them away. "
    Well, the theory is one that I illustrated in a comic. I've never had time to finish and upload it, but it had to do with the Pokémon Transfer System created by Dr. Akihabara (the Porygon episode, you know). I made my own version of the transfer system, calling it PTS.

Now, PTS is fun, because it is close to PTSD, which means post-traumatic stress disorder; so in the comic it could stand for either "Pockemon Transfer System" or "Post-Traumatic Stress". A Trainer is shown managing his Pokemon on the PC, which is connected to the PTS. Then, he decides to release a useless Pokemon, which looks rather frightened. It is sent into the PTS for "release".

Now, why don't we encounter this Pokemon in the wild? Yes, because . . . it is sent to the PTS (Pokemon Termination System). The comic shows the Pokemon along with some other useless Pokemon being transported on a conveyor belt into a big machine. In the background are some factories, stacks and lots of smoke.

Some people thought my comic was funny, others did not.

I also made a comic showing why we encounter so many wild Pokemon, even though we defeat so many. Some workers hired by the government enter the forest and pick up dead Pokemon and put them in bags, clean up the forest and plant some new Pokemon, probably bred in a farm somewhere. Then a Trainer enters the forest and it look all nice^^><

Maybe ghosts of released Pokemon could follow you. What if you suddenly found them in the graveyard or something? In a text RPG I made, Pokemon released or put in the box for too long would come after you, not as ghosts though. You could release them once and for all, but by the means shown above. I should be glad I seldom release any Pokemon, though I had thoughts of naming a box "termination" or something.
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

^ oh my classmate had a theory a bit similar to yours about releasing Pokémon. We read this book called The Giver in Reading class and it's about being in a perfect community and stuff with no worries, they choose your family unit, your jobs, your spouse, etc. for you. Then a boy called Jonas got assigned the job Receiver of Memory, where he received memories of the past and he found out the truth about the community, it wasn't as perfect as he thought. They didn't have sunshine, snow, rain (as in no weather at all), hills, colors (as in a black and white world), animals, love, etc. Then he found out that when someone is "released" from the community they don't go to "Elsewhere" (the outside world), they die. (google it if you wanna find out more, or you can just check Wikipedia or something) So my classmate said when you release a Pokémon, it doesn't go out into the wild, it dies.

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar

I think it just teleports (or somehow moves) them to wherever you caught them. I generally don't release mine anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaTuesday View Post
    ^ oh my classmate had a theory a bit similar to yours about releasing Pokémon. We read this book called The Giver in Reading class and it's about being in a perfect community and stuff with no worries, they choose your family unit, your jobs, your spouse, etc. for you. Then a boy called Jonas got assigned the job Receiver of Memory, where he received memories of the past and he found out the truth about the community, it wasn't as perfect as he thought. They didn't have sunshine, snow, rain (as in no weather at all), hills, colors (as in a black and white world), animals, love, etc. Then he found out that when someone is "released" from the community they don't go to "Elsewhere" (the outside world), they die. (google it if you wanna find out more, or you can just check Wikipedia or something) So my classmate said when you release a Pokémon, it doesn't go out into the wild, it dies.
    Sort of like the "resettlement programme". Spooky.
    Gonnae look that book up; sounds interesting.
    Anyway, in my text RPG, when you released a Pokemon, it could also go to the Refuse Dump. I guess they strolled around there for a while, until they were removed.
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape