Pokemon that are bigger/smaller than you expected - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Pokemon that are bigger/smaller than you expected

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon that are bigger/smaller than you expected

Groudon is apparently MUCH shorter than I thought: 11'06, the same height as Arbok! Seriously, it's THAT small?

Victini too. 1' 04" -- Thats slightly taller than my cat.
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post

I suspect that serpentine Pokemon are measured as though they were completely extended upwards, otherwise we wouldn't have things like Ekans being the same size as Venusaur or Dratini being bigger than Charizard. The anime seems to support this (though it does take its own liberties with how big some Pokemon are), as do the size of the walking sprites in HGSS.

So measured as they would normally stand, I'd say Dunsparce would be about 2 feet tall and Serperior around 6 feet.
    That's definitely the case if we go by some beta Pokemon art.

Personally, I think Salamence is kind of small, standing at 4'11" tall from what I assume is head to toe.

Follow クリスタル On Twitter

For me personally, EVERY Pokemon with Pokedex height above 0.7m is damn hell SMALL!!!!

Yes, EVERY Pokemon taller than 0.7m.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

I always expected Torkoal to be a lot bigger(Its the size of a cat). I expected it to be Torterra size, or a least the size of a giant tortoise.
    I thought Wailmer would be bigger, because it evolves into 50 foot long Wailord, and it grows 40 feet in the porcess!
    Bulbapedia says Dunsparce is a tsuchinoko, but its too big, and its too small to be a feathered serpent.

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164....
    This is actually the line X + Y = 3.141

Blog Entries

Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Type Princess~ View Post
    Serperior! I thought it'd be 5 feet tall! But it's 10'10 feet tall? Woah, woah, hold the phone here. :o
    Also Crobat and Golbat. I thought they'd be small, but man...They're huge. :o Man, how my Platinum/Pearl characters ever raised 'em I'll never know...
    Arceus is smaller then I'd think he'd be. 10 feet tall, and he's the PokeGod? You'd think he'd be taller, like...30 feet or something. I guess not. *shrugs*
    All I can think of for now. :D
    Wait wait wait, Serperior might look 5 feet to you because it probably is coiled up (/folded in half) in your mind, right?? 5 feet is like... probably your height or less?! If you stretch it out you get the full 10'10''!! :D hahaha...

I agree with the Arceus though.

For the Crobat, at least it explains how it could HM02-Fly you around :P

Come to think of it, Groudon's also only 11 feet. (11'06'' to be exact.) I'd have thought it would be something like the 'Groudon' from the movie. I mean, it's meant to represent the land, right??

(Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Type Princess~ View Post
    Serperior! I thought it'd be 5 feet tall! But it's 10'10 feet tall? Woah, woah, hold the phone here. :o
    Wait wait wait, Serperior might look 5 feet to you because it probably is coiled up (/folded in half) in your mind, right?? 5 feet is like... probably your height or less?! If you stretch it out you get the full 10'10''!! :D hahaha...
    Actually, the Size of Serperior kind of threw me when shown in the Anime as well.
    It was Huge standing beside Trip and it wasn't even shown at it's full Length.

For some reason, Meloetta came across as so much Smaller in the Anime then I expected.
    Half-felt like I could put her in my Pocket, even though she wasn't that small in relation to the others.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was surprised of both Torkoal and Golem's lack of height. Torkoal is about the size of a cat, where I expected it to be more around the 4' area. Golem on the other hand is about 4'07". I totally expected it to be AT LEAST 5'. I mean, it just looks like it could be so much bigger -- but it isn't.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Honestly, every single size catches me off guard. Every singel one.

Dratini is almost 6 feet! It looks so small and cute. Like it would only be a foot long or something.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Plush View Post
    Dratini is almost 6 feet! It looks so small and cute. Like it would only be a foot long or something.
    Same here. I thought it would only be about 2 feet long, but it's pretty big.

I also thought Torkoal would be bigger. When I first saw Flannery use it, I thought it was some huge juggernaut of a monster, and then I saw the anime and it was pretty tiny. The reverse for Numel. I figured it was only a foot or two tall, and then it turned out to be over 3 feet tall.

Blog Entries

I thought Golurk would have been taller; nine feet didn't seem so "giant" for a giant freaking ghost-bot. Then I saw it in the Victini move and said "Holy crap!" Nine feet with a lot of bulk is pretty danged big!

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

In the episode Bye-Bye Psyduck, that wild Golduck was shorter than Misty, who I estimate to be about 4 feet tall. In the manga Blue's is shorter than him, who I believe could have been the same height then. Then I find out that Golduck is really 5 feet tall. That's a giant duck there.

Blog Entries

Wailmer is a bit larger than expected. Six feet tall?

Rayquaza being about 20 feet long surprised me too. I was expecting at least double that.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

It always surprised me that Iris' Axew was so small... if it's really a 2 foot tall pokemon, then Iris must be 8 feet tall!

Salamance is also much smaller than I expected, and the fact that Dunsparce is the same size as Salamance is pretty crazy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast