Are Pokemon available outside of the Pokemon Nation? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Pokemon available outside of the Pokemon Nation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Are Pokemon available outside of the Pokemon Nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Keegman View Post
    there's still one kid who says that he learned the word "Konnichiwa" in his foreign language class. That was odd.
    Likewise, you get the Japanese Pokedex and I think someone refers to Japanese as a foreign language, in the DPP games. Must be english only.

Post Thanks / Like

In America hunting is popular. Does that mean that they'd hunt for Pokemon? Maybe a Stantler head hanging above my fireplace?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
    In America hunting is popular. Does that mean that they'd hunt for Pokemon? Maybe a Stantler head hanging above my fireplace?
    Oh man that'd be terrible. I mean, bad enough that the eyes on those things always follow you throughout the room, but add antlers that give you nightmares? no thank you.
    SoulSilver FC: 3782 1205 0348
    Platinum FC: 2879 5571 5372

I think instead of a quote, I might just start listing the number of people whose signatures contain quotes by me. My goal is to be in ALL OF THEM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
    Why wouldn't they hunt Pokemon?

..Read the Pokemon myths from Sinnoh. Also, Slowpoke tails and Cinnabar Burgers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Professor Lund and Tory were in Antarctica if I remember correctly, and those were clearly Sealios and Spheals.

If there are Pokemon from outer space (Deoxys), I don't see why not in the rest of the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure Surge mentioned having Raichu with him while he was in the American Army.

And Xatu's Pokedex entry mentions it living in South America.

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is, Pokémon are everywhere...but Japan the "Pokemon nation" is the only place where they've taken over the ecosystem entirely. In my mental universe, Pokémon are less numerous in other regions, and coexist with non-Pokémon animals, but are still present. (And THAT's where dub-Ash's cheeseburgers come from: normal old cattle from China, Australia, New Zealand, etc.)

But in "Pokéia," where the Moonstone landed, where Arceus saved the main island from a meteor storm, where the first Mew bonded with the Tree of Beginnings and the Poké-cellular lifeforms first began to mingle with native species, Pokémon have had time and opportunity to take over all the evolutionary niches and become the dominant lifeform on "Monshū" (sorry ) and nearby islands.
    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Look, it's very simple! Lake Calamity, Lake Acurracy, and Lake Vitality! There it all is, black and white, clear as crystal! And maybe ruby and sapphire.

My Pokémon fics. Let me show you them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasui View Post
    I believe the Orre region (Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness) was devoid of wild Pokemon. They had to be imported from other regions.
    XD shows us they were definately there. They're just really, really hard to come by.

I've always seen Orre as Hiroshima, personally. The desert could correspond to a post-nuclear wasteland...And it isn't Nagasaki because that lines up with Slateport, so Hiroshima it is.
    Goddamn look at that Wargle in your avatar, all, "FUCK YOU I'M AMERICA! I EMBODY THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WITHIN MY FURY! I AM BOTH BIRD AND CONCEPT!"

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeanLuc Pika-Q View Post
    What Ryuu said, and that was only added in by the crazy American dubbers, so don't take that as canon evidence for anything
    The Norwegian was better, consider the Vikings came from this place, they talked about Stavanger, it's funny coz the local football team in Stavanger is named Viking and that's about the only place in Norway the vikings did not leave off to discover America and plunder Brits.

So I think Stavanger is just as important to the Pokemon World as Minnesota.

Anyway I will say, why should they not? I see no reason why not, so I say yes, indeed they certainly live all over the place.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12