Pokemon that are an awesome idea, but are ultimately worthless?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon that are an awesome idea, but are ultimately worthless?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon that are an awesome idea, but are ultimately worthless?

In my years of Pokemon playing, I've noticed plenty of Pokemon that scored points on my personal cool meter. Ultimately, however, they turned out worthless.

Piloswine - Maybe this is why it has a stage 3 in D/P, but seriously, Piloswine was quite intriguing. However, it ultimately proved worthless.

Slugma/Magcargo - A lava themed Pokemon? HELL YES, I said. I enjoy watching the Hawaiian lava flows, and so I became excited when I saw Slugma. However, I was dreadfully disappointed with it. This Pokemon is what inspired me to create this thread in the first place.

Unown - Honestly, I expected more out of these little critters. After having (accidentally) solved the Kabuto puzzle, I found myself immersed in the Quasi-Egyptian themed feel of the area. However, the Pokemon were WORTHLESS. All they are useful for is to be eye candy.

Nidoking - Looking at it, you'd expect a terrifying powerhouse. However, it ultimately isn't anywhere as good as the aesthetics make it out to be. However, I still try to have a Nidoking in my team if I can.

Weezing - To this day, STILL my favorite Poison type. However, even though it boasts above average defense, it lacks the offensive power it needs to be truly effective.

Dusclops - I went through a lot of trouble to try and raise one, simply because I really liked Duskull's design. However, Dusclops lacks in offenhsive power, which is disheartening because there aren't many ghosts that can claim effective offense outside of Gengar and Banette.

Yeah, these are some of mine. Anyone have any of yours that you'd like to share?

It's myyyy spoon! Stormchaser Raijin's Avatar

Magikarp

Slowking - I would still use him in a competitive team over Slowbro. Because Slowking could really use pants.

Bibarel - No, I'm serious. He was cool, and I like the Normal/Water typing - but he sucks. D:

Chimecho - Adorable, pure psychic too. But cruddy stats. D:

Tropius - If only grass wasn't weak to ice... he'd be bombin'

Delibird - SERIOUSLY. A Santa Claus bird. How cool can you get here?

Blog Entries

Probopass. Awesome beyond recognition, but doesn't fare well compared to the other Physical/Special walls in the game. (Plus he has a 4x weakness to Ground, which pretty much destroys him)

The Sinnoh Battle Frontier is among them, and an old foe is back for revenge. With Rain's new companions, as well as some old friends by his side, can he win this challenge and stop Shinsei Muto before it's too late?
    Updated Tuesdays and Fridays
    Don't forget the other two. LoS is long, so be sure to have plenty of free time. =)
    Legends of Sinnoh|Shadow Apocalypse

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chimecho is awesome. I mean, a pokemon based on something like that could easily have been a legendary.

Also Ditto, it can transform into the opponent, but crappier. It seriously needs an evolution or something...

The only thing it's good for is when you EV train your Sp. Atk.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Chatot. I dont know, to me it seems pointless. I thought you could record a message for it to say when it uses Blabber? Thats cool but I cant figure out how to do it.

And combee. Its only redeeming quality is females evolve into Vespiquen. But a major factor that makes me hate it is searching for a female combee... with a beneficial nature.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I can't seem to get Chatter to work either. When it plays, it's like it only picked up a split second of what I said.

Shedinja seems pointless
    Last edited by Roconza; 16th November 2007 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roconza View Post
    Shedinja seems pointless
    I have Objections to that.
    Use it wisely and it can defeat a Dialga easily.
    The only pokemon the really seems pointless is Magikarp... unless you're evolving it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fate View Post
    Yeah, I can't seem to get Chatter to work either. When it plays, it's like it only picked up a split second of what I said.
    The message you record is garbled, mixed up and then spit out by Chatot. So no, you can't relay a message using Chatter. Sort of like Star Fox Command, if you've played it.

I've always thought pretty much any Moon Stone evolution was pretty much useless. They all might look kinda cool... But they all suck ass. Except Clefable. Magic Guard is just that awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    Noobs don't have far to fall!

Salac Berry and TM 64 (Explosion) wanted! | Chat! (DON'T TALK ABOUT ACE ATTORNEY OKAY) | KEVIN'S CAR

I totally hate myself for saying this, but...

Whiscash isn't much for competitive battling. =X But then... a. I hate competitive battling with a fiery passion, b. it does okay in the games whenever I've had one (frequently) and c. absolutely everything else about it is awesome, I could care less about stats and whatnot. <3

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whiscash View Post
    I totally hate myself for saying this, but...

Whiscash isn't much for competitive battling. =X But then... a. I hate competitive battling with a fiery passion, b. it does okay in the games whenever I've had one (frequently) and c. absolutely everything else about it is awesome, I could care less about stats and whatnot. <3
    I still can't get over the fact that Whiscash looks like Jabun from Wind Waker.

Whiscahs is awsome in RSE Contests (aka the contests that don't suck)

I'd have to agree with Spinda

Blog Entries

Unown . . but I was always assuming that it was just there for the puzzles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast